Default Does Snell's recent good play finally force Thibs hand on captain Klunk?

Us bulls fans have been lamenting Thibs love affair with kirk hinrich for some time now...

Can we finally get Kirk down to 5 to 10 minutes a game, where he should Be?

Snell has proven worthy of a solid 20 minutes a game role for the Bulls...

Interested to hear from ISH guys here their thoughts.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Does Snell's recent good play finally force Thibs hand on captain Klunk?

They should reduce Jimmy's playing time to like 33-35 mins a game so he can actually move once the playoffs come around.

Who cares about Kirk in all honesty. Snell/Dunleavy and Butler are the only wing players that atm matter to the Bulls success.

Default Re: Does Snell's recent good play finally force Thibs hand on captain Klunk?

This whole situation reminds me of Brooks' own love affair with Andre Roberson, he plays him over Morrow too often. Some coaches just love that D.

Anyway, even though Snell plays better, I think limiting his minutes is more beneficial for the viewers at home. Have you seen his ****ing face? Dude is legit out of a horror movie, kids at home would be scarred for life if they were exposed to that monstrosity for too long. Thibs knows this hence why he plays the nice harmless looking white boy with goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They should reduce Jimmy's playing time to like 33-35 mins a game so he can actually move once the playoffs come around.

Who cares about Kirk in all honesty. Snell/Dunleavy and Butler are the only wing players that atm matter to the Bulls success.

That's the point. Those are the players that matter and we want less kirk and more players who actually impact the games...

Kirk has a terrible +/- out of all players in the NBA. Thibs is a guy who looks at stats, perhaps he overlooks this one for the choir boy

poido123 you Kirk hating SOB, I will break you.

Snell should be getting more minutes though...and Kirk hasn't been that great. But you're hating on him a little much, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    poido123 you Kirk hating SOB, I will break you.

Snell should be getting more minutes though...and Kirk hasn't been that great. But you're hating on him a little much, imo.

It isn't Kirks fault, but it is a situation which is getting in the way of player/team development.

4 game winning streak since kirk got injured.

You know how long kirk hasn't been Great? A few years now.

I love his effort and what he brings, but what he brings is an end of the bench player.

5-time NBA All-Star

I didn't get Snell not getting the minutes from the jump. When the team wasn't playing Thibes ball it was largely due to his not playing Snell. He and Butler together could throw off any player's game if you mix them up on a wing player. Snell is longer, quicker with his feet, and can play further off of his man while Butler is grittier, stronger/tougher, and puts his body on the player. Butler should be getting his minutes down by a full 5 minutes per game to 34 minutes per game.

Hinrich can be effective but its only if he's well rested. I don't see him playing back to back playoff games with a day off in between. He seemingly throws the team off a bit and doesn't have a consistent range anymore. If Snell is hot from outside, he can be as important as Butler which is really impressive, along with having a very good defender at every position.