Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #16
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,773
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I know quite a bit about Jimmy, have known about him for a very long time and I warned everyone that he is a complete moron. Jeanie was the only one capable of effectively running the team......but no, we got stuck with silver spoon, daddy's money spoiled brat.

I'm quite certain that Rob (Kobe's agent) pushed to get this deal done right now......WHY you may ask? Because if Kobe were to re-injure himself or have a career ending injury he may never see another dime. It was brilliant work by a crafty agent.......easy pickings considering Buss has the IQ of a flea.
Rob probably told Jimmy if the deal wasn't done now that Kobe would insist on the full amount. Now Jimmy thinks he's a genius for negotiating a pay cut

No way a responsible owner does this deal before seeing him play AT LEAST half the season.......no way!

Lol there goes dk with age old tune...jimmy blah blah...jeanie blah blah

Which were the 2 max players the lakers were going to get in FA? U thought lebron was coming and bringing along his band with him?

Last yr proves that even with 4 hof its not guranteed to win in the nba... Take health & luck..: remember pathetic ray allens travelling 3 last yr?
Other then Lebron Which player in the league sells tickets and is prime ticket?

The guy gts wrote it write...if they dont get lebron and melo...in the same time burn bridges with kobe, who the fcuk is going to pay $5000 for their seats?

They just had 1st non sellout game... Go figure
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:19 AM   #17
Lakers91
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Lakers91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 289
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Great response!!!!!

all in good fun, just kind of had the urge to do a smart a** reply but I respect his opinion I don't have to agree with it which in my other reply I don't but "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." haha, I stand by what I said I don't expect everyone to agree with it (to be honest I'm more surprised that so far most posters have so far which is annoying I prefer to go against the social norm )
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #18
Lakers91
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Lakers91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 289
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I know quite a bit about Jimmy, have known about him for a very long time and I warned everyone that he is a complete moron. Jeanie was the only one capable of effectively running the team......but no, we got stuck with silver spoon, daddy's money spoiled brat.

I'm quite certain that Rob (Kobe's agent) pushed to get this deal done right now......WHY you may ask? Because if Kobe were to re-injure himself or have a career ending injury he may never see another dime. It was brilliant work by a crafty agent.......easy pickings considering Buss has the IQ of a flea.
Rob probably told Jimmy if the deal wasn't done now that Kobe would insist on the full amount. Now Jimmy thinks he's a genius for negotiating a pay cut

No way a responsible owner does this deal before seeing him play AT LEAST half the season.......no way!

I truly hope that even the most narcissistic of people wouldn't consider themself a genius for something like this although I suppose if you look at it from a business only perspective maybe it's a minor victory but really the best thing for a basketball brand is championships and with this deal the hopes of them are less in my opinion, Surely he wouldn't think that haha? The above would make sense from Kobe and his manager's perspective not that Kobe really needs it but the more money Kobe loses the more his manager loses especially obviously player agent fees (some of the manager fees for transfers in the EPL or "soccer" are at times in the millions for managers to allow their players to sign off on them massive money with big stars agents). If so the next "win" for the franchise will be getting D'Antoni to take a pay cut from 4 million a year to a million a year over 4 years, that will be such a win...

I wouldn't like to see Kobe leave but I also don't like to see so much money go to one person, granted he deserves money for what he brings in marketing and also he deserves a lot for people coming to watch the Lakers and a lot watching him but it's more that he doesn't really even need it, now granted if I was an employee and my employee said I'm making x hundred million off you in revenue but I only want to offer you this amount in payment for it I wouldn't be that happy but I mean surely it's not that hard to cut more off than that it's barely 7 million less off a pay cut in comparison now far older than when he signed it and after a significant injury, not that I hate Kobe or want him to it's just I think no matter who you are it's too much for one player, or maybe they are just going to let him expire 2 years from now when Durant comes onto the market (I can dream ). It was a risk because if Kobe had left then Lakers are without a star, but that wouldn't have been the end where would he have gone to after saying he's a Laker for life for one but more so it's the opportunity to start a team from scratch with an entire cap space to work with had they played hard ball and he left or retired anyway, I just think they shouldn't have been so eager before he has played and chalked it all up to because it's Kobe Bryant, they didn't treat past players like it as soon as their value was looking shaky or like they might not be as good as they were, they went yet for some reason management has found some sentiment and loyalty to a player (marketing and revenue :P)

