Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bigger Disappointment: Jimmer Fredette or Adam Morrison

Not disappointed with Jimmer because I expected absolutely nothing from him.

Neither for me.

Morrison was a 60's-80's player playing the wrong decade.

Jimmer was never going to amount to much.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Jimmer is more disappointing. Morrison had athleticism issues, diabetes, and a major injury holding him back. What's Jimmers excuse? He was supposed to be this deadeye shooter who could hit from anywhere. What happened?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Jimmer is more disappointing. Morrison had athleticism issues, diabetes, and a major injury holding him back. What's Jimmers excuse? He was supposed to be this deadeye shooter who could hit from anywhere. What happened?
    I think Jimmer needs to be given Ben Gordon like freedom to score. However, he's often more used as a decoy or teams are trying to use him to spread the floor.

His game heavily relies on him having the ball in his hands and going one on one. He's not being given that opportunity in the NBA. I can see why, he's a 6'2" shooting guard who relies on his strength and crafty moves instead of speed and jumping ability.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I think Jimmer needs to be given Ben Gordon like freedom to score. However, he's often more used as a decoy or teams are trying to use him to spread the floor.

His game heavily relies on him having the ball in his hands and going one on one. He's not being given that opportunity in the NBA. I can see why, he's a 6'2" shooting guard who relies on his strength and crafty moves instead of speed and jumping ability.

Pretty much this.

I mean, you give Jimmer the green light and he can get you 18ppg, he's going to shoot 33% and let his man score 25 though.

He could plausibly fit as a poor man's JJ Reddick, problem is he's too small and slow to guard anybody so he really can't even fit that role. JJ has turned into a pretty solid defender and has alright size.