Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 08-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
jaypete3413
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default The Best Thing For Our Young Guys

Since We Are Not Gonna Have A Good Season We Should Free Up Th E 2 Spot......package Wally Put Pierce At The 3 And Let Gerald Green Start......and Give Him Expierence So He Can Get Use To The Flow....because I Am Sick Of Getting These Young Players And Not Using Them......gg Can Be Better Then Joe Johnson And Gomes Can Ne Better Then Walker......o Yeah I Really Dont Like Perkins And Jefferson So

Trade Wally,jefferson,ratliff,ta, For A Lagit Big Man
jaypete3413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good

^ I was in agreement until the part about not liking Perk and Al. Gomes being better than Walker is a bit shaky too.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

I just want to know what a "Lagit" Big Man is.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
boceltballa
I hit open layups

"Lagit" big man aka Jermaine O'Neal???

You have to be patient with Perk and Al. I think we'll see some positive signs this season from both of them. I just hope Big Al can stay healthy.
boceltballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #5
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
marny_navis
Banned

If you trade Paul Pierce, which you better not do, then trade him to Indiana for Jermaine O'Neal. I'm sure those guys would do it. Otherwise hold onto him. You guys aren't going to have a bad season either. Any team with Bassy, Paul Pierce, Wally Szczerbiak, and Al Jefferson is worthy of at least 8th place in the lottery. And the fact that you're in the same division as the Knicks makes it a whole lot easier to win.

Old 08-06-2006, 03:47 AM   #7
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Any team with Bassy, Paul Pierce, Wally Szczerbiak, and Al Jefferson is worthy of at least 8th place in the lottery. And the fact that you're in the same division as the Knicks makes it a whole lot easier to win.

co-signed!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #8
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Quote:
And Gomes Can Ne Better Then Walker

How about......no. I love Ryan. If Ryan can be even 70% of what Toine was at his prime, I'd take it and run. Your talking about a guy, in Toine, who averaged 20/10/5 and was an AS player. If Ryan can get 12/9, I'd be ecstatic.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:06 AM   #9
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

I agree with the fact that celtics has good young talent on the team and i like the way this team is building up to the future, but they should try to trade wally. I some how liked ricky and didn't like the trade, but what is done is done. Gerald Green should become a good starter some day, if he gets any playing, experience, time this upcoming season. He has been quite good in the summer leagues. Jefferson has also good potential and hopefully bassy's potential is unlimited. And what comes to trading Pierce for Jermaine..that's just...you know. Pierce is one of the leagues underrated players, just look at his statsheet for last season, good thing they signed him. On my opinion Gomes will not be the player that walker was and inmy mind he could be a question mark.. There was lot of talk about celtics getting Iverson, that would have been nice to see.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #10
jaypete3413
Can barely lace up my sneakers

u guys are sleeping on gomes.......watch him bloom.....walker did average 20/10/5 but also took horrible shots at crucial times in games and also folded in the playoffs and was shut down when someone like keyon martin played aggressive on him......but the big al guy is suspect due to his injurys
jaypete3413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 02:39 AM   #11
Celts34
Kiss my converse!!!

Quote:
walker did average 20/10/5 but also took horrible shots at crucial times in games and also folded in the playoffs and was shut down when someone like keyon martin played aggressive on him......but the big al guy is suspect due to his injurys

I love your enthusiasim but your overrating Gomes. And severely disrespecting Toine. Kenyon Martin abused Antoine in the 03-04 semis. But the year before that in the Conference Finals, Antoine did whatever he wanted to him. You can try to put it any way you want it, but Gomes will never be better then Antoine. I feel very confident in saying that. There' a reason Gomes almost went undrafted(He' was a 6-7 PF, with weak handle, and average athelticism.) and Antoine was a lotto pick(He's a 6-9 big guy, who can handle the ball like a guard and play 4 different positions.) As eager as you are to trade Big Al, I have a feeling that if he blew up somewhere else, you'd be the ;ast person to say you were wrong.
Celts34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: