Default Let's just talk about the Nuggets moving forward

What's their trajectory? What do the next few seasons look like?

Jokic and Nurkic are two of the better young big men in the NBA playing completely different styles, I mentioned in another thread they remind me of Pau and Marc Gasol, respectively.

Mudiay running the point at 19.

Harris, Barton, Gallo and Wilson Chandler (out for the season) gives them four well rounded wing players.

Lavergne is going to be a solid backup big man moving forward. I think he'll eventually take Darrell Arthur's spot.

Nuggets have four potential first round picks this upcoming draft, but I don't think they'll receive more than two of those (maybe, MAYBe three). They'll receive Houston's if the Rockets make the playoffs, Portland if the Blazers make the playoffs, then they have the more favorable of their own pick or the Knicks pick.

Could definitely see them making a move to land a guy they really want a la Simmons. Kroenke and Connelly have been talking about getting a star for a while now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to make a splash.

I think we're on the verge of seeing a new contender rise out West. Denver is young, talented and stocked with draft picks. I'll say playoffs in 2017, contention status in 2018.

Thoughts?

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Default Re: Let's just talk about the Nuggets moving forward

screwed for years since melo left. will continue to be screwed until they finally draft another superstar in the draft.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    What's their trajectory? What do the next few seasons look like?

Jokic and Nurkic are two of the better young big men in the NBA playing completely different styles, I mentioned in another thread they remind me of Pau and Marc Gasol, respectively.

Mudiay running the point at 19.

Harris, Barton, Gallo and Wilson Chandler (out for the season) gives them four well rounded wing players.

Lavergne is going to be a solid backup big man moving forward. I think he'll eventually take Darrell Arthur's spot.

Nuggets have four potential first round picks this upcoming draft, but I don't think they'll receive more than two of those (maybe, MAYBe three). They'll receive Houston's if the Rockets make the playoffs, Portland if the Blazers make the playoffs, then they have the more favorable of their own pick or the Knicks pick.

Could definitely see them making a move to land a guy they really want a la Simmons. Kroenke and Connelly have been talking about getting a star for a while now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to make a splash.

I think we're on the verge of seeing a new contender rise out West. Denver is young, talented and stocked with draft picks. I'll say playoffs in 2017, contention status in 2018.

Thoughts?

the land of mediocrity.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    screwed for years since melo left. will continue to be screwed until they finally draft another superstar in the draft.
    Screwed when he left? We were quite successful the years after he left.

Garbage just like before

not true at all. They've had multiple good seasons since then and if Gallo was healthy they would have had some really dangerous teams in the playoffs.

Shouldn't have traded Fournier

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    Screwed when he left? We were quite successful the years after he left.
    First round exits? Melo got them at least that every year he was there despite some pretty mediocre supporting casts

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    Garbage just like before

First round exits? Melo got them at least that every year he was there despite some pretty mediocre supporting casts
    Ok so with melo we lost in the first round. And without him we still lost in the first round (and won 57 games in a season).

So like I said, not screwed at all.