Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-30-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
HalphbreedBaller
I rule the local playground

Default The New jersey nets forum is starting to Worrie about The Raptors!!! HAHAHA

Here is the link post your thoughts if u like....

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27448

There is a little bit of fan trash talking going on in there...
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Default Re: The New jersey nets forum is starting to Worrie about The Raptors!!! HAHAHA

They should be worried about us. We have a better shot at the division then tehy do IMO. Even if we don't win it this year, there is no way that NJ will win next year. The division will be ours for years to come.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Default Re: The New jersey nets forum is starting to Worrie about The Raptors!!! HAHAHA

Well to be fair, we're worried too. Or atleast I am. It's a close race, who wouldn't be worried?

The only way we're not worried is if we know there's a spot for us in the lower seeds of the playoffs and that could start to close anytime soon.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Yeah I am worried about NJ too. They are our competition for the division. I just don't see the Knicks competing so that only leaves NJ. It is going to be a close race this year but the next couple of years I think the division will be ours to lose.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Yeah I am worried about NJ too. They are our competition for the division. I just don't see the Knicks competing so that only leaves NJ. It is going to be a close race this year but the next couple of years I think the division will be ours to lose.

shut up stutter face! The Knicks ARE competing! They are like 3 games back!

j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 PM   #6
PicturePerfect13
I usually hit open layups

Both the Nets and the Knicks will push us down the stretch, but I think the Nets are our only competition for the division title. I'm not saying the Knicks won't win but the Nets have a better chance than they do. Although the Knicks could bump us out of the playoffs if they can step their play up and take the eighth seed, if the Nets can surge ahead of us. I don't see that happening though. If we don't make the playoffs, neither will the Knicks.
PicturePerfect13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:02 AM   #7
power works
Serious playground baller

I'm not worried.

It's only a matter of time before Wince and/or J-Kidd get traded. That team is destined to be rebuilt maybe starting as early as this trade deadline.

If you look at their last 2 wins, they barely beat Utah without Boozer and Kirilenko.

They also beat a Denver team coming off a back-to-back. Not impressed.

Starting tomorrow against the Wiz we get TJ back, plus the Wiz won't have Jamison. So we play the Wiz coming off a back-to-back without one of their primary guys. Looks good.

As for the Knicks, they should be in the WNBA.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #8
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
shut up stutter face! The Knicks ARE competing! They are like 3 games back!

I know that they are competting right now. I just don't think that they will be able to keep up. I actually hope they can make a push for the division. It will make the games that much more interesting.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
I'm not worried.

It's only a matter of time before Wince and/or J-Kidd get traded. That team is destined to be rebuilt maybe starting as early as this trade deadline.

If you look at their last 2 wins, they barely beat Utah without Boozer and Kirilenko.

They also beat a Denver team coming off a back-to-back. Not impressed.

Starting tomorrow against the Wiz we get TJ back, plus the Wiz won't have Jamison. So we play the Wiz coming off a back-to-back without one of their primary guys. Looks good.

As for the Knicks, they should be in the WNBA.

so you're saying you guys cant win the division unless Vince or JKidd get traded?

Utah did have AK47 btw. i know all you loved that 35 footer by Vince. Looks like the whole team is playing with high emotion and energy now.

Anytime you can beat a healthy denver team it sounds pretty good.

look at your schedule. The last good team you guys beat beside washington was indiana all the way back in november
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
HalphbreedBaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
so you're saying you guys cant win the division unless Vince or JKidd get traded?

Utah did have AK47 btw. i know all you loved that 35 footer by Vince. Looks like the whole team is playing with high emotion and energy now.

Anytime you can beat a healthy denver team it sounds pretty good.

look at your schedule. The last good team you guys beat beside washington was indiana all the way back in november

Oh come on you know we have a better team than you do...and we are younger...(And here in toronto we have T-shirts that spell out who Vince Carter AKA VC AKA Wince AKA Half man half amazing.....We call him Half Man Half A Season)

Haven't you noticed what we have seen all along...

When he gets hurt he looks like he's going to Die
and he sometimes looks like he doesn't even want to be on the court...just shooting jump shots....It takes major Trade rumours in New Jersey for him to dropp 40 points...or a game winner...
Vince just does not have it in him to be the man to take a team to the next level because he is to selfish and does not care about the game Period...

And yes he's a highlight reel....but that is as much you'll get out of him in one season is a whole bunch of highlights....

but no one takes him seriously anymore not even the GM's in this League...

By the way I do think very highly about Jason kidd he diserves to go to a contender....and RJ he's gonna be good if he can stay healthy...Marcus williams will be good too....but other than that tell me why the nets are better and going to be better in the future than the Raptors...?

Yes they have yet to beat a Title contending team but once it happens look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Oh now look what you did..
All the very angry atlantic divsion fans in one thread..
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #12
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Knicks are taking the division, Bargnani is not the ROY, Mike James is better than TJ Ford, you guys shouldve kept V, especially after all that time you spent arguing tht he is better than Frye(he is)
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:18 PM   #13
HalphbreedBaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Knicks are taking the division, Bargnani is not the ROY, Mike James is better than TJ Ford, you guys shouldve kept V, especially after all that time you spent arguing tht he is better than Frye(he is)

NY has no hope PERIOD!
Old 01-31-2007, 10:16 PM   #14
HalphbreedBaller

Raptors Win...and are now in 1st place again...

Nets & Knick Loose!!!

Here is just one of those wins that came against the best team in the east!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:22 PM   #15
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

alrite i'll give you guys that game. played well. especially bosh and calderon. now lets see if you guys can beat a good team besides the wiz
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: