Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #76
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: First potentially habitable planet found outside our solar system

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
Guys, there is no faster than light travel, light speed is the fastest anything can go, and we will never be able to go light speed because the faster you go the more your mass increases, at lights speed it would be impossible to bring you to a stop without a huge amount of energy or a deadly crash.
Fallacious logic.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #77
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Back to the oP, this liquid water stuff, sounds interesting. I'd like to hear more.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #78
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
traveling at the speed of light you would in fact become light, right?

5th dimension (that was a pretty good group)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegRh8Z4H-o

=================
About a year ago watched a PBS show about space "dark matter" and expansion of space ... the thought process is that eventually it will decelerate.
However during the expansion more dark holes will occur as well as others collide and get absorbed(spl.).

With my novice knowledge of space / I would not like to travel using a worm hole.

Last edited by Jasper : 10-01-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #79
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

For you physics guys (I've studied a little before myself), I accept the fact that traveling faster than light is not possible. However, isn't it true that charged particles, depending on what medium/field/(something along those lines) it is put in, CAN reach speeds faster than the speed of light? I might not be accurate with this, the last time I even touched a physics book was years ago. Anybody care to explain this? Or have I just heard wrong?
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: