Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Aidz's Avatar

Default Why did Bobcats pick Zeller at #4

I know it's MJ but what were they thinking?
    Bennett is a bust but at least he's black/showed some flashes during college + summer camp.
    Zeller is a tall, stiff white dude that NEVER looked good, and so far he's lived up to his zero hype.
    Remember, Bobcats fans' reaction when they picked him?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sqoxXAr7Y

I know it was a weak draft but come on. Why not take a chance of Nerlens Noel or any other scrub?

Default Re: Why did Bobcats pick Zeller at #4

I remember somewhere in december of 2012, nbadraft.net had him going #1. His comparison was LaMarcus Aldridge (lmao)

They just saw something special in him, thats why they selected him. Bobcats are terrible drafters. Their best pick ever was easily Kemba Walker. MKG is a complete bust. Ugly jumper.

Why did Cavs select Bennett? Why tf did Wizards select Otto Porter? In my opinion those two are the biggest busts from the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    I remember somewhere in december of 2012, nbadraft.net had him going #1. His comparison was LaMarcus Aldridge (lmao)

They just saw something special in him, thats why they selected him. Bobcats are terrible drafters. Their best pick ever was easily Kemba Walker. MKG is a complete bust. Ugly jumper.

Why did Cavs select Bennett? Why tf did Wizards select Otto Porter? In my opinion those two are the biggest busts from the draft.
    Porter's not a bust yet he's playing behind Ariza, who's had a very good year

MKG is one of the top defenders in the nba and he is a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    MKG is one of the top defenders in the nba and he is a bust?
    Defense isn't everything. I mean it is important but MKG isn't a complete player. He has a terrible jumper and his free throws... good lord

MKG this year: 7 ppg/5 rpg

Defense isn't everything. I mean it is important but MKG isn't a complete player. He has a terrible jumper and his free throws... good lord
    An Offense can be learned. A combination of defense and athleticism not so much

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aidz
    I know it's MJ but what were they thinking?
    Bennett is a bust but at least he's black/showed some flashes during college + summer camp.
    Zeller is a tall, stiff white dude that NEVER looked good, and so far he's lived up to his zero hype.
    Remember, Bobcats fans' reaction when they picked him?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1sqoxXAr7Y

I know it was a weak draft but come on. Why not take a chance of Nerlens Noel or any other scrub?

What does being black have to do anything? There's plenty of black players who are useless m#therf*ckers.

An Offense can be learned. A combination of defense and athleticism not so much
    He's still got a chance to shed that bust label away. First, he needs to fix that ugly jumper. 2nd, he has to learn to make free throws. He's shooting 62% from the FT line this season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aidz
    but at least he's black

He's still got a chance to shed that bust label away.
    What bust label? He's a second year player who came in the league very raw.
    No one expect him to be the next Scottie Pippen by now

god reminds of how people were calling Davis a bust last year

I usually hit open layups Project018's Avatar

Yeah his comparison was LMA ... in NBA workouts before the draft he got hyped for having the ability of stepping out and hit mid range jumpers something he was not allowed to do/show at Indiana. Plus he is a good athlete. I still have a little faith he can become a productive player. He just played scared/tensed/no confidence at the beginning of the season.

What bust label? He's a second year player who came in the league very raw.
    No one expect him to be the next Scottie Pippen by now

god reminds of how people were calling Davis a bust last year
    He's shooting 62% from the FT line. His jumper is one of the worst i've seen. Currently... he definitely looks like a bust.

Don't get me wrong, his defense is great but if he wants to get rid of that bust label he's got to improve that jumper. 7 points and 5 rpg. Yeah totally worthy of a 2nd pick.

Take a look at this shot chart. When you get there click the "Shot Zones" section http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/pl.../2013-2014-REG

still better then bennett

Watch, he'll be a long term starter maybe all-star. Boy has hops and skills. He just needs to get use to the physicality and to stop being so timid.

He's shooting 62% from the FT line. His jumper is one of the worst i've seen. Currently... he definitely looks like a bust.

Don't get me wrong, his defense is great but if he wants to get rid of that bust label he's got to improve that jumper. 7 points and 5 rpg. Yeah totally worthy of a 2nd pick.

Take a look at this shot chart. When you get there click the "Shot Zones" section http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/pl.../2013-2014-REG
    Chauncey Billups
    Tracy Mcgrady
    No one was calling these guys bust back in the day, look how long it took for even billups to develop, shit look at Evan Turner, people were calling him bust in his rookie year and look how good he turned out to be

People nowadays throw the bust card all the time like it doesn't take time for a player to develop