Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Street Fighter V/Tekken 7

Anyone into fighting games? Excited for next year? I'm not sure if both Tekken and SF will release in February but fighting games typically get an earlier quarter release and I imagine they won't be too far from each other.

Anyone play the SFV beta? I thought it was very grounded, very pokey. I like the pacing of it. I felt like the game won't be out of reach for players who aren't good at 2D fighters, like me. I really liked Rashid, and may eventually main him since I'm not the biggest fan of who they kept in the initial roster, nor the leaked DLC. I also likes R. Mika, it will be interesting to see her next build and whether or not they nerf some of her stuff. I still hold out eternal hope that my HRAP 3 will work for SFV but I fear it won't and I don't have $120 bucks to spend on a brand new stick.

But I am also excited to get back into Tekken which is the series I cut my teeth in growing up. I'm excited to see the new mechanics, and the end of the Mishima story (so they claim), and another mainline Tekken, and all of that. But mostly, I'm excited to not be complete shit at a fighting game again. I've been playing 2D games trying to wrap my head around them and it's really fun and I'm getting there but I lose a lot in those games. Tekken is far more familiar.

Any other fighting games you're excited to see in the next year?

Default Re: Street Fighter V/Tekken 7

I'll definitely take a look at SFV when it comes out. Used to play the Tekkens but never thought they were on the same level as Virtua Fighter.

Soul Calibur (arcade/dreamcast) is GOAT. Marvel Vs. Capcom is next. Then Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter IMO.