Last edited by Lakers91 : 11-26-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #19
Frank Foley
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Frank Foley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 723
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers91
I stand by what I said I don't expect everyone to agree with it (to be honest I'm more surprised that so far most posters have so far which is annoying I prefer to go against the social norm )

Trust me, you're not the only one to feel this way. I personally agree with you--I'm just too depressed to really write much about it. I know it's a polarizing issue, that I might be asked to defend my position, and really delving into the whys and whats is pretty much the last thing I wanna do right now. Luckily, writers like Zach Lowe have already verbalized what I'm feeling, minus the whining and the swearing.

Lots of swearing.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #20
Lakers91
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Lakers91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 289
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
Trust me, you're not the only one to feel this way. I personally agree with you--I'm just too depressed to really write much about it. I know it's a polarizing issue, that I might be asked to defend my position, and really delving into the whys and whats is pretty much the last thing I wanna do right now. Luckily, writers like Zach Lowe have already verbalized what I'm feeling, minus the whining and the swearing.

Lots of swearing.

Thanks for the reply, when I woke up this morning (live in Melbourne) got the update Lakers sign Kobe to extension, I was kind of surprised with mixed feelings I thought maybe it's good or bad who knows how he will come back from injury, then didn't even think about the price because it was just extension and I didn't have time to look so I just assumed ideally 10-15 million and in an even more ideal world where cap space was preserved to form a potentially star studded team (although last year it didn't work primarily due to the older team similar to the nets this year), it said paycut on my notification so I smiled then a few hours later finally looked and saw the amount and I just thought even if it is Kobe I still couldn't help but just think why, I get the loyalty what he means to the franchise, the revenue he brings and everything but as a fan you care about championships and in my opinion you should the franchise before any player if you are a fan of a team and not a player and I just didn't think for on court purposes it was or is a good deal in the long run or salary cap wise for two years, even if Kobe comes back fine he will still be getting paid 25 million dollars at 38 years of age, it's mind boggling but I suppose it is "Hollywood" or Los Angeles afterall, where the freaking beyond belief happens. For me in terms of a future team it was basically once Pau and Kobe expire and ideally re-sign for less can actually build a team that can contend not just older pieces like last time, now might have to do a similar thing, Kobe + a younger player say it's Melo, Kobe + Melo and? Whatever else then your pretty much either basically trading for other pieces with what? Or you are signing veterans to the minimum instead of having ideally two or three good players (which could have been + Kobe) it's Kobe + maybe not even Melo and who knows what else.

Last edited by Lakers91 : 11-26-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #21
DKLaker
NBA rookie of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,754
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Lol there goes dk with age old tune...jimmy blah blah...jeanie blah blah

Which were the 2 max players the lakers were going to get in FA? U thought lebron was coming and bringing along his band with him?

Last yr proves that even with 4 hof its not guranteed to win in the nba... Take health & luck..: remember pathetic ray allens travelling 3 last yr?
Other then Lebron Which player in the league sells tickets and is prime ticket?

The guy gts wrote it write...if they dont get lebron and melo...in the same time burn bridges with kobe, who the fcuk is going to pay $5000 for their seats?

They just had 1st non sellout game... Go figure

Age old tune is called THE TRUTH Sorry if you don't like it.

2 Max players? That is a narrow perspective you have, how about 1 max and 2 extra 2nd tier players for the extra money Kobe took.
We could've gotten 2 solid 2nd tier FAs for the extra money....get it?

It's not about only stars or only scrubs.

I wish there were no salary cap at all, then I'd be saying give Kobe $30 million....lol.

I'll tell you this right now, the worst thing that could happen to this franchise this year is to make the playoffs......we absolutely have to get a shot at a franchise saving top draft pick.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,773
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Age old tune is called THE TRUTH Sorry if you don't like it.

