Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #121
Resurrection
Banned
 
Resurrection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 150
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J


An example of Kobe's great leadership skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZpWJtgvm5Q

Bynum has stated that Kobe's comments "motivated" him last summer and that he didn't take it personally whatsoever. Considering how much Bynum improved last year and how far the Lakers got....I'd call it great "leadership."

But then again, it's not quite the "leadership" of Jordan.....where he punches out teammates, calls them derogatory names and threatens them.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #122
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,924
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
I'm not denying that Wade and LeBron had better overall performance in the Olympics, but that's NOT the question here. We're talking about "leadership", specifically LeBron James....and how he DISAPPEARED in the most important game of the tournament.

No, we aren't. Leadership and a few minutes of clutch play are NOT the same things, and you are equating the two. I was showing how that logic is flawed by bringing up the Wade comparison. Performance isn't the exact same thing as leadership. You were saying that because Kobe stepped up for a few minutes late in the gold medal game, and Lebron wasn't that guy at that time, then that means Lebron wasn't the leader. That's flawed logic.

Just because Lebron wasn't that guy at that time (when the US wouldn't have kept the lead if not for his play in the first half), doesn't mean he wasn't a leader. It doesn't invalidate everything he did.

Quote:
You can talk all you want about being a leader and scream and act like an ass in practice and behind-the-scenes all you want. But if you don't deliver when it matters (4th quarter of a close Gold Medal game)...then your leadership ain't worth SH!T.

Your logic is so flawed it's actually amusing reading your mindless rants. Lebron's play in that same game was key in the US win. Just like Wade's play was key, and Kobe's play was key. NOT ONE PLAYER WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WIN. Kobe's play was a PART of why they won, not the only reason. And I will bring up again, if you are looking for a single player who was most responsible for that win, then Wade is right up there, and arguably more responsible, than Kobe. So your argument about Kobe being the main reason they won is just plain false. Your argument about Kobe being the only player to step up in the clutch is false.

Quote:
Talk is cheap. Show me results.

LeBron didn't. Kobe did.

Period.
LOL Lebron = first half, Kobe = few minutes in the 4th, Wade = entire game, including the real game winner.

The result is that Kobe's play wouldn't have meant jack if Lebron's contributions weren't there. Kobe's contributions might have been meaningless if not for Wade, and Spain made something happen after cutting the lead to just 4. IT WAS A TEAM EFFORT IN THE GOLD MEDAL GAME, AND KOBE WAS JUST PART OF THE REASON THEY WON, NOT THE ONLY REASON. For you to sit there and say Lebron didn't matter, or Wade didn't matter, is moronic. But that's to be expected with biased homers.

The FACT is that there were several leaders. Kidd and Lebron were the main leaders on and off the court. This has been stated by the players themselves. Stop being so defensive about Kobe not garnering praise all the time. Kobe wasn't the leader of the team, period.

Last edited by Showtime : 10-02-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #123
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It
 
ForceOfNature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,694
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

To you guys questioning the leadership on the team, were you there with the team in China, even in the pre-olympics? We're not actually there in the huddles, in the locker room and with the team so we don't know exactly what's going on. We don't actually know what Wade and Bryant were thinking when LeBron made these comments, because we're unsure of their true feelings on the issue. These guys' egos are not as big as you'd think though, they were all united in this front and were willing to sacrifice whatever it took because that's how badly they wanted to bring the gold back to the U.S. of A.

Having said that, I think LeBron did the best job vocally of taking a leadership role. And I don't see it as a negative point that he says in press conferences that he's the leader of the team, he really puts the pressure on himself in a way and I think that's good.

With that said, I think it was somewhat silly of him boasting that he lead Kobe Bryant like that.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #124
Resurrection
Banned
 
Resurrection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 150
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
The FACT is that there were several leaders. Kidd and Lebron were the main leaders on and off the court. This has been stated by the players themselves. Stop being so defensive about Kobe not garnering praise all the time. Kobe wasn't the leader of the team, period.

