Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Default Re: Gone Girl / David Fincher

solid movie

Love Live Life

Movie felt like a comedy to me. Very overrated but it kept me watching. The chick was crazy and the dude even crazier for staying.

Very unrealistic movie when you actually think about it.

Banned

I literally just finished watching this with my girlfriend. Was highly over rated. The story was the most predictable we've seen in a long time and the ending was stupid and full of plot holes.

Thorpe, I remember you once said that the opening dialogue may have come across so poorly acting wise because it wasn't true/never happened, but actually the way they met was true, the first and only thing durring her narration/diary that was true...

I was confused at him pushing her from the stairs being untrue, btw.

Thorpe pls

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Are we sure that was true? I mean I'm sure the structure of it was true, where they met and when they met and stuff like that, but I don't think necessarily that we're not seeing the idealization of that scenario from her perspective at that point.

And even if that is what we're supposed to be seeing, I'm pretty sure it'd be based on content that describes that from the novel (which I didn't read), which I know is written first person from her perspective, as the chapters bounce back and fourth from character perspective iirc (based on what I was told by my mother who read it.)

BTW ... I hadn't been posting much because I was cooking a few months ago and cut the shit out of my hand. My pinky finger to be exact. Cut the tendon, nerve, artery, right down to the bone. I had surgery on it, and typing has been extremely difficult, but the brace I've been forced to wear came off full time last week, and I'm starting to get back into the groove of stuff. So I apologize for anything I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Are we sure that was true? I mean I'm sure the structure of it was true, where they met and when they met and stuff like that, but I don't think necessarily that we're not seeing the idealization of that scenario from her perspective at that point.

And even if that is what we're supposed to be seeing, I'm pretty sure it'd be based on content that describes that from the novel (which I didn't read), which I know is written first person from her perspective, as the chapters bounce back and fourth from character perspective iirc (based on what I was told by my mother who read it.)

BTW ... I hadn't been posting much because I was cooking a few months ago and cut the shit out of my hand. My pinky finger to be exact. Cut the tendon, nerve, artery, right down to the bone. I had surgery on it, and typing has been extremely difficult, but the brace I've been forced to wear came off full time last week, and I'm starting to get back into the groove of stuff. So I apologize for anything I missed.
    good point, that was basically her life with the books n all.. I remember the police asking Nick 3 things at the beginning, I think the way they met was one of them and he confirmed it? Regardless, I read that that scene was real couple of times elsewhere, but the idealization makes sense, too.

that sounds bad on the injury.. speedy full recovery

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Watched it for the first time last night. Great movie, but the ending was so..........abrupt. I was very excited for the final act (supposedly) then the credits started rolling.