Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I just drove by a trailer park.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    while shlver is sorta off on a tangent, there is some validity to his point. I see people (mostly hispanics in my town) who use lonestar at the store (buying a shit ton of pop and other terrible food) and then get into a new pickup/suv well beyond my means. Clearly there is manipulation of the system (through kin group sharing, under the table employment, etc.). and clearly we have a system of consumption where even the poor feel they have a right to the same entertainment luxuries as the rest of us (cable, video systems, etc). I see it all the time, kids wearing air jordans, mom has a smart phone, and they receive TANF benefits for housing. Its bad priorities, bad financial management, and poor lifestyle expectations.

Now, this isnt just true for the poor, but for most classes of america, who live well beyond their means. but it stands out even more amongst the poorer segments of our society.

BTW nearly 50 million Americans receive SNAP (foodstamp) benefits. Thats nearly 20% of the population.
    Reading that make me sad.

Dunking on everybody in the park

while shlver is sorta off on a tangent, there is some validity to his point. I see people (mostly hispanics in my town) who use lonestar at the store (buying a shit ton of pop and other terrible food) and then get into a new pickup/suv well beyond my means. Clearly there is manipulation of the system (through kin group sharing, under the table employment, etc.). and clearly we have a system of consumption where even the poor feel they have a right to the same entertainment luxuries as the rest of us (cable, video systems, etc). I see it all the time, kids wearing air jordans, mom has a smart phone, and they receive TANF benefits for housing. Its bad priorities, bad financial management, and poor lifestyle expectations.

Now, this isnt just true for the poor, but for most classes of america, who live well beyond their means. but it stands out even more amongst the poorer segments of our society.

BTW nearly 50 million Americans receive SNAP (foodstamp) benefits. Thats nearly 20% of the population.
    I've done a little volunteer work at a soup kitchen and this is 100% true. At the beginning of the month, people never really go because they get their social security checks and whatever other payments they get from the gov. They take that money and go out to eat or eat well at home, but then they always end up back at the soup kitchen about halfway into the month. I don't mean to be over critical but if they would manage their money a little better, it could definitely go a long way. But I guess that could go for tons of people.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Me too,time to occupy the trailer parks!!!
    lol...All the rich people mobilize! This is unacceptable.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
    The cheapest dish package is actually quite cheap. Even with a cream of the crop job like a fryer at Arby's could provide the income to pay for that.
    YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT!?!?

On the main dish page it says plans start at 20 dollars a month.

You think that someone with a job could afford that!?!?!?

Only upper class can afford dish.

The fact that these parkies have this technology is unsettling.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    sure starface.... the poor are "too comfortable"

this country would be way better if the poor had to live in cardboard shanty towns like they do in India and Mexico... then those lazy poor people would be motivated to take those shit jobs that dont pay a livable wage.

NBA Legend

High School Varsity 6th Man The Real JW's Avatar

Wait, is shlver really starface? My mind is blown.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Real JW
    Wait, is shlver really starface? My mind is blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive
    I've done a little volunteer work at a soup kitchen and this is 100% true. At the beginning of the month, people never really go because they get their social security checks and whatever other payments they get from the gov. They take that money and go out to eat or eat well at home, but then they always end up back at the soup kitchen about halfway into the month. I don't mean to be over critical but if they would manage their money a little better, it could definitely go a long way. But I guess that could go for tons of people.
    There is a reason poor people are poor, and this is usually the reason: an inability to defer gratification and make long-term sensible decisions. These are mostly heritable characteristics, so poor people generally just create more poor people when they breed, which is why it's absurd to incentivise low class breeding like we do by idiotically subsidising single mothers who make terrible decisions, and are never forced to reckon with the consequences of those same terrible decisions.

It is through hardship that people learn and develop - why is that so hard for people to understand?

Also, lol @ how much hate op got for this topic - bunch of overly-emotional sissies on this site .

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    There is a reason poor people are poor, and this is usually the reason: an inability to defer gratification and make long-term sensible decisions. These are mostly heritable characteristics, so poor people generally just create more poor people when they breed, which is why it's absurd to incentivise low class breeding like we do by idiotically subsidising single mothers who make terrible decisions, and are never forced to reckon with the consequences of those same terrible decisions.

It is through hardship that people learn and develop - why is that so hard for people to understand?

Also, lol @ how much hate op got for this topic - bunch of overly-emotional sissies on this site .
    But just as much as those people would have consequences for their decisions, so would the government and society when there will be millions of people who go poor and turn to violence and crime as a means for survival. Providing welfare is pretty much common sense, not to those who like to indulge in over criticism and judgement though.

Banned

Shut the **** up Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Shut the **** up Nathan
    i will fucc your world up little nikka.

Banned

But that was when we were friends.