2 Max players? That is a narrow perspective you have, how about 1 max and 2 extra 2nd tier players for the extra money Kobe took.
We could've gotten 2 solid 2nd tier FAs for the extra money....get it?

It's not about only stars or only scrubs.

I wish there were no salary cap at all, then I'd be saying give Kobe $30 million....lol.

I'll tell you this right now, the worst thing that could happen to this franchise this year is to make the playoffs......we absolutely have to get a shot at a franchise saving top draft pick.

So much for ur broken record of jeanie over jim

Read this:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...right-thing-do

In LA stars shine bright and sell tickets... Not avg scrubs...

U wanted kobe to return at vet min? Looks like it..
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,773
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Age old tune is called THE TRUTH Sorry if you don't like it.

2 Max players? That is a narrow perspective you have, how about 1 max and 2 extra 2nd tier players for the extra money Kobe took.
We could've gotten 2 solid 2nd tier FAs for the extra money....get it?

It's not about only stars or only scrubs.

I wish there were no salary cap at all, then I'd be saying give Kobe $30 million....lol.

I'll tell you this right now, the worst thing that could happen to this franchise this year is to make the playoffs......we absolutely have to get a shot at a franchise saving top draft pick.

So much for ur broken record of jeanie over jim

Read this:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...right-thing-do

In LA stars shine bright and sell tickets... Not avg scrubs...

U wanted kobe to return at vet min? Looks like it..

There is lot more to this extension then bb:

Loyalty
1 billion dollar franchise going down drain
Tv deal
5000 a pop courtside seats

lakers main business is their team... They cant make money fielding a lottery team or avg player team..
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
DKLaker
NBA rookie of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,754
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
So much for ur broken record of jeanie over jim

Read this:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...right-thing-do

In LA stars shine bright and sell tickets... Not avg scrubs...

U wanted kobe to return at vet min? Looks like it..

There is lot more to this extension then bb:

Loyalty
1 billion dollar franchise going down drain
Tv deal
5000 a pop courtside seats

lakers main business is their team... They cant make money fielding a lottery team or avg player team..


I'm sorry but I don't understand your point here? All I have heard from everyone today, on the phone, on the radio, on TV is how once again Jimmy has lost his grip on reality and screwed up. Loyalty????? LMFAO, remember how they fired everyone when the lockout hit? All those loyal employees combined wouldn't have made more than $200k during that time......yet oh....they paid Kobe double the going rate.......YES, DOUBLE according to all sources, there was not going to be a bidding war over an old Kobe, no more being offered than $10 million by any other team, so if w rode it out he wouldn't have refused $10-15m. Jimmy once again bid against himself, just as he did by signing Kaman for $3 million when he wouldn't have gotten more that $1 million. Don't trust a word out of Jimmy's mouth, he tried to blame not signing Phil on Jerry and then said Jeanie was ok with it....Jeanie said he was a liar and she was torn up by it......yet some folks had believed the moron Just like some thought No D Toni could actually coach

Kobe was going to be around next year no matter what so there was no need to worry about losing fans.....a Kobe at a cheaper price and top FA signing plus a top draft pick and then ring chasers could have = Championship, but it is looking dark now.....not dead tho.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #25
bladefd
The Renaissance man
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 8,649
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Kobe said Lakers were the ones to make the FIRST OFFER at $24mill a year ($48m over 2 years). Need I say another word??? Is there anyone on planet Earth that can force me to elaborate on this?

edit: I apologize to Kobe Bryant for even blaming him for a minute that he was a greedy diva scumbag for forcing this deal. My target has ENTIRELY SHIFTED 100% to the Lakers organization. Another major blunder. I hope the Lakers do not become the Rams of NBA - an organization thrown into worthlessness due to horrendous ownership making massive blunders after blunders. I know it won't ultimately matter much, but I'm not buying another Lakers merchandise as long as these idiotic blunders continue.

