Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible trades

Default Possible trades

when kenyon went down it was painfully obvious we need another big man. the only players we could really trade are Renaldo Balkman, Malik Allen's expiring contract, or Joey Graham as of today I think. The big men that are probably available and would come at a small price (like the three players I listed) are:

PF Joe Smith
    C Aaron Gray
    PF Solomon Jones
    C Francisco Elson
    C Ryan Hollins (if we threw in a pick)
    PF Jason Smith
    PF/C Fabricio Oberto

None of these players are really doing much for their current teams. I would probably prefer Oberto (experience on a contender and can shoot a little bit) or Hollins (would definitely need to throw in a pick though because Minnesota probably views him as good depth for the future)

Thoughts? Scenarios?

Serious playground baller

Default Re: Possible trades

I believe that B. Haywood from the Wizards would be a good addition for the Nuggets. They could trade Balkman and Graham or Balkman and Allen for him if the Wizards were interested.

Another possibility is to trade Balkman, or Allen and Graham to the Warriors for A. Randolph. There are rumors out that Randolph is on the Block. They could also trade a part of one of their TPE for Randolph.

Third option would be to bring up C. Simmons or Anthony Tolliver from the Idaho Stampede in the Devlopmental League. They both seem to be good rebounders and dependable scorers.

Balkman, allen, and graham have no trade value- nobody gives the nugs a player we want for 1 or all of these guys

Those trade exemptions on the other hand could have a lot of value- but the team is too cheap to take advantage of them- if ownership really was willing to pay for a contender it could be done, but it seems like its min wage players to surround the core for as long as we can see

Only since carmelos arrival have the nugs badly needed a 4/5 player who can stretch the floor w shooting and give carmelo space to keep him as an inside/out player- also need size defensivly-

So 7 footers who can shoot? There aren't many- didn't try for rasheed, couldn't get okur or prob even brad miller- I'd love if the team could add a piece long term like bargnani (who is way too valuble to get in a trade), spencer hawes, yi, or even jason smith would all be hard to get

Jason smith might be the only possible pickup due to being less valuble than the rest

Nugs have to get something out of kmarts contract before

[QUOTE=el gringos]Balkman, allen, and graham have no trade value- nobody gives the nugs a player we want for 1 or all of these guys

Those trade exemptions on the other hand could have a lot of value- but the team is too cheap to take advantage of them- if ownership really was willing to pay for a contender it could be done, but it seems like its min wage players to surround the core for as long as we can see

Only since carmelos arrival have the nugs badly needed a 4/5 player who can stretch the floor w shooting and give carmelo space to keep him as an inside/out player- also need size defensivly-

So 7 footers who can shoot? There aren't many- didn't try for rasheed, couldn't get okur or prob even brad miller- I'd love if the team could add a piece long term like bargnani (who is way too valuble to get in a trade), spencer hawes, yi, or even jason smith would all be hard to get

Jason smith might be the only possible pickup due to being less valuble than the rest

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Trust me, if the Nuggets sign Hollins, fights will break out between him and kmart on a regular basis. Whether it's at practice, during games, or team dinners, the two of 'em will be going at it nonstop.

[QUOTE=el gringos]Balkman, allen, and graham have no trade value- nobody gives the nugs a player we want for 1 or all of these guys

Quote Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
    Trust me, if the Nuggets sign Hollins, fights will break out between him and kmart on a regular basis. Whether it's at practice, during games, or team dinners, the two of 'em will be going at it nonstop.
    well even nene fought with kenyon for a while. i think hollins would just be lucky to have a significant role on a championship contender.

if the wizards keep tanking i bet they'd want to unload haywood, and if that's the case he'd be my number one target if i was warkentien.

Why haywood- besides size and helping defensivly against 7 ftrs he doesn't fit what is needed- he clogs the lane up the same way kmart and bird do- and he doesn't run or move real well either- do you think of him as the 4th big or do you think of him at or above kmart or bird?

I liked your post from before, but I still just think we have the exact wrong type players alongside the top 4- the others need to complement the top 4's games (esp carmelo and nene)- too many rotation players on the nugs are not good enough scorers or shooters to keep defenses honest- this 1 on 2,3, or 4 is just too much-

So how can you trade the te's then- yi + dooling for te + 2 1sts wouldn't work?

Kmart for boris diaw + diop?

Gives size w diop, who could atleast compete w the mbenga's of the world and foul bynum/gasol + diaw be a huge upgrade offensively and help carmelo and nene so much that the downgrade defensively would be worth it

So you guys need another big.

who is

[ ] 7 feet
    [ ] plays defense
    [ ] rebounds
    [ ] blocks shots
    [ ] can hit the open jumpshot
    [ ] is a vet ?

(CHECK LIST)
    RIGHT?

lets see..

[x] 7 feet
    [x] plays defense
    [x] rebounds
    [x] blocks shots
    [x] can hit the open jumpshot
    [x] is a vet ?

Who meets these? Well,

Marcus Camby.lol

and guess what? he knows the system...

Camby didn't play defense.

He was horrible on offense, skill vise and shot selection..

I would take Bird over him 17 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

The man won the defensive player of the year???

if he didnt play defense, then that means the whole league doesnt play defense?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    So you guys need another big.

who is

[ ] 7 feet
    [ ] plays defense
    [ ] rebounds
    [ ] blocks shots
    [ ] can hit the open jumpshot
    [ ] is a vet ?

(CHECK LIST)
    RIGHT?

lets see..

[x] 7 feet
    [x] plays defense
    [x] rebounds
    [x] blocks shots
    [x] can hit the open jumpshot
    [x] is a vet ?

Who meets these? Well,

Marcus Camby.lol

and guess what? he knows the system...

Actually he's not 7'0 last time i checked he stands 6'10 or 6'11 , did he grow? lolll

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

I wouldn't go that far. He played very good weak side\help defense. He was extremely overrated tho. He blocked some shots and rebounded the **** out of the ball and he grabbed an award because of it.

I'd really like Hawes but I seriously doubt we have anything to pry him away. Jason Smith has impressed me a few times when I've seen him. Be a big with some size that can grab some boards and shoot the 3 in limited minutes off the bench and seems like he'd be a realistic option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I wouldn't go that far. He played very good weak side\help defense. He was extremely overrated tho. He blocked some shots and rebounded the **** out of the ball and he grabbed an award because of it.

I'd really like Hawes but I seriously doubt we have anything to pry him away. Jason Smith has impressed me a few times when I've seen him. Be a big with some size that can grab some boards and shoot the 3 in limited minutes off the bench and seems like he'd be a realistic option as well.
    exactly- hawes prob is un gettable, maybe smith could be gotten- its size and outside shooting that would benifit carmelo, but also help out nene, kmart, or birdman depending on who he's on the floor w

What would a realistic way to get smith be- 2 1sts too many for nugs? 1 1st not enough for philly? If willing to take on th contract would te + 1 1st work for smith if nugs took a contract like kapono on?