Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Cant help but to feel sorry for the guy but at the same time idk y this guy was drafted so high.cmon

Think about it for a min

A guy with mental health issues in front of all the world to see?lol

Media,endorsements,fans,groupies,etc that he got to deal with on a daily basis and you waste a solid pick on him?

Look the guy can ball but wats the point if he cant get to the game?

Idk if this is legal or bad but here is my idea of wat royce can do to overcome his fear of flying.

Take some sleeping pills right before you board your flight.boom u good to go.i wish i could talk to royce id tell him look man u know its more likely for u to die in a car crash than in a plane crash? And its true.

This guy has to get on the court he can make the rockets so much better.gives their bench more depth and size.their frontcourt would br summin like utah jazz frountcourt with millsap,jefferson,kanter and favors.

Oh well hope the rockets know they gone eventually have to part ways with either lin,harden or asik down the road.if i was them id be looking for a lin replacement in the next couple drafts cuz the boy is absurdly overpaid.

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

I feel sorry for the player, and the team. But, when everything is said and done, this looks like a wasted pick.

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    You just described Judas Shuttlesworth
    I was about to mention the same thing.

I think the onus to make this right is on the Rockets. He's been public about his anxiety from day 1, he hasn't been hiding or misrepresenting to them. By selecting him I would assume they made preparations and were confident they could make him NBA ready? Royce has to make an effort as well, but it's the Rockets who have to try their best to help him. I mean, they basically took on the responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I think the onus to make this right is on the Rockets. He's been public about his anxiety from day 1, he hasn't been hiding or misrepresenting to them. By selecting him I would assume they made preparations and were confident they could make him NBA ready? Royce has to make an effort as well, but it's the Rockets who have to try their best to help him. I mean, they basically took on the responsibility.
    He.s not going to the therapy sessions they set up. That;s on him.

I said this in one of the other dozen Royce White threads, but he shouldn't have been picked by the Rockets. He should have requested an Atlantic Division team.

Less long distance plane rides. Only one West Coast trip a season. More opponents you can drive to. If he's on the Nets, he can drive to Knicks, 76ers, Wizards, and Celtics games easily. Plus short flights to Midwest.

You reaslitically can't drive anywhere from Houston...only SA and Dallas....still far.

Perfect trade. Royce White for James White......see? A White for a White? Done....and done.
    Last edited by bagelred; 11-14-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I said this in one of the other dozen Royce White threads, but he shouldn't have been picked by the Rockets. He should have requested an Atlantic Division team.

Less long distance plane rides. Only one West Coast trip a season. More opponents you can drive to. If he's on the Nets, he can drive to Knicks, 76ers, Wizards, and Celtics games easily. Plus short flights to Midwest.

You reaslitically can't drive anywhere from Houston....still far.

Perfect trade. Royce White for James White......see? A White for a White? Done....and done.
    Would that steal of a trade be white on white crime?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He.s not going to the therapy sessions they set up. That;s on him.
    I have no idea what's going on between them. If he's refusing to cooperate, could be on him.

[QUOTE]says the club has been

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I have no idea what's going on between them. If he's refusing to cooperate, could be on him.

This is what he's saying though.

and I think this line in the article sums it up pretty well

Maybe it just happened to be a bad risk afterall?
    It's reported they are fining him for missing sessions. He's not going to the sessions.

Kid sounds terribly immature. Having emotional issues is not a get out of jail free card. It doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want.

White for Amare...

Seriously, I imagine his issues with spark up playing in NY. So I'd say it's the same as him playing in Brooklyn.

Houston was interested in signing Nene before, right? Would they do a White for Nene deal? Wouldn't Washington?

The Bobcats? That could be the steal of a lifetime. This guy has legit star ability. Charlotte is ass. The anxiety that comes from losing so much would force to go go into beast mode lol.

Lastly, who is James White?

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Royce is obviously a total p.ussy.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Would that steal of a trade be white on white crime?
    Nice.

Anywho, this is what I'm talking about. Being in the East would help him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Wtf...this isn't OCD unless it's talking about two separate disorders. The fear of flying is a phobia or at the very most Generalized Anxiety Disorder. However, it got me thinking...it would be crazy is someone who actually had OCD and had thoughts that led to compulsive three point shooting and couldn't stop until they had the "perfect" release. Hahaha...they would shoot the highest percentage ever...then again, they would be useless at everything else.

Back on Royce...either way, there is some highly effective therapy for all types of anxiety disorders as well as some mood stabilizers he could take. This is an instance of him either not trusting therapy, or simply not caring enough to try.
    Ray Allen has OCD. Seriously.

If he's someone who can help teams win, he can just sign up on terms that he will only play home games and receive lower salary. It's unorthodox but would be a win-win solution.

Toronto and Cleveland also...they'd be smart to look into him.