Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Discuss Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets now that Jazz eliminated them in round 1

Discuss the state of the Denver Nuggets. They had a good regular season but just got eliminated in the first round by a Jazz team that had their two best players but was missing the next two best guys.

Talk Melo, his supporting cast and the Nuggets as a whole

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Discuss Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets now that Jazz eliminated them in round 1

WTF happened? Was it really the coaching that did Denver in? I was expecting Denver to give the Lakers a run for their money.

Well...we'll see how the Jazz would do against the Lakers again.

Dunking on everybody in the park 6thManOfTheYear's Avatar

Default Re: Discuss Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets now that Jazz eliminated them in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    WTF happened? Was it really the coaching that did Denver in? I was expecting Denver to give the Lakers a run for their money.

Well...we'll see how the Jazz would do against the Lakers again.
    people underestimate coaching

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

2 techs, one on billups even. lolligagging nuggets (here's lookin at you smith).

in most cases you've gotta support the hometown team, but if i was from denver there's no way to sell me on the current iteration of the team.

to be positive i like afflalo

Local High School Star

It's safe to say Adrian Dantley will never have a head coaching job in the NBA. In the post game interview he said he didn't even know what defense Jerry Sloan was using against Melo to slow him down.

Dunking on everybody in the park 6thManOfTheYear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    It's safe to say Adrian Dantley will never have a head coaching job in the NBA. In the post game interview he said he didn't even know what defense Jerry Sloan was using against Melo to slow him down.
    well he is someone who forgot to play one of denver's key players for their second unit one game

It definitely was the coaching that did the Nuggets in. Dantley looked clueless and scared out there, he was scared of the opposing coach as well as his own players.

The guy doesn't seem to have the skills nor the demeanor to be a head coach in this league. The Nuggets broke down emotionally in this serious and the last few minutes of this game, it seemed like the old Nuggets before Billups got there.

Melo is what I have been saying he is....a one dimensional basketball player. He scores and doesn't do much else(as far as a meaningful impact on the game is concerned). He, and the rest of the Denver Niggets tend to make bone head decisions when it matters most. Why I have no idea.

If Denver doesn't make any drastic changes this offseason, watch Melo leave in 2011.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Nuggets lack character as a team. Their problem is not talent, it's character. They lost their coach and Billups did not pull them together and lead them as he should have, being the Veteran and team captain.

National High School Star

Haha, Boozer brought his three sons up to do the conference with him. It's almost midnight in SLC and the kids are falling asleep.

The boys are all under 8, btw.

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Melo is what I have been saying he is....a one dimensional basketball player. He scores and doesn't do much else(as far as a meaningful impact on the game is concerned). He, and the rest of the Denver Niggets tend to make bone head decisions when it matters most. Why I have no idea.

If Denver doesn't make any drastic changes this offseason, watch Melo leave in 2011.
    again melo is an improved playermaker, but he is naturally a scorer with below average playmaking abilities. He is a forward, to be honest not many forward are good playmakers LeBron, Bird, Dr J, prime tmac, odom, hill those guys are the exception. Guys like Kevin Durant, Melo, Rudy Gay Granger aren't really good playermakers naturally and it is hard to develope.

That's why it helps to have a guard that is an excellent playmaker like a Westbrook it helps, same for Billups except Billups is SOOOOOOOOO inefficient and his shot selection is terrible and it really shows now that he is over and come playoff time

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    again melo is an improved playermaker, but he is naturally a scorer with below average playmaking abilities.
    Translation: He's one dimensional. You just said exactly what I did except in a more gentle way.

His talent is off the charts, no doubt. However, this series showed a couple things he needs to work on. Not getting back, slacking on defense(again), and basically being below average in everything BUT scoring. If his shots aren't falling, no need to worry about him. Nuggets fans won't like that, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Nuggets lack character as a team. Their problem is not talent, it's character. They lost their coach and Billups did not pull them together and lead them as he should have, being the Veteran and team captain.
    Funny How when the Nuggets are healthy and winning, there the team to challenge the Lakers, but when there not healthy and losing they Lack character. Denver has no coach, without Karl. George Karl has always been a very controlling and hands on coach, his assistants aren't given much control in running the team. And Billups with all his years of experience as a player is not going to match Karl's 30 plus years of coaching. If Coach Sloan was not able to coach Utah in this series do you think they would have played as well as they did? Denver was the only team in the playoffs missing there head coach no other team had that disadvantage.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Translation: He's one dimensional. You just said exactly what I did except in a more gentle way.

His talent is off the charts, no doubt. However, this series showed a couple things he needs to work on. Not getting back, slacking on defense(again), and basically being below average in everything BUT scoring. If his shots aren't falling, no need to worry about him. Nuggets fans won't like that, but it's true.
    Reboundin? Defense? .. he was average with playmakin. Add in elite scorin and I'll take that. Proved he can take a team farther than alot of players.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1_BAD_TIGER
    Funny How when the Nuggets are healthy and winning, there the team to challenge the Lakers, but when there not healthy and losing they Lack character. Denver has no coach, without Karl. George Karl has always been a very controlling and hands on coach, his assistants aren't given much control in running the team. And Billups with all his years of experience as a player is not going to match Karl's 30 plus years of coaching. If Coach Sloan was not able to coach Utah in this series do you think they would have played as well as they did? Denver was the only team in the playoffs missing there head coach no other team had that disadvantage.
    They act like second rate punks when they're winning as well. it justbecomes detrimental when they're not playing well, they don't rally around each other. In that 4th quarter I didn't see guys rallying together, I saw them making stupid mistakes and giving up and falling apart. That's character. If you lose, you lose but you lose as a team playing hard and not making dumb plays or getting technical fouls. Really I think it's two guys that are cancers on the team. Kenyon Martin and J R Smith.