Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    the WHITE side

Default Re: 'Batman Vs. Superman' Movie News

I'm not a big comic book geek and don't know the surrounding background/info of Batman versus Superman, so can somebody fill me in as to why this film WILL be horrible. Seems like all of the responses are confident that this film will suck total ass. Is it just because of Affleck or...?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KendrickPerkins
    I'm not a big comic book geek and don't know the surrounding background/info of Batman versus Superman, so can somebody fill me in as to why this film WILL be horrible. Seems like all of the responses are confident that this film will suck total ass. Is it just because of Affleck or...?
    Its because of the director man of steel sucked

More than anything, I don't like Zach Snyder.

The casting doesn't worry me because a competent director who loves the script + actors who really love the script...can usually create something memorable.

Zack Snyder is just not one of those directors.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I'm not a big comic book geek either and I don't know the story to this, but for me it comes down to the fact that the very idea of Superman and Batman together makes me cringe...why in the name of fck would Superman even need Batman? lol, just think about the silliness of that for a sec

and if they are to fight each other? what is batman going to have kryptonite bat boomangs to throw at him or something? I mean I don't see how a fight between Superman and Batman wouldn't be corny as fck

and then couple that with the fact we have already recently had a massive of Batman who was pulled off pretty well by Bale, Affleck doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of doing better or even equal to Bale.

it just has no chance...none...it's a doomed project

I would be ok with Affleck as Batman if he was also directing the movie but with Zack Snyder..... dude's just a shitty director. Movie will be garbage

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    right, and it feels like this is the a-bomb that will come in and kill it off for good...or at least for a long time
    This movie failing would not kill off comic book movies. It would hurt DC, but Marvel will continue to thrive, which will make DC continue to look for that golden touch that Marvel has.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    This movie failing would not kill off comic book movies. It would hurt DC, but Marvel will continue to thrive, which will make DC continue to look for that golden touch that Marvel has.
    I could be wrong but I don't think the general population, soccer moms and such, really know or think about which is DC and which is Marvel...it's all just 'superhero shit' to them

just my gut feeling...maybe I'm not giving people enough cred though

I could be wrong but I don't think the general population, soccer moms and such, really know or think about which is DC and which is Marvel...it's all just 'superhero shit' to them

just my gut feeling...maybe I'm not giving people enough cred though
    Soccer moms aren't the demo anyway. Kids will want to see superheroes no matter how bad the movies are and will beg their soccer moms to take them. Young adults, led mostly by the males, will know the difference between the Avengers related movies and the shitty Superman movies. Superman can fail, and people will still flock to see another Iron Man movie because they liked the previous ones, and they want to see Avengers in general, so they will see most of the movies associated with that. People will also continue flocking to Spider-man, because Superman sucking won't impact how they felt about the previous Spider-man movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Soccer moms aren't the demo anyway. Kids will want to see superheroes no matter how bad the movies are and will beg their soccer moms to take them. Young adults, led mostly by the males, will know the difference between the Avengers related movies and the shitty Superman movies. Superman can fail, and people will still flock to see another Iron Man movie because they liked the previous ones, and they want to see Avengers in general, so they will see most of the movies associated with that. People will also continue flocking to Spider-man, because Superman sucking won't impact how they felt about the previous Spider-man movies.
    yeah, you might be right

just feels like it is an over-done fad right now that is certain to die down some...but maybe it's just one of those things that never goes away

yeah, you might be right

just feels like it is an over-done fad right now that is certain to die down some...but maybe it's just one of those things that never goes away
    I do think it can die down, but there are so many successful comic movies that none depend on the success of 1, so if it does die down, it will likely be a gradual process of people being burnt out. I don't think it will ever go away completely, but budgets could get smaller and the number of comic films per year could go down.

I knew it...Lex Luther invented FB as a mind control tool to rule the world

Banned

Lightbulb Re: 'Batman Vs. Superman' Movie News

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    LEX LUTHOR

ALFRED
    Now I'm 100% convinced the producers are purposely trying to sabotage this thing. Probably just an elaborate ponzi scheme of some sort.

it should have been this

warner brothers.....

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    I thought he was supposed to be Lex????!!! What happened?
    they thought heisenberg's first name was jesse