Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
       

Default Re: David Letterman's last ever show is tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Never found him funny.

Leno > Letterman
    ah, don't worry about it.

bland humor didn't win the ratings wars for nothing.

   

dunno if you letterman appreciators saw this, but i found this to be a pretty fascinating look in to the joke-writing process... including internal politics of the show:
    http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/23-lo...letterman.html

actually i forget if this is the same article where some of them talk about being professional joke writers who fax in jokes all season long and maybe one gets used every two weeks or so and they make $50 for it. a labor of love and the thrill of seeing a famous person doing your joke on TV...

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    dunno if you letterman appreciators saw this, but i found this to be a pretty fascinating look in to the joke-writing process... including internal politics of the show:
    http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/23-lo...letterman.html

actually i forget if this is the same article where some of them talk about being professional joke writers who fax in jokes all season long and maybe one gets used every two weeks or so and they make $50 for it. a labor of love and the thrill of seeing a famous person doing your joke on TV...
    This is a great read.. long but really good stuff.. have to come back and finish it up after a meeting but i'm cracking up heading into it...

thanks

   

quite welcome bro and glad you liked.

i imagined that this was a forum that wasn't dominated by 13yr olds and it became very easy to share.

I became a Letterman fans when I was 11 yrs.old back in 1998. I remember he had a quintuple bypass operation back in 2000, but he fully recovered. All I can say that during his peak/prime he was one of the best late night hosts.