Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2019, 02:52 AM   #31
Rooster
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,244
Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
So you are telling me we are beholden to protecting THEIR interests and holding up their d!cks because we desperately need that oil. Same country that had a part in screwing us over on 9/11.

LMAO. Are you insinuating that this is a one sided favor and Saudi benefits from all of this . Our national interest align with our foreign policy with Saudi . This is too complicated for you. You're like playing checkers in a game of chess.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:56 AM   #32
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,627
Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
So you are telling me we are beholden to protecting THEIR interests and holding up their d!cks because we desperately need that oil. Same country that had a part in screwing us over on 9/11.

Moreover, we are now far less beholden to the Saudis or any of the other OPEC nations given that the US is top 5 in oil production and petroleum exports and with our friends Canada and Mexico helping to support our markets. The new state of affairs is a stark reversal from what the Saudis have been used to and it terrifies them that the US is exceptionally energy independent. They can no longer court us with oil (in fact, they have been forced in the past to artificially lower production to keep prices up), so now it's Iran.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:59 AM   #33
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,627
Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
That's Trump being Trump, acting tough on Twitter. He did the same with North Korea. In reality he doesn't want a war with anyone, including Iran.

There must be a drinking game for when Trump is "acting tough on Twitter" or "threatening opponents on Twitter" or "being a dotard on Twitter."

It falls short as an excuse, though.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #34
Rooster
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,244
Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Moreover, we are now far less beholden to the Saudis or any of the other OPEC nations given that the US is top 5 in oil production and petroleum exports and with our friends Canada and Mexico helping to support our markets. The new state of affairs is a stark reversal from what the Saudis have been used to and it terrifies them that the US is exceptionally energy independent. They can no longer court us with oil (in fact, they have been forced in the past to artificially lower production to keep prices up), so now it's Iran.

Lol. We do have our own oil . We are just copying how the Dutch got rich without having actual natural resources . But hold on, the last time I look, since the Gulf war, our government have spent over 4.5 trillion dollars ( could’ve be over 5 trillion by now). So how can we profit from this? Hmmmm. Common folks would suggest weapon sales. We are netting less than 200 billion a year so do the math, are we profiting from it. Hell nah. So why our government with trillions of debt keep spending and why the heck this is very important to us. Hmmm. What’s the catch?

Economics 101, law of supply and demand.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #35
bladefd
The Renaissance man
 
bladefd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Posts: 8,508
Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
LMAO. Are you insinuating that this is a one sided favor and Saudi benefits from all of this . Our national interest align with our foreign policy with Saudi . This is too complicated for you. You're like playing checkers in a game of chess.

Saudi benefits if America forces Iran to leave the picture. Saudi Arabia and Iran hate each other because their interests collide.. Israel and Saudi were threatened by Iran and Iraq. We took out Iraq for them and now they want us to take care of Iran. It's very obvious what they want without having to play chess. I can play Go Fish and figure out what they want from us.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:14 PM   #36
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9,627
Default Re: "Locked and loaded"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Saudi benefits if America forces Iran to leave the picture. Saudi Arabia and Iran hate each other because their interests collide.. Israel and Saudi were threatened by Iran and Iraq. We took out Iraq for them and now they want us to take care of Iran. It's very obvious what they want without having to play chess. I can play Go Fish and figure out what they want from us.

Ding ding ding...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube










Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy