Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Earned not given

Default Another example of police doing s*** they're not supposed to do

http://youtu.be/XsW-QCxXkQA

Yo this shit is really getting ridiculous. How far will they go?

EDIT: The back story goes as follows:

The lady in the drivers seat was pulled over for not wearing her seatbelt. The lady and the passengers were on their way to the hospital to see the drivers dying mother and were in a hurry. During the traffic stop the police officers asked to see the passengers ID for reasons unknown. The passenger stated that he did not have an ID because it was confiscated due to driving without insurance in a prior traffic stop on a different date. When the passenger told the police officers that he had a ticket showing that he was not allowed to have his drivers license and that the ticket was in his backpack, they started drawing their guns. You can hear the driver on the phone with 911 telling dispatch that the police are pointing their guns at the car simply because he was reaching into his bag.

The video is being filmed by the drivers 14 year old son. Her 7 year old daughter is also in the backseat and can be heard crying at the end of the video.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/1...e-traffic-stop
    Last edited by chosen_one6; 10-07-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Default Re: Another example of police doing s*** they're not supposed to do

While I don't have enough info prior to make any judgement here I'm wondering are tasers/batons and guns the norms for how they deal with citizens or what?

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Like always...

Terrorizing the public, one child at a time

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    While I don't have enough info prior to make any judgement here I'm wondering are tasers/batons and guns the norms for how they deal with citizens or what?
    Sometimes they'll use their jackboots to stomp on ya head too

Local High School Star SunsN07BookIt's Avatar

Idiot cops +_Idiot people = Bad outcome

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    The back story goes as follows:

The lady in the drivers seat was pulled over for not wearing her seatbelt. The lady and the passengers were on their way to the hospital to see the drivers dying mother and were in a hurry. During the traffic stop the police officers asked to see the passengers ID for reasons unknown. The passenger stated that he did not have an ID because it was confiscated due to driving without insurance in a prior traffic stop on a different date. When the passenger told the police officers that he had a ticket showing that he was not allowed to have his drivers license and that the ticket was in his backpack, they started drawing their guns. You can hear the driver on the phone with 911 telling dispatch that the police are pointing their guns at the car simply because he was reaching into his bag.

The video is being filmed by the drivers 14 year old son. Her 7 year old daughter is also in the backseat and can be heard crying at the end of the video.
    Last edited by chosen_one6; 10-07-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by SunsN07BookIt
    Idiot cops +_Idiot people = Bad outcome
    Please explain to me how the driver and her boyfriend were being idiots.

It seems like you're the one thats being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6

This ^^

The back story goes as follows:

The lady in the drivers seat was pulled over for not wearing her seatbelt. During the traffic stop the police officers asked to see the passengers ID for reasons unknown. The passenger stated that he did not have an ID because it was confiscated due to driving without insurance in a prior traffic spot on a different date. When the passenger told the police officers that he had a ticket showing that he was not allowed to have his drivers license and that the ticket was in his backpack, they started drawing their guns. You can hear the driver on the phone with 911 telling dispatch that the police are pointing their guns at the car simply because he was reaching into his bag.

The driver started driving erratically and made an aggressive pull to the shoulder in such a manner, that they put spike strips in front of the car before they even approached the vehicle. The passenger was also asked to exit the vehicle several times and he did not comply. According to the police chief Indiana law says that a driver and any passenger must exit a vehicle if requested to do so. I guess who's at fault relies on if that's true or not.

The driver started driving erratically and made an aggressive pull to the shoulder in such a manner, that they put spike strips in front of the car before they even approached the vehicle. The passenger was also asked to exit the vehicle several times and he did not comply. According to the police chief Indiana law says that a driver and any passenger must exit a vehicle if requested to do so. I guess who's at fault relies on if that's true or not.
    Even if true, state law can't trump the Constitution. If he's not suspected of a crime or being placed under arrest, he does not have to exit the car. The cops had no right to break into the car like that and physically assault the guy.

shhhhhhh

On CNN they also reported this had been going on for 30 mins before they broke out the window and tased the guy...

Earned not given

The drivers behavior is understandable given the situation. I think anyone would drive that way if their mother was dying at the hospital and they wanted to be with them in their final moments of life.

As far as Indiana law is concerned, I'm not sure how they handle their traffic stops but it is to my understanding that a citizen can refuse to show their ID to a police officer if the police officer has no reasonable cause to see the ID and/or the person of interest is not going to be detained for a valid reason.

First of all the driver, started driving aggressively when lit up. That's why they put spike strips in front of the vehicle. Driver = idiot.

Passenger is asked several times to exit vehicle, ignores police. Passenger = idiot.

You being unaware of the information out there so far on this story but running yer yap anyway. You = idiot

Earned not given

First of all the driver, started driving aggressively when lit up. That's why they put spike strips in front of the vehicle. Driver = idiot.

Passenger is asked several times to exit vehicle, ignores police. Passenger = idiot.

You being unaware of the information out there so far on this story but running yer yap anyway. You = idiot
    You being unaware of the constitution = idiot

Keep talking though, you're making yourself look stupid with every post.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    On CNN they also reported this had been going on for 30 mins before they broke out the window and tased the guy...
    B-B-B-ut the 3 minute one says full video!!