Last edited by bladefd : 11-26-2013 at 11:12 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #26
Lakers91
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Lakers91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 289
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Kobe said Lakers were the ones to make the FIRST OFFER at $24mill a year ($48m over 2 years). Need I say another word??? Is there anyone on planet Earth that can force me to elaborate on this?

edit: I apologize to Kobe Bryant for even blaming him for a minute that he was a greedy diva scumbag for forcing this deal. My target has ENTIRELY SHIFTED 100% to the Lakers organization. Another major blunder. I hope the Lakers do not become the Rams of NBA - an organization thrown into worthlessness due to horrendous ownership making massive blunders after blunders. I know it won't ultimately matter much, but I'm not buying another Lakers merchandise as long as these idiotic blunders continue.

Not the best start to the Jim Buss reign (personally I hope it doesn't last very long but I think it will ) but I don't think seeing as he's the owner he can be overthrown or is he the CEO which would require a board to overthrow, what exactly is the ownership structure or business structure of the Lakers/can he be removed with a majority I.E the other Buss relatives etc?
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #27
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,773
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'm sorry but I don't understand your point here? All I have heard from everyone today, on the phone, on the radio, on TV is how once again Jimmy has lost his grip on reality and screwed up. Loyalty????? LMFAO, remember how they fired everyone when the lockout hit? All those loyal employees combined wouldn't have made more than $200k during that time......yet oh....they paid Kobe double the going rate.......YES, DOUBLE according to all sources, there was not going to be a bidding war over an old Kobe, no more being offered than $10 million by any other team, so if w rode it out he wouldn't have refused $10-15m. Jimmy once again bid against himself, just as he did by signing Kaman for $3 million when he wouldn't have gotten more that $1 million. Don't trust a word out of Jimmy's mouth, he tried to blame not signing Phil on Jerry and then said Jeanie was ok with it....Jeanie said he was a liar and she was torn up by it......yet some folks had believed the moron Just like some thought No D Toni could actually coach

Kobe was going to be around next year no matter what so there was no need to worry about losing fans.....a Kobe at a cheaper price and top FA signing plus a top draft pick and then ring chasers could have = Championship, but it is looking dark now.....not dead tho.

how the F would you know? nobody knew....Kobe is as egoist as they get...so please keep that kobe would be around next year to yourself

I am a lakers fan 1st and then Kobe...I like this extension for both side...the same...it was business + basketball decision...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #28
DKLaker
NBA rookie of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,754
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
how the F would you know? nobody knew....Kobe is as egoist as they get...so please keep that kobe would be around next year to yourself

I am a lakers fan 1st and then Kobe...I like this extension for both side...the same...it was business + basketball decision...

Nobody was going to offer him anywhere near that type of money, this is no secret.....so YES, I know. Kobe was definitely going to be around, he wants to retire having only played for the Lakers. Even Jimmy said he paid double the going rate.....did you miss that? I suggest you listen to the Lakers station and hear what every expert is saying.....it's the same thing I am saying.
It was clearly a dumb decision for the franchise but I really don't blame Kobe, he knows 'Antoni will never win no matter who they get.

Last edited by $LakerGold : 12-20-2013 at 09:22 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #29
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA lottery pick
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,773
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Nobody was going to offer him anywhere near that type of money, this is no secret.....so YES, I know. Kobe was definitely going to be around, he wants to retire having only played for the Lakers. Even dumb Jimmy said he paid double the going rate.....did you miss that? I suggest you listen to the Lakers station and hear what every expert is saying.....it's the same thing I am saying.
It was clearly a dumb decision for the franchise but I really don't blame Kobe, he knows 'Antoni will never win no matter who they get.

fcuk it dude....no point in arguing with you as u keep freaking bringing the same points....

go crazy calling people names..

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 11-27-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #30
DKLaker
NBA rookie of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,754
Default Re: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
fcuk it dude....no point in arguing with you as u keep freaking bringing the same points....

go crazy calling people names..

I'm not calling you any names dude so unless Jimmy or 'Antoni are your daddy or something, there is no reason to get upset and take it personally. I happen to know quite a lot about the Buss family, I am qualified to speak on them.
I never met 'Antoni but it doesn't take a genius to know he can't coach, but it does take a moron to give him a 4 year contract
Lighten up bro, this is an open forum and we all are going to have different opinions....can't get mad, just have to respect everyone's right to say what they feel.....even kkinchen (Luv ya bro )
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube














Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy