Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Default Anyone try Amazon Flex delivery?

I just tried it last night and it was horrible. The block they gave me took twice as long as they said. There's no parking in downtown so I had to pay 15 bucks to park in a garage. Then Amazon's servers crashed and no one could deliver for 2 hours. I ended up returning like 20 packages which is terrible.

I did postmates and made 150 bucks 6 hours. Amazon Flex I made like 50 bucks for 10 hours of work lol. Worst experience ever.

My recommendation is don't ever do a downtown area. It's a living nightmare. If parking wasn't an issue I could do a 4 hour block in 2 hours. I'd say if you get a downtown route you should just quit. It's not worth your time.

I'm actually looking forward to fall term. Summer jobs suck ass.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
warriorfan
Itís gonna be easy!

Default Re: Anyone try Amazon Flex delivery?

Watch out for those jobs. You need to factor in the wear and tear of your car. Breaks, tires, shutting your car on and off over and over. You might be able to put a little cash in your pocket today but you are speeding up to a major car repair bill tomorrow.
warriorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Default Re: Anyone try Amazon Flex delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Watch out for those jobs. You need to factor in the wear and tear of your car. Breaks, tires, shutting your car on and off over and over. You might be able to put a little cash in your pocket today but you are speeding up to a major car repair bill tomorrow.

I've pretty much factored that in for Postmates and the job has worked out to be about $12/hr. Not great but I also get tips. So far I've made about $600 in about 35 hours.

I idle my car when I do fastfood deliveries to houses. Only time I ever shut off my car is to go in to restaurants. I used cruise control a lot, coast, plus I never take deliveries that require me to drive far. I reject 90% of deliveries now. Some drivers are scared to do that lol. It's the only way to make the job profitable.

Even though the pay is pretty shit the job is low stress to me. I can quit whenever I feel like it. I got piad to sit in strip club 3 nights in a row doing a to go orders. That was pretty cool.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: