Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: 2005 Ginobli or 2014 Harden?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    One was the FMVP and a champion tbh
    Yup. Props to Manu for raping the Pistons. Kobe played like garbage against the same defense the year before and cost Shaq a 5th ring. Always felt Manu was the best SG of the 2000s. Sidekickbe never was that impressive especially when you compare him to Manu in advanced stats like RAPM. Give Manu the ability to play 35 mpg, and you have a beast of a player.

how is this even a question ?

manu played within a team concept, harden is monkeying with isos

manu played excellent team and 1v1 defense, harden is thinking about chucking his next 3

manu knew when to defer, harden is all kobe

manu was a big game player and provided big a second option in the finals , harden was shook in the finals as a third option.

manu was a high iq player that has worked in many different team setups throughout the years and can play effectively off ball, harden is a ballhog

lmao at this thread. Lots of 12 year olds here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    manu was a big game player and provided big a second option in the finals , harden was shook in the finals as a third option.
    It's a good thing this question wasn't regarding OKC Harden. It's almost like Manu never played like shit.

As far as regular season goes, something we've only seen from 2014 Harden, he's clearly the better player.

Harden and it's not even close. This is coming from someone who abhors that ugly mother****er.

Banned

Manu has the highest defensive PER of any perimeter player in the past decade. He also performs in the playoffs.

Harden chokes in the playoffs and is the worst perimeter defender in the NBA.

Do the math bruh.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

How is this worthy of a thread?

Banned

I'm surprised no one has called Harden a flopping POS while propping up Manu. I mean, you might as well have.

Manu by some distance.

Manu's playoff stats that season: 21/6/4 on 65TS% in 33mpg with a 25 PER on the way to winning a chip against an all-time great defensive team (and he was the main reason they won that Game 7).

He was also a much better defensive player at that time than Harden is now.

Lets see what Harden does in the playoffs

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I'd rather have current Manu than 2014 Harden

Dunking on everybody in the park

Give me the guy who doesn

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Spite thread.

The average follower that posts on ISHH would say Ginoboli but I'd love to see Ginoboli running a top 5 team as #1 option and not have his FG% plummet.

People love to blame Harden for the Finals but if it wasn't for him carrying Westbrook's weight in the WCF they wouldn't even be there.
    2011 Manu was the Spurs best player. Spurs were the best RS team in the league and his FG% didn't plummet Try again?

I would like to see Harden be the best player on a national team and win a gold medal without any other NBA allstart. Would be like team Nigeria in 2012 Olympics, except I think Ike Diogu > Harden. 150-46 scores errryday

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Lets see what Harden does in the playoffs
    This is the only right answer. And this ain't a Harden hate thread, I remember a couple years ago people were convinced Manu was better than prime Mcgrady.

Very good NBA starter

Generally speaking, I'd take prime Manu over current Harden, but I don't necessarily think 05 was Manu's best individual season (he took on more responsibility as Duncan aged; 07-11). Yet he was in his physical prime in 05 and he made the AS game amongst other great guards at the time (Iverson, Allen, Kobe, Hamilton, etc). Manu is a winner, intense competitor, great defender, and capable scorer. So much of what I just said is not quantified in regular stats. Who knows how many charges Manu has taken/drawn over his career. That kind of stuff takes tremendous defensive effort yet it doesn't show up in the box score.

Banned

Harden. If you literally say Ginobili you are ****ing retarded. It's not even close.