Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #16
5 Star
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Derrick Favors and Damion Jones?

I liked both picks to be honest. With all the hype surrounding the Kentucky 5 gave other teams a chance to grab players(like Favors) that will perform at high level every night. I know what Derrick Favors is going to bring to the floor night in and night out. If it were him or Evan Turner I would have been happy. Love the pick.

Additionally, the Damion James pick I never saw coming. I live in Big 12 country, so I have seen a lot of UT basketball. The Nets have a gem in this dude I am not going to lie. His game is not all that flashy, but it is effective. He is very patient on offense and always looking to score and finds ways to get to the FT line often. He can post up and pound inside a little if he wants too. Defensively, he will be up in your face, he is solid, could use some work, but will punish most opponents he is guarding and will make them earn every basket. He can also rebound his tail off. I love his work ethic and drive for the game. To be honest, I bet Avery had his hand in on the James selection.

Side note: How did Scottie Reynolds go undrafted?

Last edited by 5 Star : 06-27-2010 at 11:14 AM.
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: