Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #46
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Super Bowl XLIV Discussion: Saints vs. Colts, 2/7/10

Dwight hurting stinks. Wish he was fully healthy and ready to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I really hope a Saints defender puts a good hit on Peyton, then Peyton's teammates start a scuffle watching Peyton's back, then the next play, Peyton goes DEEP to Garcon. Saints are gonna shoot themselves in the foot if they blitz the way they say they're goin to b/c Peyton is the greatest QB ever at making adjustments.

Can this week hurry up please??????

If Saints change up thier defensive looks it'll be interesting. If they come with predictable, repeated packages Manning will eat that up in no time.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #47
beasly15
TEXANS

goddamn, manning is about to get paid.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #48
lovethisgame
Saw a basketball once

They had each participant perform four p90x workout (Legs & Back, Plyometrics, Cardio X, and Chest ... council's guidelines for a high-intensity workout. The team also found that each session burned between 441 calories to 699 calories
No baby shower invitation wording is complete without fun baby shower games! One of my favourite baby shower games is called, ‘BABY!’ Every guest is given a dummy on a ribbon to hang around their neck.

Last edited by lovethisgame : 10-15-2013 at 02:15 AM.
lovethisgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #49
OG LeeTSkeeT
Mr.Rager

the last two superbowls has been epic..lets hope this one will be two. i'm rooting for the colts but if saints win i wouldn't be that dissapointed
OG LeeTSkeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #50
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Dwight hurting stinks. Wish he was fully healthy and ready to go.

If Saints change up thier defensive looks it'll be interesting. If they come with predictable, repeated packages Manning will eat that up in no time.

Peyton picked apart the Jets' "confusing" defense. Everyone said the Jets would have a chance b/c they are so different and no one ever knows where the pressure is coming from.....except Peyton. I'm sure Peyton and the offense will get theirs, but it'll come down to the Colts' D to make a big play or two.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #51
souza
Saw a basketball once

The 7 Most Surprising Super Bowl MVPs of All-Time:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ps.html?cat=14
souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #52
Anton Chigurh
Banned

i honestly can't wait another second for this game
Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #53
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

The way the media is hyping this game for Peyton' legacy is really, really mind boggling. With a win he can go from where he is currently ranked (somewhere in the top seven all time) to arguably the greatest of all time.

What if he comes out and plays well and the other parts of the TEAM don't step up like they did all year and they end up losing?

What if Peyton plays ok... but his TEAM picks up the slack and they win the superbowl?

It's putting way, way to much into one game. Peyton' legacy should rise with a quality performance from himself, not if he wins or not.

If there was one thing I could change, it would be the perception that superbowls make or break you historically. I can tell you for certainty that this Colts team would not be 16-0 in games where we played to win had it not been for the TEAM effort. And if we win the superbowl, it will have been a team accomplishment, not Peytons accomplishment.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #54
KG215
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
The way the media is hyping this game for Peyton' legacy is really, really mind boggling. With a win he can go from where he is currently ranked (somewhere in the top seven all time) to arguably the greatest of all time.

What if he comes out and plays well and the other parts of the TEAM don't step up like they did all year and they end up losing?

What if Peyton plays ok... but his TEAM picks up the slack and they win the superbowl?

It's putting way, way to much into one game. Peyton' legacy should rise with a quality performance from himself, not if he wins or not.

If there was one thing I could change, it would be the perception that superbowls make or break you historically. I can tell you for certainty that this Colts team would not be 16-0 in games where we played to win had it not been for the TEAM effort. And if we win the superbowl, it will have been a team accomplishment, not Peytons accomplishment.

I agree with everything except the 16-0 part due to the team effort, to an extent. Obviously the entire team had to step it up in all 16 Indy wins this year and you can't give all of the credit to Manning. I'm a life long Colts fan (not a Manning fanboy) and can say with quite a bit of confidence that the Colts wouldn't have been anywhere close to a playoff team without Manning. You maybe could have replaced Manning with Brees or possibly Brady and got into the playoffs, but Manning had a HUGE hand in the 14-0 start and two playoff wins.

As for his all-time legacy, even with a win I can't comfortably say he's the best QB of all-time, but from what I've seen from him this year (regardless of winning the Super Bowl or now) I don't know if there are even 2 or 3 QB's in NFL history I would build a franchise around ahead of Peyton Manning. If he plays well Sunday, Indy wins, and he wins Super Bowl MVP, then I wouldn't have a problem saying he's the GOAT QB.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #55
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Im rooting for neither team but IMO the Colts will win it in a close one. Im just looking for a great game to end the NFL Season. I guess, im rooting for the team with the ball last then
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:29 AM   #56
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Saints 38
Colts 27

We're too good to be stopped, not even a Colts lovefest can slow us down, just like Favre-mania couldn't slow us. It's our time.

Geaux Saints
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:06 AM   #57
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Pretty sure Pistol Pete's the dickhead teacher who sent a kid home for wearing a Colts jersey
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #58
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

I want the Saints to win, but I wouldn't mind seeing Donald Brown get a ring either.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #59
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Saints 38
Colts 27

We're too good to be stopped, not even a Colts lovefest can slow us down, just like Favre-mania couldn't slow us. It's our time.

Geaux Saints

That's stupid. We haven't lost a game we were trying to win by more than one score in 26 games and counting. What makes the Saints SO good that they will be the first to do it? They aren't on some 2007 Patriots ****. Your team has holes that can and probably will be exploited.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #60
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Saints 38
Colts 27

Geaux Saints

Uhhh, dude. Did you even watch the NFCCG? The Vikings LOST the game on their own. They gift-wrapped the Saints' tickets to Miami. Minnesota was easily the better team, but they made way too many mistakes to beat even just an average team.

This game isn't even going to be close. For cryin out loud, my Bucs beat the Saints. And don't try that "the saints weren't playing their starters or playing to win" garbage. Tampa Bay beat the Saints straight up....a team with only 3 wins beat New Orleans. If the Aints win the SB, it'll be the first time a SB-winning team lost to a team who won 3 games.

Yeah, the Saints are a top team, but don't act like they're the BEST team in the NFL this year. They have an elite offense and an opportunistic defense.

I can guarantee you that Peyton Manning and his Colts won't turn the ball over 7 times like the Vikings did.

This is how the game's going to go: Saints jump out early, maybe get a pick or two on Peyton and probably get a double digit lead (like 14-3). But eventually Peyton starts reading the defense right and just shreds the Saints' defense up, especially in the 2nd half.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: