Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #76
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Default Re: Steve Francis to decide soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. We all know the Knicks are , but this is about Stevie Franchise, not the Knicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
Oh, most definitely. Two big men in the middle that play weak interior defense. No point guards that prefer to pass. Jared Jeffries, Jerome James. I have a ton of worries. But there's no need for you to hate on the Knicks just b/c your man Francis is garbage.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #77
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Nooo they don't they have Randolph now. Trouble in NY is a thing of the past

I guess I should of specified their donuts shops have a problem. :)
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #78
ElPigto
*****istrator

Quote:
Oh, most definitely. Two big men in the middle that play weak interior defense. No point guards that prefer to pass. Jared Jeffries, Jerome James. I have a ton of worries. But there's no need for you to hate on the Knicks just b/c your man Francis is garbage.

Saying what I said is not hating, let me demonstrate what is hating for you:

The knicks suck, their management is incompetent and all these falls hopes Knicks fan have about making the playoffs should be laid to rest soon. They have two black holes in the post who suck at passing out of double teams. They still have bad contracts. The Knicks have no hope of ever being under the cap for a very long time. Even RJ Buford could not save this mess.

KNICKS SUCK!!!!

That's hating, I was just pointing out to you that as a Knicks fan you have much bigger worries than Steve Francis being let go.

Anyways, I'll take my "trash" with pride and I'll be happy to know that I was not paying as much as the Knicks were paying the past two years for him. He will at least be tradeable, unlike with NY who just got lucky that the Blazers wanted no more of Zach Randolph otherwise you would still be stuck with this "trash".
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #79
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
I agree. We all know the Knicks are , but this is about Stevie Franchise, not the Knicks.

No but the thing that pisses me off is when Knicks fans try to act like Francis was the cause of any problems there. The Knicks were a piece of $hit franchise when he got there, they were a piece of $hit franchise while he played there, and guess what? Now that he's gone they're still a piece of $hit franchise. Don't try to bash Francis and say "oh I'm so glad we got rid of him" because I'm sure he's 1,000 times happier than you are that the Knicks traded him. At least now HE can be done with that crappy team. But as Knicks fans you guys are still stuck cheering for $hit now and forever. So when it comes down to it Francis wins, Knicks fans lose (but you guys should be used to that by now)
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:41 PM   #80
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

???

I'm not a Knicks fan. I didn't even say Franchise made the Knicks bad. I was just agreeing with that dude who was saying this thread is about Steve Francis, and not flaming the Knicks...

All I've seen is people saying Stevie Franchise was on the Knicks. I haven't seen anyone say he was the reason the Knicks sucked. He was just one piece of suck in a large collection of suck.

Quote:
No but the thing that pisses me off is when Knicks fans try to act like Francis was the cause of any problems there. The Knicks were a piece of $hit franchise when he got there, they were a piece of $hit franchise while he played there, and guess what? Now that he's gone they're still a piece of $hit franchise. Don't try to bash Francis and say "oh I'm so glad we got rid of him" because I'm sure he's 1,000 times happier than you are that the Knicks traded him. At least now HE can be done with that crappy team. But as Knicks fans you guys are still stuck cheering for $hit now and forever. So when it comes down to it Francis wins, Knicks fans lose (but you guys should be used to that by now)
Old 07-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #81
A-MATT
Banned

I would love for him to sign with us. You can never have too much shooting as he lead the Knicks in 3 point shooting.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #82
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

Quote:

I apologize that your reading interpretation skills are weak. No one has said that the Knicks were bad b/c of Francis. Earlier I was bashing Francis and saying "oh I'm so glad we got rid of him" so I assume you were talking about me. He sucks. And I'm glad we got rid of him. I agree the Knicks were garbage before him and are still garbage. But when you get rid of players that suck, it's usually a good thing. He probably is 1000 times happier than I am to be traded (especially after he got bought out, free money). But that doesn't mean he didn't suck in NY. It's clear you hate the Knicks. I hate people that like to argue points that no one else is arguing. Take out your anger on someone who actually thinks Francis made the Knicks as bad as they are (although I guarantee you that person doesn't exist).

This thread was basically people chatting excitedly about where Francis would end up, and I was arguing that they shouldn't be excited.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #83
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

i do agree optimus i watched francis play when he was in magic uniform he takes alot of bad shots but...... the problem there is that he was the center of the team. I do not think francis's role should be star of the team i think that he should fill a void on a good team and be a medium player not the focus of the team. With the heat he always has the wade / shaq option if he is being forced into a bad shot that would help him 10 fold. he can play to his strengths and not try to be the focus.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #84
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
i do agree optimus i watched francis play when he was in magic uniform he takes alot of bad shots but...... the problem there is that he was the center of the team. I do not think francis's role should be star of the team i think that he should fill a void on a good team and be a medium player not the focus of the team. With the heat he always has the wade / shaq option if he is being forced into a bad shot that would help him 10 fold. he can play to his strengths and not try to be the focus.

See I don't agree with that. Francis did just fine as the leader of the Rockets, and his first year on the Magic he did too. It was just injuries the past year and a half that kept him from being a good leader.

When Francis was at 100% and leading teams he did just as good as your Ray Allens with the Sonics and your Paul Pierces with the Celtics. Just like those two he always JUST missed the playoffs, but when dealing with them people give Pierce/Allen credit still and bash Francis

Maybe Francis can't be the LONE leader of a team like he could in Houston anymore because of age, but he can still be part of a 1-2 punch and be effective.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:14 PM   #85
B-Real
I airball my layups

i guess there are enough shots for stevie even behind the yao-mac in a rick adelman coached team
B-Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #86
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Better watch out now...people around these parts are serious about their love of Stevie Franchise...

Quote:
I apologize that your reading interpretation skills are weak. No one has said that the Knicks were bad b/c of Francis. Earlier I was bashing Francis and saying "oh I'm so glad we got rid of him" so I assume you were talking about me. He sucks. And I'm glad we got rid of him. I agree the Knicks were garbage before him and are still garbage. But when you get rid of players that suck, it's usually a good thing. He probably is 1000 times happier than I am to be traded (especially after he got bought out, free money). But that doesn't mean he didn't suck in NY. It's clear you hate the Knicks. I hate people that like to argue points that no one else is arguing. Take out your anger on someone who actually thinks Francis made the Knicks as bad as they are (although I guarantee you that person doesn't exist).

This thread was basically people chatting excitedly about where Francis would end up, and I was arguing that they shouldn't be excited.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:34 PM   #87
A-MATT
Banned

Espn 790 Said We Signed Him.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:36 PM   #88
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
Espn 790 Said We Signed Him.

Yup, now i can rock my Francis Rockets jersey again
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: