Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Default Re: The hypocrisy of hockey

Y'all need not discuss things you have no idea about.

Of course a basketball forum wouldn't think highly of hockey, being that their seasons overlap and have the same format (except for the stupid 2-3-2 format the NBA had for the Finals)

I think it's crazy that baseball brawls are pretty much excepted. Those get pretty wild and it's the whole ****ing team that storms the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    2-3-2 format has been changed back to 2-2-1-1-1
    That's why I said HAD

About time they changed. NBA fixed the dumb sh!t for the Gold Ball

Hockey is the greatest sport in existence, granted its accesible,understood and people aren't turned off by all required materials and the general homogenous nature (skin color, not nationality) of its participants.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think it's crazy that baseball brawls are pretty much excepted. Those get pretty wild and it's the whole ****ing team that storms the field.

Theyre not really accepted, not by the league anyhow. Dudes get suspended for participating in brawls. At least Im pretty sure they do.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Maybe if NBA players didn't have a rep for throwing bitch ass sucker punches in fights they wouldn't get hated on so much.

Or maybe, just maybe, its as simple as 6'8 dudes pack such a heavier punch than the average 5'10 to 6'1 sized guys in other sports that its wise to not allow them to potentially KO a fool and wreck his career.

Its not like you can punch a guy as hard on skates like you can on an NBA court. Even baseball fights tend to end in a tackle in the dirt more than anything.

Hell, I once saw Shaq take a swing at Brad Miller after he had turned his head and started walking the other way. Had Shaq connected it probably would have killed Miller.

This... at the end of the day you don't have multiple guys in play who are pushing 6'8", 6'10", 7' weighing 250+ lbs... lot different than your average hockey player who is ~6', or even NFL who is ~6'3" on average.

Put Gortat, Pekovic, Nene, Valanciunas, Cousins, and Dwight in the Hockey rink or on a baseball field and you wouldn't be allowed to fight there either...
    Last edited by oarabbus; 01-08-2015 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    This... at the end of the day you don't have multiple guys in play who are pushing 6'8", 6'10", 7' weighing 250+ lbs... lot different than your average hockey player who is ~6', or even NFL who is ~6'3" on average.

Put Gortat, Pekovic, Nene, Valanciunas, Cousins, and Dwight in the Hockey rink or on a baseball field and you wouldn't be allowed to fight there either...
    Your kidding right?
    Have you heard of John Scott? Zdeno Chara? Dustin Byfuglien? Brian McGratten? All those guys would murder any of the guys mentioned above. And there are a lot more

Wayne Gretzy was an amazing player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Wayne Gretzy was an amazing player.
    Probably the number one untouchable guy. I've heard stories about players hitting him hard and then getting destroyed moments later by an Oilers/Kings enforcer. I'm going to go watch some youtube of him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Theyre not really accepted, not by the league anyhow. Dudes get suspended for participating in brawls. At least Im pretty sure they do.
    Yeah, I think suspensions are handed out but I think they are basically slaps on the wrist. The Pirates had a pretty intense fight with the Brewers this season and the longest suspension was 5 games with a couple others only getting 1 or 2. Meanwhile everyone else who storms the field is just told to go sit back down. It is still viewed largely as a part of the history of the sport.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Football would be way better if we had this every game

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Your kidding right?
    Have you heard of John Scott? Zdeno Chara? Dustin Byfuglien? Brian McGratten? All those guys would murder any of the guys mentioned above. And there are a lot more
    Those guys are basically midgets compared to the NBA players I listed. Nene would tear them into small pieces. Or James Johnson.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Those guys are basically midgets compared to the NBA players I listed. Nene would tear them into small pieces. Or James Johnson.
    ... yeah ok

Chara would destroy any NBA player.

NBA All-star

they couldn't stop the game, so they stopped the players.

John Scott is 6'7 245 and pummels any of those guys you mentioned, and he's not the top enforcer in the league. Zdeno is 6'8. Byfuglien is 6'4 260. McGratten who is probably the toughest guy in the NHL is 6'4 235 and would crumple Nene. Not to mention a couple of these guys are skilled skaters who can fore check like a James Harrison tackle.
    so your example is way off based