Page 1 of 83 12341151 ... LastLast

Default official high school basketball thread

Tryouts should be coming up for most schools if you haven't already had them.
    In this thread you can
    -post how tryouts/practice is going
    -vent your frustrations
    -talk about your goals for the season
    -talk about how your game went
    -weaknesses
    -strengths
    -get advice from other players
    -ect.

im a sophomore this year and hoping to start varsity.
    Last edited by dwight20-20; 10-28-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    Tryouts should be coming up for most schools if you haven't already had them. In this thread you can post how tryouts/practice is going, vent your frustrations, talk about your goals for the season, talk about how your game went, weaknesses, strengths, ect.

im a sophomore this year and hoping to start varsity.
    what position do you play?
    im a sophomore just hoping to make varsity i have a feeling that i have a chance to beat out the starting varsity pg becuase we are equal in size he is about as quick and agile as i am i think i am a better defender though... the only thing he has over me is varsity experience so we will see what happens

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Nice thread. Sophmore here also, starting Varsity(SG)... Going to be a hell of a season. I don't get along for shit with my teammates. Me and the coach occasionally don't see eye to eye either. First game on the 31st. You cats already had tryouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Droth24
    what position do you play?
    im a sophomore just hoping to make varsity i have a feeling that i have a chance to beat out the starting varsity pg becuase we are equal in size he is about as quick and agile as i am i think i am a better defender though... the only thing he has over me is varsity experience so we will see what happens
    im a post(im 6' 9"). We had two seniors a little taller than 6' 4" last year so i only played a little varsity but this year its only me and this other kid thats like 6' 3" for post players.

but we dont have official practice until november 12th and our first game is december 2nd.

im a post(im 6' 9"). We had two seniors a little taller than 6' 4" last year so i only played a little varsity but this year its only me and this other kid thats like 6' 3" for post players.

but we dont have official practice until november 12th and our first game is december 2nd.
    a 6 9 soph. we could use some of those at our school! our center for varsity is 6 2 tops.... our tryouts start nov. 17 but we have had open gym since school started and i dont know for sure when our first game is yet

yeah our school is just on a lucky run right now in the past the tallest kid on the varsity has been like 6' 1 or 6' 2. we also have a big freshman thats 6' 5" but hes un coordinated and soft.

anyways my frustration right now is undedicated players. when we dont have open gym i go out and run hills or just run straight sprints and jump rope and only one or two kids every join me. and some kids arent going to the open gyms just cuz they dont want to. its not like they have anywhere to go, they hang out around the school.

Lets GO PENS!

Practice starts on Monday. I'm a senior been starting varsity since 10th.... We don't really have tryouts. If you want to play you can play... We finally have a guy who can dunk so thats gonna be nice...

I play Sf... so I go inside/outside depending on the speed/size of the guy guarding me... I like it

yeah our school is just on a lucky run right now in the past the tallest kid on the varsity has been like 6' 1 or 6' 2. we also have a big freshman thats 6' 5" but hes un coordinated and soft.

anyways my frustration right now is undedicated players. when we dont have open gym i go out and run hills or just run straight sprints and jump rope and only one or two kids every join me. and some kids arent going to the open gyms just cuz they dont want to. its not like they have anywhere to go, they hang out around the school.
    yea having undedicated kids on your team is the worst... last year our team could have been very good but only me and our sf tried in practice and it still didnt make us much better because in drills nobody would try against us therefore our offense suffered... really is just aggravating seeing kids who play but dont care

Tryouts start Nov. 11 for us, but everybody already knows what team they are on. We're expected to win state (4a) and ranked somewhere in the top 5 overall in the state.

Its going to be kinda intresting this year because our coach is planning on going with a three man frontcourt instead of our traditional two because we have some size on our team (6'7" 240 center, 6'5" 190 forward, and 6'4" 225 small forward is me) and so most of our sets are going to have to change to accomidate that.

My problem is with the lower classman... when I played varsity last year I was just glad to be their at the beggining of the season, but I wanted to win and play hard to give my seniors a going away present (mission accomplished... district champs). I look at this years juniors and sophs and I dont see that same fire I had and that kinda scares me.
    Last edited by Fallguy20; 10-29-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Our try outs start in about 2 weeks.

This is my first year at this school and there the worst no dedication. SO i have to step up big i am not used to that but i will try to handle it i only averaged 18ppg last year. This is my last year so i'm just gonna go all out give it 100%.

5-time NBA All-Star

Guyz start running. NOW!

I have insane stamina, but my coach iz ridiculously demanding. Dude literally caused 3 or four of the guyz to vomit immediately. Putz on a pseudo-tough guy act that'z not even funny, nor badazz. Just annoying and itz detrimental cuz I seek inspiration from my leader and within.. like Sergeant Hartman from FMJ or Coach Carter or whatever.

I'm a Ckollege man now, so I'm not on a team but back in highschool we started off with ladderz and suicidez. Progressed to the "pistolz - 3 man zone defense" a couple of weavez and sh!t. Even az a star player you would AT THE VERY MOST get off ten shotz and handle the ball for about five secondz. And alas we had a losing record cuz no one could shoot worth a dam. For tryoutz he would spontaneously toss the ball to the floor, and we ran to get it, and whoever acquired the orange first would shoot freethrowz. We would have to run between 3 or 5 ladderz if they missed, and normally the jacked azz black dude would get it and CLANK! I'm like give J-Money the ball, he won't let you down.

Gawd thoze seezins where sh!tty but I remember my best timez being the halfcourt heavez at halftime . Man I waz way too unselfish tho, should've demanded the ball more, chucked up more shotz. Hoping to play intermural and maybe meet Nexus in real life.

bump.

anymore players out there? wheres v-unit?

Banned

what the hell? what if 20 people wanna play ?

Anyway , sign up is on election day and tryouts are following it. its my first year at the school so im kind of nervous, being a first year kid at a school as a junior wnating to play bball doesnt help my cause. hopefully things turn out well

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    Practice starts on Monday. I'm a senior been starting varsity since 10th.... We don't really have tryouts. If you want to play you can play... We finally have a guy who can dunk so thats gonna be nice...

I play Sf... so I go inside/outside depending on the speed/size of the guy guarding me... I like it

im 6ft4 pf. i play on a good team. we playin against benedictine this year,(they beat Oak Hill) and there is a player on my team, #4 for the 2011 recruiting class. we should be good though.

Banned

^^ what school?