Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-02-2007, 02:20 AM   #136
Rebel INS
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: OT: high school seniors. post your acceptance status.

From what i have noticed, most majors are going to be pretty easy and you won't need some insane study habit. But of course if you are doing some kind of engineering then it will be the complete opposite.
Rebel INS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:26 AM   #137
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
You are forced. Just don't be stupid and think you can pull of college by pulling all nighters most of the time.

Don't come expecting to make some 4.0 GPA, unless that is your goal, otherwise enjoy your college life. It isn't easy to develop study habits; you have to discipline yourself and create some type of organizational skills. I'm a first generation college student, so it wasn't as if I could go to my parents for advice. It can be tough, but trust me it isn't hard to study once you develop those habits. This is the reason why I tell high school people to develop some type of study habit. No need to be studying 6 hours a night, since it is high school, but at least study like an hour per night, and it will great benefit you in your college life.

im guessing its kinda tough to try and manage everything going on like your academics/social life/R & R. How'd u cope w/ it all?
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 AM   #138
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
good luck in Pak. Highly recommend you work on your Urdu if it doesn't come naturally to you. If you sound too gora people will take advantage of your naivete. Also do check-in on qualification requirements in US when you come back after studying abroad. I think you'll have to take some kind of exam from hell before you can practice.

As a bonus you'll be instantly popular with the ladies simply because you have the good 'ol USA stamp on you ;)
Thanks dude. I can speak urdu fairly fluently but I do have the "gora" (that means white/American) accent since I was born and raised in Cali. I can't read or right much at all. I'm planning on studying urdu when I get there cause school doesn't start till jan. So from summer till then, I'll try to get urdu under control.

After I get back, I have to take the USMLE's. Which are hard but a lot of people who work hard have gotten really good grades on their first try. Like above the 90th percentile. Plus, certain schools go out of their way to prepare students for USMLE, the Australian test, and the British test (PLAB, i think).

If anyone knows of someone who went to med school out of US and came back, help me get in contact please. All advice is great.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:00 PM   #139
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

I can't believe it.. I just got my letter from NYU.

waitlisted.

says last year 1400 kids got waitlisted, 84 got in.

**** that. I'm going to Tech. I guess.

man, I got screwed. not that it wasn't completely my fault for not working harder but... damn.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #140
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

waitlisted.

man, I got screwed. not that it wasn't completely my fault for not working harder but... damn.

You still got a chance man. Sux you didnt make it but im sure VTech is still a decent school.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:26 AM   #141
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15

waitlisted.

If you really want to go, you can write an essay or an update to them about what have you done since you've applied and your willingness to attend if you get accepted. Since you say you're a pretty good writer that could help...
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:21 AM   #142
LAKESHOW34
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Can you do appeal the admissions decision? Maybe write a letter expressing why you really want to go to NYU? Who knows. Whatever you do, good luck.
LAKESHOW34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: