Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Default Wormhole Time Machine Our 'Best Bet' For Backwards Travel Says Scientist

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_3834944.html
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Default Re: Wormhole Time Machine Our 'Best Bet' For Backwards Travel Says Scientist

Having hollow bones and growing feathers is the 'best bet' for humans being able to fly without mechancal aid.

I dont see it happenin tho.

Backwards time travel is absolutely not possible. I hate to use absolutes but this is one of the few topics one can with legitimacy. It aint gonna happen. It cant happen.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
macmac
Gov'n

Default Re: Wormhole Time Machine Our 'Best Bet' For Backwards Travel Says Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
Having hollow bones and growing feathers is the 'best bet' for humans being able to fly without mechancal aid.

Backwards time travel is absolutely not possible. I hate to use absolutes but this is one of the few topics one can with legitimacy. It aint gonna happen. It cant happen.

And if it does end up happening, you can always go back in time and edit this post. So you're pretty much free rolling with this statement
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
sick_brah07
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnax1
Our best bet is that we wont do it I think.

this

who the hell funds this shit lol
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
Orlando Magic
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Agreed.

And it can't happen because time doesn't exist. There is simply existence/the present. That's it.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
b1imtf
raep tiem

Allah Akbar
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #7
OldSkoolball#52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
And if it does end up happening, you can always go back in time and edit this post. So you're pretty much free rolling with this statement

But if Im destined to come back and edit it accordingly in the future... It'd already be done.
OldSkoolball#52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
Take Your Lumps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

Quote:
According to a report by LiveScience, Eric W. Davis, of the EarthTech International Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin, argues that these passageways through space-time might be passable.

*googles EarthTech*

http://www.earthtech.org

Redirects to site hawking prescription drugs.

Seems legit.

EDIT: hah, looks like they fixed it

Last edited by Take Your Lumps : 08-30-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Quote:
But if Im destined to come back and edit it accordingly in the future... It'd already be done.

Glad to see someone recognizes the flaws of most people's perception of time travel.

I guess the argument someone could put up is that we are currently living the path that leads to time travel. You are essentially saying that you have already lived this time and that it is continuous. You're pretty much implying we are not the first copies of ourselves. For instance, you haven't reached the part of the timeline where you now have the opportunity to travel backward in time; therefore, the post hasn't been altered.
Does that make sense? Maybe we haven't seen the affect because we are the first versions of ourselves. Our duplicates have not yet been created because we are the first to be experiencing this time. Once we reach the point where time travel is accessible, we will then go back and alter what we can, but only our past versions will experience the alterations.

Damn. This was a long, dorky post just to say, "I agree with you, but how do we know we aren't the current versions of ourselves (w/out there being future versions yet because we haven't experienced the future yet) who will eventually have an opportunity to change the past versions of ourselves?"
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:

Not in this universe, friend-o
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #11
CeltsGarlic
Uday Hussein

never diss LSD tho
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:46 AM   #12
I<3NBA
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
who the hell funds this shit lol
any rich guy who wants to change the past can, and might.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #13
CeltsGarlic
Uday Hussein

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Not in this universe, friend-o

Same place, in my opinion, just different dimensions.

edit
which basically change the universe, so I guess youre right..
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: