Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Trade idea...what do you think?

So I came up with this trade and I think it works contractually but I think I broke ESPN Trade Machine because theres so many players it freezes whenever I submit it lol.It's based off of multiple rumbling that GS may trade Steph Curry (for whatever reason).Here it goes:

NY Knicks get
Carmelo Anthony-from Denver
Steph Curry-from GS
Dorrell Wright-from GS
Chris Anderson-from Denver
Charlie Bell-from GS
Sebastian Telfair-from Minn

Denver Nuggets get
Wilson Chandler-from NY
Michael Beasley-from Minn
Shawne Williams-from NY
Eddy Curry-from NY
Corey Brewer-from Minn
Luke Ridnour-from Minn

GS Warriors get
Raymond Felton
Danilo Gallinari
Toney Douglas
Martell Webster

Minn Timberwolves get
JR Smith
Chauncey Billups
Al Harrington
Anthony Randolph

Last edited by franchize : 01-28-2011 at 05:05 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Trade idea...what do you think?

I only see NY going for it.

Its too lopsided in our favor.

Fields is a Knick with all that movement? Sold!

This dont really benefit Minny or GS.

Denver might do it, since they get talent and cap space.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #3
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

The Warriors would laugh at the proposition. They won't even consider it. Wright = Gallinari
Curry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Felton
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

No thanks.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Steph Curry can ball. His D is worse than anyone currently on the Knicks though. Also, Sebastian Telfair is crap. Get past it.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sebastian is a backup pg.who really cares?How about YOU get over it.how does THAT get picked out from all the players in that deal.The only reason I didnt include Fields is because the last deal you guys were ripping me because "we gave up to many players" I'd personally give GS Fields also.GS was rumored to want Steph Curry gone.Apparently,despite him looking really good IMO,the coach isnt too pleased with him and he supposedly isnt fitting in with Monta Ellis.

N who cares if Steph Curry plays no D?That just means he'll fit in perfect here.

Allow me to revise the trade:

NY Knicks get
Carmelo Anthony-from Denver
Steph Curry-from GS
Dorrell Wright-from GS
Chris Anderson-from Denver
Charlie Bell-from GS
Sebastian Telfair-from Minn
Nikola Pekovic-from Minn

Denver Nuggets get
Wilson Chandler-from NY
Michael Beasley-from Minn
Shawne Williams-from NY
Eddy Curry-from NY
Corey Brewer-from Minn
Luke Ridnour-from Minn

GS Warriors get
Raymond Felton
Danilo Gallinari
Toney Douglas
Martell Webster
Landry Fields

Minn Timberwolves get
JR Smith
Chauncey Billups
Al Harrington
Anthony Randolph
Ronny Turiaf

Last edited by franchize : 01-29-2011 at 09:30 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This deal is fantastic for the Knicks, no doubt.

Stephen Curry / Sebastian Telfair
Landry Fields / Bill Walker / Charlie Bell
Carmelo Anthony / Dorrell Wright
Amar'e Stoudemire / Chris Andersen
Ronny Turiaf / Timofey Mozgov

Even though Steph Curry might be on his way out of Golden State, they won't trade him and Dorrell Wright for that group of guys. And Minnesota says f-ck no. It would make no sense for them to give away good role players and Michael Beasley for players who either won't want to stay there, are past their prime or are projects.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What do you think about this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=5rnfztr

Knicks lineup:

Felton
Mayo
Anthony
Stoudemire
M.Gasol
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
bigfrank34
I brick open layups

bigfrank34 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
What do you think about this trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=5rnfztr

Knicks lineup:

Felton
Mayo
Anthony
Stoudemire
M.Gasol

I like the lineup, but there would be zero bench depth. Not to say that our depth on the bench is stellar in the first place. That's why I prefer NY just wait for Melo to come to us. Truthfully, I believe the only reason why Denver is asking for Randolph is because they don't want NY to get a trade to bring in a first round draft pick, it only makes NY more viable to produce a better team...its a staul tactic to make a pitch to Melo.
bigfrank34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfrank34
I like the lineup, but there would be zero bench depth. Not to say that our depth on the bench is stellar in the first place. That's why I prefer NY just wait for Melo to come to us. Truthfully, I believe the only reason why Denver is asking for Randolph is because they don't want NY to get a trade to bring in a first round draft pick, it only makes NY more viable to produce a better team...its a staul tactic to make a pitch to Melo.

D'Antoni doesn't play bench a lot anyways.

But bench is our smallest problem,we could always sign some solid bench players.
I would risk to have a bad bench if I could bring Melo,Gasol and Mayo to Knicks.

We would have

Felton / Rautins
Mayo / Mason / Walker
Anthony / Williams / Azubuike
Stoudemire
Gasol / Turiaf

Not the best bench but we would have great starters and with such a strong team I think it wouldn't be a big problem to sign some solid bench players.
Maybe we could sign Jason Williams to fill our pg bench spot.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-29-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
JohnWall2
JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY

JohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnWall2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just wait 4 melo to sign via free agency
JohnWall2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: