Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-01-2007, 08:58 AM   #16
power works
Serious playground baller

Default Re: The New jersey nets forum is starting to Worrie about The Raptors!!! HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
so you're saying you guys cant win the division unless Vince or JKidd get traded?

Utah did have AK47 btw. i know all you loved that 35 footer by Vince. Looks like the whole team is playing with high emotion and energy now.

Anytime you can beat a healthy denver team it sounds pretty good.

look at your schedule. The last good team you guys beat beside washington was indiana all the way back in november

Iím saying that by the trade deadline you guys will be so far behind us, the only logical option you have is to blow the team up. And itís all the more sweeter that the Raps are the cause of it. There's no greater feeling than sending Wince to the lottery. It's inevitable. In a month or two the Nets will fade into insignificance, just like Wince's career as a Raptor.

But, hey at least you're back home and gave it to the Pistons last night....NOT!
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #17
huppcap
Local High School Star

Default Re: The New jersey nets forum is starting to Worrie about The Raptors!!! HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
shut up stutter face! The Knicks ARE competing! They are like 3 games back!

4 back now!
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #18
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Knicks are taking the division, Bargnani is not the ROY, Mike James is better than TJ Ford, you guys shouldve kept V, especially after all that time you spent arguing tht he is better than Frye(he is)

How is Mike James better than TJ Ford?

Ford's and Charlie V are having similiar years as they did last year statistically. Both have had injuries. So how can you say Charlie V should have been kept. I like him but your comments have no validation. And it's about what is better for the team. The Raptors had enough players that play Charlie V's position.

By the way without Mike James and Charlie V the Raptors' defense is better and they have a far better record than last year at this point. They are 4 wins away from their win total last season.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #19
Gregsguys
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
4 back now!

Excellent article today on either ESPN.com or CBSSportsline.com about the best offseason moves .of course the trade for TJ was on there with a 'looked bad at the time but worked out great'...
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:56 PM   #20
Gregsguys
Dunking on everybody in the park

Checked out the Nets forum, absolutely useless not worth the time to go over. IQ's of 70 or less ONLY.
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #21
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by power works
Iím saying that by the trade deadline you guys will be so far behind us, the only logical option you have is to blow the team up. And itís all the more sweeter that the Raps are the cause of it. There's no greater feeling than sending Wince to the lottery. It's inevitable. In a month or two the Nets will fade into insignificance, just like Wince's career as a Raptor.

But, hey at least you're back home and gave it to the Pistons last night....NOT!

Whether the Nets or Raptors or both end up making the playoffs the Nets have to make a decision soon about Carter. Do they try to trade him and I mean try since how many teams want a loaf like Carter (athetically he may be better than Kobe Bryant and one of the best in that category in the league but he does not bring it every night like Kobe or some of the other true competitors). A team who wants to dump salary may want him if they truly believe he will walk from the contract at season end ie. they will trade to get him by giving the Nets another loaf. The Nets probably would like draft picks for Carter but I can't see them getting any for him. So maybe they just let him walk and his salary his off their books at the end of the season. I don't know how positive it is for the Nets salary cap wise since Kidd and Jefferson and Jason Collins (am I useless at $6mil or what?) take up a big chunk already if they just let Carter go. I can't see Carter being in New Jersey next year especially if the fans continue to boo him. Besides he wants to be in warmer weather.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #22
Hoopeful
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Knicks are taking the division, Bargnani is not the ROY, Mike James is better than TJ Ford, you guys shouldve kept V, especially after all that time you spent arguing tht he is better than Frye(he is)

Wow, I never saw a guy be wrong so many times using so few words? Just try to find someone up here that would want Mike James back. As for Charlie V. - a class act - but with Bargnani coming in and developing into a superstar in 2-3 years - getting a good point guard for Charlie V. was not a bad move (even if Calderon is better).