@ at you saying that Kobe wasn't a leader.

Being the best player in the world and the single player on that team whom EVERYONE defers to in clutch situations automatically makes you a leader, by default.

Leaders step up for their team when the game is on the line. Jordan did. Bird did. Magic did. Hakeem did. Almost EVERY leader in EVERY sport does this. This is what "leaders" do.

When it was time for LeBron to step-up and lead in the Gold Medal game, he didn't deliver. As a matter of FACT, he didn't even try or put himself in that situation. He was running away from the opportunity to lead because he was scared of failing.

He FAILED....like your posts.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #125
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er
 
glidedrxlr22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: lakers r done
Posts: 4,875
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Really a terrible thread. Leave it to some way-too-intense Kobe fan(s) to make something out of absolutely nothing.

I doubt Kobe was as offended as all his little fans were by the fact that LeBron knows how to be a leader.

Best post in this thread. Word! You've been repped.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #126
Resurrection
Banned
 
Resurrection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 150
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
With that said, I think it was somewhat silly of him boasting that he lead Kobe Bryant like that.

LeBron is an INSECURE idiot. He could have just mentioned (for the millionth time) that he lead "Team USA".....but he used Kobe Bryant's name for his own selfish promotion and hype.

LeBron James doesn't give a rats ass about anyone but HIMSELF. The city of Cleveland and Cavs fans will soon realize this when he jumps ship in a couple of years. Dude is a money-hungry, selfish scumbag.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #127
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It
 
ForceOfNature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,694
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
LeBron is an INSECURE idiot. He could have just mentioned (for the millionth time) that he lead "Team USA".....but he used Kobe Bryant's name for his own selfish promotion and hype.

LeBron James doesn't give a rats ass about anyone but HIMSELF. The city of Cleveland and Cavs fans will soon realize this when he jumps ship in a couple of years. Dude is a money-hungry, selfish scumbag.
I think you're going overboard with some of those comments, but I do think it was unnecessary to mention Bryant's name. Kobe's ego has actually seemed to have leveled down, if you will, from his younger days. If it had been the way it was, then we would have seen a power struggle between these two guys.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #128
BULLZ
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 418
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
LeBron is an INSECURE idiot. He could have just mentioned (for the millionth time) that he lead "Team USA".....but he used Kobe Bryant's name for his own selfish promotion and hype.

LeBron James doesn't give a rats ass about anyone but HIMSELF. The city of Cleveland and Cavs fans will soon realize this when he jumps ship in a couple of years. Dude is a money-hungry, selfish scumbag.


Hello fellow troll
BULLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #129
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,924
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
@ at you saying that Kobe wasn't a leader.

I didn't say Kobe wasn't a leader. I said he wasn't THE leader of the team.

Quote:
Being the best player in the world and the single player on that team whom EVERYONE defers to in clutch situations automatically makes you a leader, by default.

Sorry, but did you even watch the games? Kobe wasn't the default player who the team differed to in clutch situations. Often times, Kobe was shooting because he he chose to hog the ball. That's not the same thing as the players trusting Kobe and differing to him. Team USA also wasn't in clutch situations that often because they were blowing teams out, and when they were faced with a few clutch situations before this game, Kobe was missing shots and Lebron and Wade had to make plays. You must not have been watching very closely.

Quote:
Leaders step up for their team when the game is on the line. Jordan did. Bird did. Magic did. Hakeem did. Almost EVERY leader in EVERY sport does this. This is what "leaders" do.

And what you fail to recognize is that every other game, Lebron DID step up, and Kobe failed to execute. So was Kobe, at those times, NOT a leader? Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

And again, Wade stepped up too, so is he a leader too?

And I'm not even mentioning the epic fail of Kobe in the finals, where he clearly quit on his team in the deciding game. What a pathetic showing, which goes along with his other lackluster finals performances. How on earth can you describe Kobe along the same lines as Bird and Jordan?

