Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller number23's Avatar

Default Re: Noah, Durant and Oden

You just compared Durant to Morrison, youre retarted. He has a great all around game and hes a good kid. He isnt overhyped. Sorry.

And I like Oden alot too.

Id take Oden only because you cant find Centers like that anymore.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by GothamKnight
    Noah is WAY overrated

He's 22 years old btw. He will be a another Varejeo. Not a bad thing, but still. He won't be as good as Kurt Thomas imo

thank you, I can't stand watching him play. Just something about him. The way he acts after he makes a block or even scores a point. He always has to scream or yell, make some kind of "ME" statement, once Noah is in the NBA he's going to get Dominated.

he's so overrated it's not even funny. He has little offensive game from what I've seen, which isn't much but all I see him doing on SportsCenter is yelling and screaming like a little girl. Which is very annoying.

Plus him playing with FL helped him out, since he wasn't really asked to do too much.

I just can't wait till he's in the NBA, he'll be out so FAST, I hope at least hahaa

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade
    Co-Sign this, i think he has the potential to be as dominating as Shaq in the future.
    you should be banned for this post

Oden = tall
    Shaq = freak of nature

Quote Originally Posted by number23
    You just compared Durant to Morrison, youre retarted. He has a great all around game and hes a good kid. He isnt overhyped. Sorry.

And I like Oden alot too.

Id take Oden only because you cant find Centers like that anymore.
    First off, let me start by stating you spell retarded the way I just did, not "retarted" That's like saying "I'm a jeanius!" It just does you in.

Second off, I said he was a "better" Morrison, not exactly like him. Unless you have never watched Morrison play in college, you would agree with me that they have similar styles. They are both big men who have good jumpers, don't post up well, and play sub-par defense. Kevin Durant does not have a "great" all around game, just a good one. He has a terrific jumper, and is an average rebounder for his size. However, he isn't great posting up, doesn't play good defense, and isn't aggressive enough on defense. Conveniently, you overlooked my comparison to Rashard Lewis. This kid is going to be good, but again, he is no LeBron James.

Just stating that he isn't "overhyped" doesn't exactly convince me. He is a skinny freshman with a terrific jumper, that doesn't exactly translate into "superstar" He is going to be a kid that averages around 20 PPG and 7 RPG, I just don't see him tearing up the NBA, and averaging 30, 7, and 7 like LeBron, or even 30 at all.

I usually hit open layups GothamKnight's Avatar

Durant gets blocks and steals at least as far as defense goes and he's a very good rebounder.

He's something special imo. Kid just DOMINATED college as a freshman and you're comparing him to a white jumpshooter...

The Durant and Shard Lewis comparison is fair IMO. Very fair.

How the hell can Noah average only 2bpg in his prime

he can probably get those stats if he got 35 min in his rookie year; haslem plays nothing like noah, neither does thomas. Haslem and Thomas can shoot and they have no shotblocking abilities. Noah's post defense is no where as good as Haslem's and Thomas'. Here is a more feasible prime projection for noah:

14ppg 11rpg 3.0apg 2.7bpg 1.5spg .55fg%

all around beast
    Last edited by poorlilrich; 04-04-2007 at 04:56 AM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Yeah, I don't agree with these assessments; far from any actual truth in there. I go into it, but it's clear OP hasn't watched enough games from of any of the prospects.

TO those guys who think Noah is underrated and say he should average about double digits in points, why don't you check back on his COLLEGE stats. What makes you guys think he'll get that much........
    Toooooooooo overrated

The rest is fine

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacman
    TO those guys who think Noah is underrated and say he should average about double digits in points, why don't you check back on his COLLEGE stats. What makes you guys think he'll get that much........
    Toooooooooo overrated

The rest is fine
    12ppg. Horford is averaging 13. Not even that, players get better after college. Something you might not have realized.

Learning to shoot layups

I like your career stat lines, they make sense. Noah is over-rated he brings alot of enegry to the floors. He gets under my skin becuase he claps after a hard foul and gets to the line or screams. It is annoying. I do not think Durant is one-dimensional. I would compare him to the like of Josh Smith.

Not airballing my layups anymore Ghetto Phenom's Avatar

Oden is a MAN-CHILD. He's a freaking beast and should put up Dwight Howard-esque numbers after two-years of seasoning in the league. You can't teach grit, heart and monster defense like he has. You CAN teach post moves, hook shots and 10-15 foot jumpers like he needs to improve on offense.

He'll fly head and shoulders above the other two - especially Noah.

Banned

can someone explain to me why Noah is in this post along with the 2 greatest prospects to come out of college basketball since Melo? Noah's in the Tyson Chandler/current Kirilenko discussion, not in the future top 10 players discussion.

noah sucks ass!

Banned

Durant is going to be a force in the NBA by year 2. Oden needs to stay in college to gain experience and work on his post game, he has terrible footwork. But he will be good in the NBA, not Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing type but a little under that.

NOAH