Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Mitch Kuptchak made it a point to say that the mini midlevel will go untouched.

In the past when he said things like this, he was right.

Wow if Dwight comes, mitch will have brought dwight, nash, and antawn jamison in one off season. Amazing. That beats Danny Ainge getting KG and Ray Allen.
    IMO we are really going to need the Mini MLE to get another scorer for the bench.....we are 1 guy short right now with the addition of Jamison, it would be a damn shame to blow it just over that amount. Mitch hopes we can get "That Guy"without touching it but I do not believe it.

Hmm....Nate Robinson at vet minimum or S&T for Rush???

Mitch Kuptchak made it a point to say that the mini midlevel will go untouched.

In the past when he said things like this, he was right.

Wow if Dwight comes, mitch will have brought dwight, nash, and antawn jamison in one off season. Amazing. That beats Danny Ainge getting KG and Ray Allen.
    For Nash, maybe Jim Buss should get the partial credit for that over Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    IMO we are really going to need the Mini MLE to get another scorer for the bench.....we are 1 guy short right now with the addition of Jamison, it would be a damn shame to blow it just over that amount. Mitch hopes we can get "That Guy"without touching it but I do not believe it.

Hmm....Nate Robinson at vet minimum or S&T for Rush???
    perhaps trade some of that dead weight if we can. McRoberts. I completely forgot that guy was on the team. He isn't actually trash either. Who knows? Maybe we could get something for him.

perhaps trade some of that dead weight if we can. McRoberts. I completely forgot that guy was on the team. He isn't actually trash either. Who knows? Maybe we could get something for him.
    Remember the beginning of last season? McRoberts was playing beautiful basketball, I was amazed at how he and Kobe clicked on the court, Kobe really trusted him and he was finishing at the rim very well.
    Once he got hurt, Mike Brown refused to play him for most of the rest of the season....just one more thing that pissed me off about MB
    The guy can play if he's allowed to.

NBA lottery pick

I like McRoberts. I think he's a good guy to have coming off the bench. I've been thinking about the Mike Brown thing too.... here's one thing that's really going to annoy me. When the Lakers are better this season because they have a better team then people are going to think that Brown is somehow less of an idiot, when really it will be because the players are out there doing their own thing. People talked about how Brown was going to change up their offensive schemes, lol. No he's not. Steve Nash will orchestrate everything. It will be his offense to run.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I like McRoberts. I think he's a good guy to have coming off the bench. I've been thinking about the Mike Brown thing too.... here's one thing that's really going to annoy me. When the Lakers are better this season because they have a better team then people are going to think that Brown is somehow less of an idiot, when really it will be because the players are out there doing their own thing. People talked about how Brown was going to change up their offensive schemes, lol. No he's not. Steve Nash will orchestrate everything. It will be his offense to run.
    Yeah, all the guys who have no clue will be saying "SEE!!!!"

Oh well. bottom line is that as long as he lets Nash and Kobe run the show we have a great shot at the title.....despite the idiot coach.

It looks like Jordan Hill just took a paycut to re-sign with Lakers. Apparently, he wants to play with Steve Nash.. Man, it's great to have Steve Nash on the team.. one of the most respected players in the nba..

Hill will sign an two-year deal, worth "a little less" than $8 million, a league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Friday. Hill's decision came down to the Lakers and the Minnesota Timberwolves, with Hill accepting less money to stay in L.A., according to the source. The contract also includes incentives that can increase his overall compensation.

"Jordan is excited to play with Steve Nash and has the utmost respect for Kobe Bryant," Bradbury told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "With Mitch Kupchak and Mike Brown taking a chance on him last year at the trade deadline, he feels like he has some unfinished business with the Lakers and can't wait to compete for a championship."
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...angeles-lakers

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    It looks like Jordan Hill just took a paycut to re-sign with Lakers. Apparently, he wants to play with Steve Nash.. Man, it's great to have Steve Nash on the team.. one of the most respected players in the nba..