Quote:
When it was time for LeBron to step-up and lead in the Gold Medal game, he didn't deliver. As a matter of FACT, he didn't even try or put himself in that situation. He was running away from the opportunity to lead because he was scared of failing.

lol so I guess he wasn't scared in every other game, and wasn't scared in the first half? I guess then that Kobe was scared in most of the other games previous to that because he didn't step up and make plays.

Quote:
He FAILED....like your posts.
He didn't fail, because if it wasn't for his play in the first half, Kobe's play wouldn't have mattered. Lebron's contributions MATTERED, and he helped win that game. Like it or not, that's the fact.

Last edited by Showtime : 10-02-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #130
aznboy2k2
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 397
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
You say he is awkward as ****. But, I think he has changed in that department quite a bit. Have you seen him on the Jimmy Kimmel show. He doesn't appear socially awkward at all, and I think this is one of his best interviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBugBu3I2Ik

And, you act like Kobe is the only player who has yelled at his teammates before. All great and competitive playes have done that before. It seems you are just looking for a reason to hate Kobe.

no. kobe bryant is awkward as ****. i dont give a **** if he had one good interview that he probably practiced and rehearsed whether over the phone or on the stage with kimmie.

post game conferences are the best indicated if a player is awkward or not.
aznboy2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #131
aznboy2k2
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 397
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
I guess you'd rather have Kobe be an INSECURE, ARROGANT **** and state that he's a "leader" every time a camera or a microphone is shoved in his face right?

What's funny is that you don't see anything wrong (and disrespectful) with what LeBron said....BUT had those same comments come from Kobe instead, you'd be the first one in line bashing him for it.

First off. Kobe wouldn't say stuff like that because he knows its not true.
And it's just not LEBRON that saying hes the leader. It seems like its everybody else on the team. Go look at the team USA videos. Go look at the photos. Tell me who makes the team a team. Who creates the chemistry?


Kobe made the other girl bleed.
Your throat has to hurt. =/
aznboy2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #132
aznboy2k2
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 397
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Bynum has stated that Kobe's comments "motivated" him last summer and that he didn't take it personally whatsoever. Considering how much Bynum improved last year and how far the Lakers got....I'd call it great "leadership."

But then again, it's not quite the "leadership" of Jordan.....where he punches out teammates, calls them derogatory names and threatens them.

"I'd rather play on pluto... then play with the Lakers"

That must have motivated the team too huh? Cute. I like that.
aznboy2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #133
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,437
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
no. kobe bryant is awkward as ****. i dont give a **** if he had one good interview that he probably practiced and rehearsed whether over the phone or on the stage with kimmie.

post game conferences are the best indicated if a player is awkward or not.


Why do you think he is awkward? Do you have any pictures/videos to back up your assertions?

You think him being 'awkward' means he is not capable of being a good leader; so if the Lakers make it to the Finals and win, you won't give him any credit for his leadership?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #134
aznboy2k2
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 397
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Why do you think he is awkward? Do you have any pictures/videos to back up your assertions?

You think him being 'awkward' means he is not capable of being a good leader; so if the Lakers make it to the Finals and win, you won't give him any credit for his leadership?

.....

I'm not even gonna reply to this. Kobe is awkward as ****. Period.
He can't even do radio furniture commercials right.
aznboy2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #135
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,113
Default Re: "If I can go out and lead Kobe Bryant..." - Lebron James

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboy2k2
"I'd rather play on pluto... then play with the Lakers"

That must have motivated the team too huh? Cute. I like that.

it got mgmt off its ass to get something done. next thing ya know...Gasol.

Kobe's post-season rant was the best thing to happen to that franchise since, well, getting Phil to return. While we cannot credit Kobe entirely for the personnel improvement, he certainly motivated management. Can't really blame him, either, when his STARTERS were Kwame Brown, Luke Walton, and Smush Parker!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

Las Vegas NBA Summer League

FIBA World Cup Basketball

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy