Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Richard Sherman has SWAG

All I'm going to say is that there's 2 sides to a story.

Do y'all really think Crabtree wasn't talking shit back to him?

Dude was just fired up after a great win and play.

After watching that vid of him getting punched and then showing respect to RG3 just made me a fan of this guy.

You can tell he's a good dude that takes his job seriously.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Erin Andrews was scared as hell and about to yell for help

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Kaepernick should probably thank Sherman for taking the attention away from his awful choke job of a 4th Q

Kap had 3 turnovers in the 4th that the media isn't even talking about because they are so focused on Sherman's antics

Erin's face looked more like a trying-not-to-laugh face than a scared one.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I thought he just made himself an even bigger story going into super bowl week, thus making himself a much bigger personality and a ton of money in the long run.
    Well yea... That's what "rebels" do. Look at how much money Miley Cyrus is making off becoming exactly what our society doesn't want the young generation to be. Yes Sherman will get himself more money off this (not from football... he's a max dollar corner based on his play... but from other sources) and those who defend what he does calling it smart are being sucked into a selfish parallel that humans have been fighting forever. It's not about how much money you can make for yourself that should be the focus, it's about the impact you have here on Earth. Richard Sherman's actions will have a negative impact on young people's attitudes. The majority of his supporters are young people of course... They will give him a support system that so many young people fall into. Think about all the stupid shit you did when you were younger because other kids justified it.

Pete Carrol justifying that kind of behavior is the kind of coach he is... Bringing Will Ferrell to practice at USC and throwing a dummy of someone off the roof... He's a big kid that promotes childish behavior. He's great at establishing unity and I have to give him some props for making it work, but there is a bully mentality that rubs off that makes me cringe.

What Sherman does isn't smart, it's pathetic. I'm sure I could find some poor saps to piss off and make cry too by using their weakness against them, but that's the lowest and most insecure form of human behavior there is. A great conqueror will not anger his opponents to such a spiteful point because the enemy is sure to use all their energy against him... A great conqueror will simply subdue his opponent to the point where they no longer want to fight. It's more of a I'm not trying to beat you, you just can't beat me approach. At that point you are gracious to your enemy and he will be awed by your power and grace. Sherman is just setting himself and the Seahawks up for failure. I know I am taking it really deep, but that's where the roots are.
    Last edited by Swaggin916; 01-20-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Well yea... That's what "rebels" do. Look at how much money Miley Cyrus is making off becoming exactly what our society doesn't want the young generation to be. Yes Sherman will get himself more money off this (not from football... he's a max dollar corner based on his play... but from other sources) and those who defend what he does calling it smart are being sucked into a selfish parallel that humans have been fighting forever. It's not about how much money you can make for yourself that should be the focus, it's about the impact you have here on Earth. Richard Sherman's actions will have a negative impact on young people's attitudes. The majority of his supporters are young people of course... They will give him a support system that so many young people fall into. Think about all the stupid shit you did when you were younger because other kids justified it.

Pete Carrol justifying that kind of behavior is the kind of coach he is... Bringing Will Ferrell to practice at USC and throwing a dummy of someone off the roof... He's a big kid that promotes childish behavior. He's great at establishing unity and I have to give him some props for making it work, but there is a bully mentality that rubs off that makes me cringe.

What Sherman does isn't smart, it's pathetic. I'm sure I could find some poor saps to piss off and make cry too by using their weakness against them, but that's the lowest and most insecure form of human behavior there is. A great conqueror will not anger his opponents to such a spiteful point because the enemy is sure to use all their energy against him... A great conqueror will simply subdue his opponent to the point where they no longer want to fight. It's more of a I'm not trying to beat you, you just can't beat me approach. At that point you are gracious to your enemy and he will be awed by your power and grace. Sherman is just setting himself and the Seahawks up for failure. I know I am taking it really deep, but that's where the roots are.

It's not hardly that deep bruh..

the guy wears his emotions on his sleeve and he just beat a rival after some serious trash talking and a history of dislike between him and the player he faced..

It won't negatively impact society .. It was a football game..

And football in this country is huge and kids are easily influenced. It's going to make an impact. Dre is already capitalizing on it there is a Richard Sherman commercial now for Dre Beats. Of course Sherman is from Dre's hometown so there is something to be said there, but it more or less makes it the perfect storm. The commercial tries to make him something of a victim of the media too which is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by iTare

Earned not given

So much analysis for a 30 second emotional outburst. Richard did not react the way he did because of just this game. There is noted history between Crabtree and Sherman.

And your point about the children being affected is a moot one, as most casual fans do not know who Sherman is. They just see him as some angry black man and nothing else.

This type of trash talk happens in every sport, you just never hear about it unless it gets caught on the mic. Those of us that have actually played know what it's like. Those that haven't are appalled and act like this is something new.
    Last edited by chosen_one6; 01-20-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    So much analysis for a 30 second emotional outburst. Richard did not react the way he did because of just this game. There is noted history between Crabtree and Sherman.

And your point about the children being affected is a moot one, as most casual fans do not know who Sherman is. They just see him as some angry black man and nothing else.

This type of trash talk happens in every sport, you just never heard about it unless it gets caught on the mic. Those of us that have actually played know what it's like. Those that haven't are appalled and act like this is something new.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    How did any of what I say make it seem like I tried to portray myself as a bad ass? It's a true statement. There are some things in life people just cannot understand because they've never experienced it.

^^^

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6

This type of trash talk happens in every sport, you just never hear about it unless it gets caught on the mic. Those of us that have actually played know what it's like. Those that haven't are appalled and act like this is something new.
    That's fine if you feel that way but I feel it needed the analysis. It's all over the media and it was all over my Facebook last night... people are definitely talking about it. I know kids at school are talking about it today. I heard kids talking about it at McDonalds last night.

Earned not given

^^^

That's fine if you feel that way but I feel it needed the analysis. It's all over the media and it was all over my Facebook last night... people are definitely talking about it. I know kids at school are talking about it today. I heard kids talking about it at McDonalds last night.
    Who has class on MLK day?