Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Default Re: Mavericks Acquire Shawn Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    The problem is that none of them can shut down players like Melo,Durant,James and Pierce.
    There's a very short list of players who can even keep up with those guys anyway. Marion is athletic and long, he's guarded smaller players before and if Gortat improves the Mavs interior D like he should their defence will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    The problem is that none of them can shut down players like Melo,Durant,James and Pierce.
    NOBODY can shut those guys down when they are on.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Nice Trade For All The Teams Here. Good Job Guys.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Jason Kidd gets exposed by the quicker PG's...
    Some of the best defenders in the league can't always stay with a quicker point-guards, so that's no reason to bash him. Kidd keeps the offense effiecient and organized, he rebounds, gets steals, and always makes sure his team gets a high-percentage shot. Would you trade all that for someone who can keep his man in front of him sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Red-Head
    Some of the best defenders in the league can't always stay with a quicker point-guards, so that's no reason to bash him. Kidd keeps the offense effiecient and organized, he rebounds, gets steals, and always makes sure his team gets a high-percentage shot. Would you trade all that for someone who can keep his man in front of him sometimes?

this, and kidd is still a solid deffender on most players, too many people round here think that the second you hit 30 you cease to be able to play deffense.

Banned

Default Re: Four-team trade sending Hedo Turkoglu to Raptors and Shawn Marion to Mavericks done

Yeah i think Marion fits in real well on paper with the Mav's. Its not like he needs the ball to be effective and now they are long and way more athletic. If any team got jipped it was Toronto, Hedo is overrated for the amount of attention he's getting. Anyways Mav's looking really good right now...

Default Re: Four-team trade sending Hedo Turkoglu to Raptors and Shawn Marion to Mavericks done

Regardless of what people say, Marion wasn't a good fit in TO and was hardly utilized to his potential.

Raptors have a strong starting lineup, but to be brutally honest their D will probably still be pretty weak.

Surprised no one is really talking about Jarret Jack going their, they have plenty of cap room to go after a couple good guys to make the bench stronger.

Either way, the Raptors will make the playoffs this year...at least they should.

But if they don't....at least will still have that 3 pointer streak record still going

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    This is a great move but it could turn out to bite them in the ass if Dirk, Kidd, etc start showing their etc. This is an old team.
    I think Dirk showed in the playoffs that he has more than enough left in the tank. And as long as Kidd continues to play within his element as he did last season (obviously he can't physically do everything he used to, but he's still a smart player, great passer, and a leader), I don't think he's that big of a question mark.

I'm most worried about Howard's health. If we have the athletic, slashing, and finishing Josh from 2005-2007, I think we're a contender. If not, then we're just another team in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Arti
    I'm most worried about Howard's health. If we have the athletic, slashing, and finishing Josh from 2005-2007, I think we're a contender. If not, then we're just another team in the West.

A healthy Josh is essential for the Mavs to be a serious threat.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Jason Kidd, Josh Howard, Shawn Marion, & Marcin Gortat are all excellent defenders.
    Jason Kidd is too slow to defend the younger, quicker point guards.

Gortat is a solid defender, but he will be exposed by more polished big men with smoother moves around the basket.

Howard and Marion are both good defenders, but the team lacks an elite defensive presence. Kidd is on the way out, and trading for him was not a good idea.

Check out this blog I found. Hilarious sports section.
    http://popcornmuscles.com/

Post Re: Four-team trade sending Hedo Turkoglu to Raptors and Shawn Marion to Mavericks done

what happened ??

Saw a basketball once

The Mavs will be a bit better, but no way they get past the Spurs again this year.

Marion was a beast in Phoenix when Nash was tossing him alley-oops and leading the break. He's proven since then to be a questionable player in terms of creating offense on his own.

And the departure of Bass... that's what concerns me. Where is the bench low-post scoring going to come from?

I'm sure more moves will be made, but Dallas will simply be another 48 to 52 win team this year.

Saw a basketball once

I don't get why Hedo Turkoglu left Orlando. You ride the big man to a title. He'll regret the Toronto move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavwreck
    The Mavs will be a bit better, but no way they get past the Spurs again this year.

Marion was a beast in Phoenix when Nash was tossing him alley-oops and leading the break. He's proven since then to be a questionable player in terms of creating offense on his own.

And the departure of Bass... that's what concerns me. Where is the bench low-post scoring going to come from?

I'm sure more moves will be made, but Dallas will simply be another 48 to 52 win team this year.

Some ol talk from Spurs fans.....If Duncan and Manu are not 100% healthy the Spurs are not beating anybody come playoff time, the Spurs team last season would have beat most teams in the playoffs besides the Mavs and Lakers, the Mavs still give the Spurs match up problems and I dout the Spurs wonna see the Mavs with a healthy Josh Howard and Shawn Marion in the playoffs.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by moatsman007
    I don't get why Hedo Turkoglu left Orlando. You ride the big man to a title. He'll regret the Toronto move.
    he wanted $$$ and Orlando wouldnt give it to him. I think he should've went to Portland, but the wifey wanted to live in Toronto

i think with Hedo, the Raps are a playoff team and maybe a 6th man away from being a contender.