I actually think the Knicks will be close to the Raptors and the Nets at the end of the season but predicting that the Knicks will take it is quite a stretch. Even though all three will continue to lose their share of games, if we can ignore the rest of the league looking down their noses at the Atlantic and focus on that one guaranteed playoff spot, it should be a fun 3-way race to the finish. I'm looking forward to it.
Hoopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #23
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopeful
Wow, I never saw a guy be wrong so many times using so few words? Just try to find someone up here that would want Mike James back. As for Charlie V. - a class act - but with Bargnani coming in and developing into a superstar in 2-3 years - getting a good point guard for Charlie V. was not a bad move (even if Calderon is better).

I actually think the Knicks will be close to the Raptors and the Nets at the end of the season but predicting that the Knicks will take it is quite a stretch. Even though all three will continue to lose their share of games, if we can ignore the rest of the league looking down their noses at the Atlantic and focus on that one guaranteed playoff spot, it should be a fun 3-way race to the finish. I'm looking forward to it.

He goes by the name of brwnman and post he regularly.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #24
stoopidraptor
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
alrite i'll give you guys that game. played well. especially bosh and calderon. now lets see if you guys can beat a good team besides the wiz

We beat um.... New Jersey right!!... no scrap that...you said a good team... okay, the Raps are heading out west...they will beat Sacramento....now don't tell me this ain't a good team...they beat the Nets...didn't they??
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:35 AM   #25
HalphbreedBaller
I rule the local playground

Raptors 2 Games up on New Jersey!!!!!

Im going to the Clippers game on Sunday....

Who's gonna watch that game???
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:58 PM   #26
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Raptors 2 Games up on New Jersey!!!!!

Im going to the Clippers game on Sunday....

Who's gonna watch that game???

I'll definetly be watching. I wonder if Jerz Nets thinks that the Clipps are a good team? I have started to realize that if we beat a team that means they aren't good according to him at least.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #27
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

lets take a look at your February wins-
Hawks- suck
Washington
Bucks- basically raps vs. bogut
Boston
Philly- suck
Kings- last in pacific
Bobcats- suck
Hornets- no paul
Boston
Washington

besides washington you have beaten any good teams. see my point we'll see how you guys do when the schedule gets tough
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #28
craigthomasb
College star

a wins a win
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #29
HalphbreedBaller
I rule the local playground

Hey Raptor Fans look out for Jack Armstrongs Hello T-Shirts at the Clippers game today...

Here's what I mean>>>>>

For the past couple of weeks while watching Toronto Raptor games Chuck Swirsky has been promoting Raptor ticket packs and calling them Salami and Cheese Packs.

When you purchase a pack you get a free Salami and Cheese T-Shirt.

And for those who donít know Chuck says ďBring out the salami and cheese mama this ball game is over!!Ē when ever the raptors look to be winning the game.

So what I did is make Jack Armstrong HELLO!! T-Shirt to bring some friendly camaraderie fun between the two of them, to be shown at the next Sportsnet Raptors Broadcast on Feb 4th

If you want to get one of the T-shirts from Todays Game message me and let me know??

leave me messages in this Post???
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #30
Student
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Hey Raptor Fans look out for Jack Armstrongs Hello T-Shirts at the Clippers game today...

Here's what I mean>>>>>

For the past couple of weeks while watching Toronto Raptor games Chuck Swirsky has been promoting Raptor ticket packs and calling them Salami and Cheese Packs.

When you purchase a pack you get a free Salami and Cheese T-Shirt.

And for those who donít know Chuck says ďBring out the salami and cheese mama this ball game is over!!Ē when ever the raptors look to be winning the game.

So what I did is make Jack Armstrong HELLO!! T-Shirt to bring some friendly camaraderie fun between the two of them, to be shown at the next Sportsnet Raptors Broadcast on Feb 4th

If you want to get one of the T-shirts from Todays Game message me and let me know??

leave me messages in this Post???

Saw the HELLO shirt very nice, although I think Chuck needs XtraXtraSmall
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: