Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: The BigAss 2nd term thread

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    I have been defending Barry on this scandal, but this doesn't look good.
    No it doesn't.

She is probably trying to get immunity. There's a Democrat from Queens who is saying she lied to him about this two days before she revealed this story.

She revealed it by having a friend ask her a question at a speech she was giving. Washington Post's Fact Checker gave her Four Pinocchios
    Lerner then contacted a friend, Celia Roady, a tax attorney with the Washington firm Morgan Lewis, to get her to ask a question about the targeting, according to a statement by Roady on Friday. (Roady had previously denied this was a planted question when asked directly by participants at the meeting.)
    So Lerner was dissembling when she suggested that a simple well-aimed question prompted the disclosure.
    In fact, just two days before the ABA conference, Lerner appeared before Congress and was asked by Rep. Joseph Crowley (D-N.Y.) about the status of investigations into 501(c)(4) groups. She provided a bland answer about a questionnaire on the IRS Web site, failing to take the opportunity to disclose the results of the probe. Small wonder that Crowley is now calling for her to resign, saying that Lerner lied to him.

Interesting take on the AP case by a long time national security reporter
    [QUOTE]But how many times can the media claim such an action is

   

i don't follow this stuff too much, but one thing i'm not very clear on-- is it realistic that hillary and bill return to the white house next term?

he almost died, she must be a bit burned out by now, and they're both getting older. i mean, with so many opportunities for them to make a difference across a spectrum of areas, do they really want to spend themselves to the bone on another high-stakes extended dance?

OTOH, do the dems have anyone else remotely ready?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i don't follow this stuff too much, but one thing i'm not very clear on-- is it realistic that hillary and bill return to the white house next term?

he almost died, she must be a bit burned out by now, and they're both getting older. i mean, with so many opportunities for them to make a difference across a spectrum of areas, do they really want to spend themselves to the bone on another high-stakes extended dance?

It depends how far these scandal hearings go. Right now it looks like they might impact some congressional elections, but by the time the presidential primaries roll around there's a good chance they will be done with and forgotten and Obama will have had time to put some distance between them and anyone associated with his administrations (Biden, Clinton, etc.).

Otherwise Al Gore maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes

BIDEN!

But yes, Hillary definitely does want to become President. Is your question, do they want to do this? The answer is yes. If the question is will she win, that remains to be seen.

She is definitely running though. A lot of Democrats were happy that she just got rid of some bad staff from 2008. http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...767_story.html

Wow.

Man with ties to Boston bombing suspect shot during FBI questioning
    https://www.google.com/news?ncl=dDGS...=English&hl=en

Lois Lerner plead the fifth.

Big Article looking into what was going on in the emails discussing Benghazi talking points and General Petraeus's involvement, there was not only a fight between the CIA and the State Department. There was disagreement within the CIA with a couple of folks objecting to what Petraeus wanted.

National High School Star

In a First, U.S. Admits Drones Have Killed 4 Americans

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us...kes.html?_r=1&

Obama's giving a speech on drones and Guantanamo tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Obama's giving a speech on drones and Guantanamo tomorrow.
    I'll be interested in that.

On a side note, it looks like Anthony Foxx is sailing through confirmation as transportation secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I'll be interested in that.

On a side note, it looks like Anthony Foxx is sailing through confirmation as transportation secretary.
    Was there any issue with him, I haven't even heard of him. I had heard the Labor guy was having issues.

Eric Holder on drone strikes

In his letter to Congressional leaders, Mr. Holder confirmed that the administration had deliberately killed Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical Muslim cleric who died in a drone strike in September 2011 in Yemen. Mr. Holder also wrote that United States forces had killed three other Americans who “were not specifically targeted.”
    Most americans never really consider the FACT that MANY innocent muslim children have been blown to shreds in these drone strikes.

This administration thinks that it is acceptable to kill children in their search for "millitants" as long as the children are collateral damage and "not specifically targeted". Think about that for a minute. Think about what it would feel like if a foreign country was bombing seemingly random locations in your neighborhood in the name of killing "terrorists".

Countless Americans are unable to understand why so many muslims continue to hate the US. I think its pretty damn obvious.
    Last edited by Nanners; 05-22-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Default Anthony Weiner whips it out at midnight.

His NYC mayoral candidacy that is. And thus avoided having the tabloids make the kind of puns I just did.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2....php?ref=fpblg
    By launching his bid via a video posted on his website around midnight Wednesday Weiner prevented the New York Daily News and New York Post from featuring him and lewd puns on their covers, leaving staffers at the papers convinced it was a deliberate dodge.
    If you have to launch your candidacy at midnight, how successful do you think it will be? Perhaps he will uncover a mighty vein (see I did it again) of voters who like to send dick pics. The "sexy-selfie" set might be a huge block of untapped photos just waiting for a leader.

I think it was known, not widely known, that three Americans were killed in the two al-Awalaki attacks. There was an American, Samir Khan, with al-Awalaki when he was killed. He was a member of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. He also wrote an article in Al Qaeda's online magazine about how to make pressure cooker bombs and how to murder government workers

The third al-Awalaki's son who was not a terrorist. That was just a screwup.

The fourth guy is from Raleigh.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 05-23-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    I think it was known, not widely known, that three Americans were killed in the two al-Awalaki attacks. There was an American, Samir Khan, with al-Awalaki when he was killed. He was a member of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. He also wrote an article in Al Qaeda's online magazine about how to make pressure cooker bombs and how to murder government workers

The third al-Awalaki's son who was not a terrorist. That was just a screwup.

The fourth guy is from Raleigh.
    EDIT
    NY Times has an article up on the 4th man. He was killed in a signature strike in South Waziristan.