Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Gimme Austin Rivers right now over 80% of the leagues point guards

Do you know how good 80% (actually, 100%) of NBA point guards would look against high schoolers right now?

Rivers is a good prospect but put the gun down, buddy

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Gimme Mark Price>>>>>>>>> 95% of today's pgs.
    thats actually conservative...Since Chris Paul's is now injured, prime Mark Price is prob better than every point guard in the league except maybe Deron Williams..

Mark price>>>99% of today's point guards.

Give me M. Price over Derrick Rose any day of the week

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    thats actually conservative...Since Chris Paul's is now injured, prime Mark Price is prob better than every point guard in the league except maybe Deron Williams..

Mark price>>>99% of today's point guards.

Give me M. Price over Derrick Rose any day of the week
    agreed

Local High School Star BrentISballin's Avatar

The kid is still in highschool. Do you realize that every single decent player could have a highlight real to make them look amazing, how about you watch some actual games before you go nuts talkin like this? I know Austin Rivers is a great player and he'll be special one day but really, if you put this kid in the nba now he would have a rough time. You need to calm down and lay off youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentISballin
    The kid is still in highschool. Do you realize that every single decent player could have a highlight real to make them look amazing, how about you watch some actual games before you go nuts talkin like this? I know Austin Rivers is a great player and he'll be special one day but really, if you put this kid in the nba now he would have a rough time. You need to calm down and lay off youtube.
    I don't think he is that special of a prospect...he is an undersieed 2 guard with a streaky jumpshot and decent athletism...I don't see the big deal tbh.

If Im gonna get excited about a prospect he better have some dominant potential like

Andre Drummond or Andrew Wiggins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyy59hEpKg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYlnK-kQuHA
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 03-08-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Some posters here don't follow high school basketball. Let me fill you in, Austin Rivers is one of the top offensive talents to come out within the last few years.

His offensive game is complete and borderline NBA level already.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I don't think he is that special of a prospect...he is an undersieed 2 guard with a streaky jumpshot and decent athletism...I don't see the big deal tbh.
    I'm no pro scout but there must be a reason why he's the number one prospect...

Hopefully he's a one and done at duke so we can see how he matches up to real competition

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Some posters here don't follow high school basketball. Let me fill you in, Austin Rivers is one of the top offensive talents to come out within the last few years.

His offensive game is complete and borderline NBA level already.
    wasnt the same said about OJ mayo

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    wasnt the same said about OJ mayo
    Wasn't even #1 in his class.

Besides Rivers has much ego as LeBron and as much confidence as Kobe. He is the son of Doc Rivers, so his head has to be screwed on right.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I don't follow HS basketball, at all. I'm guessing ton's of HS prospects flame out once they hit College tho. Little early for this type of thread.

Could this kid actually make the leap from HS to the NBA if there was no rule in place?

That's Turr'ble

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I don't follow HS basketball, at all. I'm guessing ton's of HS prospects flame out once they hit College tho. Little early for this type of thread.

Could this kid actually make the leap from HS to the NBA if there was no rule in place?
    ballislifedotcom has highlights of high school future NBA stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
    ballislifedotcom has highlights of high school future NBA stars.
    and hoopmixtape ( search on youtube)

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Wasn't even #1 in his class.

Besides Rivers has much ego as LeBron and as much confidence as Kobe. He is the son of Doc Rivers, so his head has to be screwed on right.
    He also isnt projected to go close to #1 in his draft class.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

Andre Drummond can start in the league right now, but since he isnt a guard no one mentions him.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 03-08-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Brandon Jennings was very good in high school, look how he is now.

BJ Mixtape

He's a good player, but don't get too hyped over a HS highlight video. I've seen quite a few HS highlight videos that made guys look like the next MJ.