Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #16
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Default Re: How do you feel about suicide?

I think unless you're an extremely old individual that has memory/pain issues and the family is not with you, it's never a good option. But your actions do have an infinite effect on your family and close friends. My uncle that's in his 70s lost his kid swimming decades ago before I was even born and both he and his wife are not the same according to my mother. Suicide will have a terrible mental aspect to them regardless if this is your own action.

If you are feeling suicidal though, let us know. Maybe there will be some mouth breathing morons that make fun of you, but they're scumbags if they do it. I know we overdo it with jokes here, but that's a serious move that you can't come back from. Life goes up and down and everyone has to eat shit sometimes. Everyone. It's all about balance. If things are bad for you now, it's just a matter of time before they get better. However, you should always attempt to be proactive. Figure out ways to improve yourself. If you still feel suicidal, I would recommend heading to gym twice a week, go jog (got the apps if interested) 2x a week, and look for some kind activity/group somewhere. This gets you in contact with people, taking your mind of doing it. Jogging and working out will make you feel better over time. And honestly if you're thinking about it, maybe even places like this might be better in moderation. Not necessarily sports since those are the perfect getaway drug, but a place like ish might need to take a backseat.

If you're not feeling suicidal and just asking, ignore this rambling post.
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:24 AM   #17
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
My future=suicide at some point. I have no plans to start a family, so most likely ill will wander maybe another decade on this planet and then off myself. Nothing wrong with it, its a matter of choice. People that dont like it can go fuсk themselves.
How old are you? This seems like such a depressing post to read through. Why would you do this exactly?
hold this L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #18
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

I'm for it if you have the balls to do it.

Takes a strong person.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #19
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

But OP, having a few of your alts banned is not a good reason for suicide. Neither is Bran being a loser a good reason.

We love you, even if you are a little shit head.

Don't do it.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #20
SomeBlackDude
National High School Star

big supporter of right to die. just hate it when someone who decides to end their life wants to take others with them against their will- suicide bombers, mass shooters, etc.

Quote:
My future=suicide at some point. I have no plans to start a family, so most likely ill will wander maybe another decade on this planet and then off myself. Nothing wrong with it, its a matter of choice. People that dont like it can go fuсk themselves.

i wish you well on your journey.
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #21
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Quote:

There's a lot of women that don't mind a small p enis.

You can have a family and give yourself something to live for.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:24 PM   #22
SomeBlackDude
National High School Star

many societies throughout history revered suicide as the bravest, most honorable thing one could do.

the idea of it being the 'coward's way out' or a 'sin' is a modern concept.
SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #23
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

I don't believe anyone really wants to die. They just don't want to suffer and they are getting no joy in life when they decide to take their own life.

Watch some prof Robert Sapolsky videos where he talks about how the brain works and what depression really is. There is no choice. It's a physical illness that drains people of all abilities to be functional and live a happy life.

Suicide is just a sad thing but I wouldn't judge a person who did it. It's just a shame they couldn't get help in time.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #24
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
How old are you? This seems like such a depressing post to read through. Why would you do this exactly?
Banal perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
There's a lot of women that don't mind a small p enis.

You can have a family and give yourself something to live for.
That's what i am avoiding, i dont to feel obliged to live at some point. If i end up with family, suicide is off the table.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #25
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.

Quote:
Banal perspectives.

That's what i am avoiding, i dont to feel obliged to live at some point. If i end up with family, suicide is off the table.

I respect that, bro.

I would've killed myself a long time ago before I selfishly had kids, but I was too much of a p ussy.

I have a lot of scars on my arms from weak cuts.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #26
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:

I dont plan to start a family either, maybe in future, im 37.... why? I dont wanna "brag"/sound like im lying but... i look ok/look 12-13 years younger (no wrinkles, hair intact, body is ripped/work out more than ever), what im trying to say is i get plenty of the female genitalia :) (beautiful ones) allover Europe, also i have some hobbies i really like (flyfishing/rafting/mountaneering/climbing, allover the world, i do it as often and as much as possible)... i have a job i like/that pays just enough so i can do the things i love...

A real commitment/relationship/marriage/starting a family at the moment will ruin everything, its like a Jail... it actually will make me think of suicide instead lol... but it will happen eventually.... i wont get married just to get married tho... i want a partner for life... "marriage" is such a stupid/subtle thing/word....

There is more to life than that....

Dont make me come over to you Fiddy, that shit is never a good choice, leave that shit to the weak minded, dont mess with our Balkan reputation.

Last edited by pauk : 07-19-2018 at 04:58 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #27
dude77
NBA sixth man of the year

yeah there's nothing 'cowardly' about ending your life ffs .. how the fk is that 'cowardly' ? .. imagine jumping off a high bridge into dark waters or jumping off a 100 story building .. the gravity of the act itself coupled with knowing your life is about to be over .. sounds like it takes some real friggin conviction and balls to go through with that ..

also there's nothing after you die .. you didn't exist before you were born and you'll cease to exist when you die .. those are actually the 'weak' minded people .. the ones who believe that shit because they're scared shitless of dying and ceasing to exist

Last edited by dude77 : 07-19-2018 at 04:57 PM.
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:36 PM   #28
coin24
5-time NBA All-Star

Don't let your dreams be dreams OP, DO ITT!!!!!

but yeah if someone's dying or in excruciating pain I don't have a problem with it, it's there choice.
People that are sad or confused in the moment on the other hand is a tragedy.. things get better, such a waste
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:43 PM   #29
AlternativeAcc.
I usually hit open layups

can't imagine the pain one would have to go through in order to bring themselves to take their own life. it's a basic human instinct to resist death at all costs

some people just ain't made for this world. it can be cruel, which is why i'm grateful to be such a winner... feels good
AlternativeAcc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:15 PM   #30
coin24
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
can't imagine the pain one would have to go through in order to bring themselves to take their own life. it's a basic human instinct to resist death at all costs

some people just ain't made for this world. it can be cruel, which is why i'm grateful to be such a winner... feels good

You win most alts and time spent on the Internet simon
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: