Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: red dead redemption

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    DLC that costs money is pretty lame. Same deal with Hollywood releasing terrible PG13 movies for the masses, and then the "real director's cut with deleted scenes" comes out on DVD, when that was the original movie in the first place.
    definitely, unless its something significant like the gta 4 episodes, those are full games that could be packaged stand alone

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    definitely, unless its something significant like the gta 4 episodes, those are full games that could be packaged stand alone
    First DLC is free. The 2 add ons are unknowns. Keep in mind Rockstar is putting this game out. They did GTA4 with 2 new add ons which were basically 2 new games, achievements, multiplayer.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

As someone who didn't have his system online from the get go, I definitely understand the frustration of DLC, even that of the free variety. Especially in a case like this where it's released on the same day as the game. It's not as if this wasn't in development and couldn't have been packaged with the game.

Either way, I'm about as psyched for this game as I've been for any in a while. I have Jury Duty on the 19th, so no work, and the game is released on the 18th. I'm actually looking forward to leaving work early that day, picking up my copy, playing late into the night knowing I can sleep through the jury video for the fourth time. And hoping I get let go at lunch like I have in the past just to sit home and play.

I do not have a problem with paying for dlc as long as it is worth the price. I am not going to pay for outfits, weapons or gameplay that only last an hour.

This is a decent article about some of the features, with some marginal references to the game's influences.

http://gameinformer.com/games/red_de...edemption.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    This is a decent article about some of the features, with some marginal references to the game's influences.

http://gameinformer.com/games/red_de...edemption.aspx
    I can see myself laying story mode more than once because you can be a good guy or bad guy. I want to experience both. Cant wait to see how this multiplayer setup is also. So much to do in this game. Wonder when the list of achievements will drop.

Rockstar rules. After hearing so much good, I want to know whats bad about it.

Very good NBA starter

Jesus...This game is a dream come true. My favorite things so far that I've read are:

-Map is 3x larger than San Andreas (This is just unreal...)
    -Multiplayer actually looks AMAZING, not just acceptable. Usually epic games lose out on multiplayer on certain aspects
    -You can build on your reputation like in Fable by doing different tasks
    -Details from landscape to actual gameplay like tieing up a person, shooting their legs so they can't escape, plus the graphics, fluidity, etc.

I am definitely going to get this. I was thinking of only having one free roam game and it was going to be Assassins Creed but this one definitely takes the cake.

I think my only concern at this point is there will be so much that it won't be focused. That I'll never know what I want to do next.

As a completionist type myself, I ran into a bit of that with GTA, like I never wanted to blow off the stupid cousin for a game of darts because I was afraid I'd miss out on something. That game got much better once I learned that you could turn the phone off.

Yeah I think this game will end up being overwheling when it comes to missions. That you dont know what to do first. As you mentioned GTA4 was like that. Get text messages, voice msgs, phone calls, different mission icons on the map. But I enjoyed it tho.

Also liked the part where they said if you are free roaming checking out the landscape, sight seeing that you could potentially get attacked by a wild animal or bandits. I like the sudden surprise of one minute enjoying the view and next you gotta pull out the gun and lay someone or something down.

Game sounds fun. Already bought my copy. Can't wait.

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

I read or someone told me they read, that you can let a horse run full out and it takes like 45 mins real time to go across the map. I just hope it doesn't take forever to get where you're going. I am sure it will, because you often had to drive forever IN missions in GTA. I hope there is a 'warp' option like there was in cabs 'Y' button for 360....but not sure what that would apply to in this game, maybe trains and stage coaches.

Very good NBA starter

Hahahaha taxi's replaced with traveling wagons? This game is going to be beast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    thank you

Dunking on everybody in the park

First couple of reviews are in:

GamesTM gave it a 9 out of 10.

Game Informer gave it a 9.75 out of 10