Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2k8 questions

Quote Originally Posted by King of the D
    (this mite b kinda stupid) but how do u alley-oop in the game?
    LT+A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicknote
    Did the commentary just go away and the players faces on substitutions disappear?

That **** happens like once or twice everytime I play and I get the disk unreadable error.
    That Sh!t just happened to me too

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    I heard there is a bug where in the 4th period a player off the inbounds will just jump up in the air and the game freezes. Have any of you guys ran into that problem?

It's still about 2 or 3 weeks before I get my system back for repairs. I can't decide if I want to get 2k8 or not. I want to play the dunk contest. I know 2k9 is about to come out, but I'm not going to pay full price for it and it might turn out to be worse than this one.
    first off this game is not bad, I very rarely have problems with it... If you arent going to wait for 2k9 than get this game It is very good and realistic, the dunk contest is really hard to get used to so good luck there

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

I have a question, why does the A.I change the lineups in season mode, even when you have customized them yourself and saved them also.

Before I start the season I load the custom rosters and start the season. The team I choose stays the same but the others won't.

Example: This is just one but the A.I customizes almoust every teams lineups. It won't sign free agent and will not do trades but the A.I changes the lineups. Just as an exaple, the Spurs. I put Finley in the starting sg but A.I puts Ginobili in the starting lineup. And the list goes on, like with denver. I put Carter as starting pg and in the season mode A.I has changed atkins to play as a starter.

The team I play with in the season mode stays the way I want to but the opposition teams lineups are messed up.

By the way this is my 300 post, hate to waste it to this one but didn't have an opinion / question about something else :)
    Last edited by Finn T-Mac; 06-11-2008 at 07:45 AM.

Saw a basketball once The_Truth_Hurts's Avatar

Default NBA 2K8 mixed with Real Audio

I know its been done before, but i decided to take a stab at it. Let me know what you guys think.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmoVF1HGXYQ

Better Quality
    http://blip.tv/file/952371

Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K8 mixed with Real Audio

Too bad there was no screen and no KG, else it would've been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
    I have a question, why does the A.I change the lineups in season mode, even when you have customized them yourself and saved them also.

Before I start the season I load the custom rosters and start the season. The team I choose stays the same but the others won't.

Example: This is just one but the A.I customizes almoust every teams lineups. It won't sign free agent and will not do trades but the A.I changes the lineups. Just as an exaple, the Spurs. I put Finley in the starting sg but A.I puts Ginobili in the starting lineup. And the list goes on, like with denver. I put Carter as starting pg and in the season mode A.I has changed atkins to play as a starter.

The team I play with in the season mode stays the way I want to but the opposition teams lineups are messed up.

By the way this is my 300 post, hate to waste it to this one but didn't have an opinion / question about something else :)
    I have tried every way to change that and I cant find it out, sorry bro, maybe when a player is injured you press rebuild rotations, and that's why??

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I have tried every way to change that and I cant find it out, sorry bro, maybe when a player is injured you press rebuild rotations, and that's why??
    Well, I don't know eather, even when injuries are off, it makes the same. just stange

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default NBA 2K8-The Association

Hey, I know we have like a bazillion threads on this game, so heres thread bazillion and one!

I'm going to be doing an Association with the Raptors....I was going to rebuild, what guys should i look to trade/get? ]

I guess this thread can be like the special Association thread for it....

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: NBA 2K8-The Association

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Hey, I know we have like a bazillion threads on this game, so heres thread bazillion and one!

I'm going to be doing an Association with the Raptors....I was going to rebuild, what guys should i look to trade/get? ]

I guess this thread can be like the special Association thread for it....
    Seriously, how is this any different than the thread we had two weeks ago asking what players are good to develop and what does it take to win?

It should be obvious by now. Keep anyone that's going to end up in the 90's, trade away most of your team to get expirers, and stockpile 1st round draft picks. Then fill in the blanks.

You might be better off waiting until year 2 to do that, since there are hardly ever any big name free agents in year 1, but then you run a bigger risk of getting fired if your team is $hitty in year 1 AND 2.

Mathius

I just did a Warriors franchise and I'm in my second year.I imported rosters from college 2k8 and i drafted Jerryd Bayless and Blake Griffin.So my future is gonna be good with developed players like:

Baron and Monta at point
    Bayless and Bellneli at the 2
    Pietrus and Azibuke at 3
    Brandon Wright and Griffin at 4
    Biedrins and O'bryant at the 5

or

B Diddy
    Monta
    Bayless(grew to be 6'6)
    Wright or Griffin
    Biedrins and O'bryant

Learning to shoot layups

trade out TJ Ford and Chris Bosh and try and get yourself a big name someone tall and strong like Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitski maybe try and bring in Rajon Rondo for PG you willl just have to try and train his shotting up though so maybe you get him in the 2nd season also get ureself some young highly potential bench players like Jared Dudley.... then wait for NBA 2k9 to come out and start it the nuggets and play ure team like this ]

PGj augustin
    SG:llen iverson
    SF:Carmelo anthony
    PF:Chris bosh
    C:Marcus Camby

On association I roll with the Pacers ()

Right now I have:

Tinsley
    Crawford
    Prince
    Harrington
    Wallets

I'm just messing around though.

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

Default drop your NBA 2K8 XBox Live gamertag here

everyone just drop your gamertag here .. mine is emsteezforreal7
    Last edited by emsteez forreal; 06-21-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Lets GO PENS!

Default Re: Official ISH NBA 2K8 XBox 360 Tournament pt. 2

draft?

I usually hit open layups detroits finest's Avatar

frowardprism. i just got the game today so i suck but ill get the hang of it soon.

Retro Lux

Been wanting to join one.Lets Get It