This is good to hear. It does feel like the Lakers have an unbalance of front court depth as compared to the guards now though.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd

Seems a little high.......even with the T-Wolves offering more, but I am happy to have him back

Now we just need to pick up a bench shooter.

Remember the beginning of last season? McRoberts was playing beautiful basketball, I was amazed at how he and Kobe clicked on the court, Kobe really trusted him and he was finishing at the rim very well.
    Once he got hurt, Mike Brown refused to play him for most of the rest of the season....just one more thing that pissed me off about MB
    The guy can play if he's allowed to.
    Yes, and at that time as well, our offense was suffering. McRoberts wasn't an offense guy. He did have a very high IQ. Unfortunately I felt he was too unselfish.

At that time, MB elected to use troy murphy. His defense was trash, but I remember him hitting so many open shots. He wasn't afraid to shoot the shot either. You and I am sure can agree that the offense was not up to par. So having Murphy hit those open shots was a bit more valuable at the time.

Afterwards, when we started using Jordan Hill, I had felt he was a better option to use than McRoberts. What do you think about that?

Seems a little high.......even with the T-Wolves offering more, but I am happy to have him back

Now we just need to pick up a bench shooter.
    You know, I've been thinking about that. We tend to forget what we have. Last year as a rookie, I felt Goudelock was a very good option because of the "quick offense". He did very well for a rookie drafted late.

Perhaps if he'd been working on his game this off season, since he now knows what to expect and has that experience under his belt, he can average 12 off the bench with someone like Jamison.

In my opinion, our bench has the potential to be set. If MB uses a 9 man rotation of Blake, Goudelock, Jamison, and Hill off the bench, I'd say maybe we have everything we need!

Yes, and at that time as well, our offense was suffering. McRoberts wasn't an offense guy. He did have a very high IQ. Unfortunately I felt he was too unselfish.

At that time, MB elected to use troy murphy. His defense was trash, but I remember him hitting so many open shots. He wasn't afraid to shoot the shot either. You and I am sure can agree that the offense was not up to par. So having Murphy hit those open shots was a bit more valuable at the time.

Afterwards, when we started using Jordan Hill, I had felt he was a better option to use than McRoberts. What do you think about that?
    Again......yes, you are right however if Brown knew how to properly use him he would be an offense guy. McRoberts was at his best moving without the ball....Kobe began to look for him diving to the basket and it was working very well. Brown having all the tools to run a great offense is like giving a 2 year old a laptop
    Don't expect high quality results

NBA lottery pick

You know, I've been thinking about that. We tend to forget what we have. Last year as a rookie, I felt Goudelock was a very good option because of the "quick offense". He did very well for a rookie drafted late.

Perhaps if he'd been working on his game this off season, since he now knows what to expect and has that experience under his belt, he can average 12 off the bench with someone like Jamison.

In my opinion, our bench has the potential to be set. If MB uses a 9 man rotation of Blake, Goudelock, Jamison, and Hill off the bench, I'd say maybe we have everything we need!
    Goudelock wasn't very impressive in summer league. He shot 23% from the 3 pt line and averaged less than 10 ppg. Darius Morris actually played far better. Of course, the Lakers summer league team in general wasn't all that impressive. I'm not expecting much from any of the young guys.

I really don't trust Brown to properly use his bench.....I don't know if he'll consistently give Goudelock playing time. Now that we signed Hill and Jamison I can very easily see a McRoberts for Rush deal happening.

NBA lottery pick

When Jordan Hill was at his best he was better than McRoberts at his best. Not that McRoberts isn't good or anything. I don't see how Brown is going to be able to substitute in Hill, Jamison, and McRoberts while still keeping Bynum & Gasol happy with PT. Jamison probably wants 15-20 minutes per game. With the investment we just made in Hill he should get about the same. It feels like McRoberts could potentially get traded. I'm sure there's teams out there that would love to have him. The Lakers desperately need a backup guard too. They're so thin on the bench at G it seems like a solid combo guard would be a good fit.