Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-11-2006, 12:17 AM   #16
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Very good NBA starter

Marbury >> Tj ford

Nate Robinson >> Jose Calderon

Mardy Collins > Alvin "pffF" williams
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:46 AM   #17
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Marbury >> Tj ford

Marbury is a better all around player than TJ, and is physically stronger, but he's a ****in douche, and I wouldn't want him on my team no matter how much we sucked.

All Nate Robinson can do is Dunk. Calderon isn't great either, but he can distribute the ball and he's more athletic than people give him credit for.

Alvin Williams, pre-injury, was better than Mardy Collins will ever be. Collins is playing like a ****ing tool in summerleague.

Also, the Knicks suck. But it's not your fault. It's Isiah's fault, and the player's fault.

Don't come in our board and ****ing make us put up with this bull****. If you don't like what were saying go tell someone else. This is our board, we can do whatever the **** we want. We don't flame your boards with bull****, and beleive me theres a lot we can say about the Knicks, but we just aren't as childish as you.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:56 AM   #18
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Marbury >> Tj ford

Just leave the Raptor board.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:13 AM   #19
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Very good NBA starter

pfff nate scored 37 on allen iverson..whats the most calderon scored..you know nothing about new york soo shhhh, and mardy collins is and will always be better then alvin williams
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:35 AM   #20
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
pfff nate scored 37 on allen iverson..whats the most calderon scored..you know nothing about new york soo shhhh, and mardy collins is and will always be better then alvin williams

Yeah I actually know a fair amount about the Knicks. I also know he scored 34 points against the Sixers, and that Iverson did not guard him the entire game. Stats aside, I still rather Calderon on any team. Nate's an extremely small 2 guard who will blow up 1 or 2 games per season. Calderon will be (he isn't yet) a steady PG who distributes the ball at a very high level. He may never be a starter (and your kidding yourself if you think Nate will be), but he'll be solid.

And a side note, Calderon's career high was 20, against JKidd, one of those point guards who will "own" TJ Ford. I'd also like to point out he had a 13 assist game against the Wizards, and a few ocassions where he had 3 steals. He will never average anything close to those numbers, ever, but I'm just making the comparasin that even though Nate can score 34 on a ****ty team, he isn't the only one who can blow up the stat sheet every now and then.

And about the Alvin thing, we'll have to wait and see on it, but I guarentee you Mardy Collins will never have the career Alvin had. The comparasin is stupid anyway because Alvin will probaly never play another game in the NBA.

Last edited by Chamberlain : 07-11-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:42 AM   #21
Jalen5
Serious playground baller

Marbury is a good player, he's just not a winner which is a shame!
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #22
Oakley34
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
and mardy collins is and will always be better then alvin williams

Make fun of T.J all you want, nobody knows how he will turn out as a raptor but leave Alvin Williams out of it. He has proven himself in the NBA on so many levels, a solid starting pg, great teamate, heart, hustle and a passion for the game. If marbury had half his passion and care for the team maybe he wouldn't get abused on every msg board.

For future reference you don't go there on Alvin Williams, for raptors fans it's like a cruel joke about your hospitalized mother.
Oakley34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #23
T-Low
College superstar

I know Nate Robinson is a 5'9" guy, but Iguodala should have won that dunk competition in my opinion. To whoever is saying **** against the raps, HE JUMPED OVER A 5 FOOT GUY...I can honestly step over one . Iguodala pulled everything out of the bag. This guy should have won the dunk competition. How many times did it take Nate Robinson to pull off his first 2 dunks? Calderon dished the ball amazingly. Nate Robinson was a ball hog most of the season just like the rest of the team. Get a team that will actually win. Or a better GM...the only time I remember Isaih Thomas being good as a GM was when he was in TORONTO!

Anyways, Alvin Williams had the pull back jumper that would always break ankles. Whoever this Mardy dude is, HE SUCKS. Alvin Williams did what he could for this team and put his body on the line.

And as for TJ Ford against Marbury....a real point guard knows how to distribute the ball....Marbury is supposed to be a franchise player, he should make his team win but look, there are like four franchise type players on the kinck and they have one of the worst records in the league. You gotta look at it all....don't look at the stats on paper, look at the play of the game...believe me, once this year is over, you will regret that you said that for the Raps will be in the playoffs...

Last edited by T-Low : 07-11-2006 at 10:37 AM.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:31 AM   #24
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

when I said abuse I did not mean DOMINATE, TURN TJ INTO A BENCH SCRUB STAT LINE, TAKE HIM OUT OF HIS GAME

i simply meant because of his smaller and thinner stature, the bigger and stronger PGs in Kidd, Marbs and Francis, not to mention the flashier AI, and... well guess Celts have no one...

but yeah Ford will have a run for his money.

(btw, Kidd shoots a lot of 3s yes... but when given a smaller PG, Kidd will post up to initiate the offense, or even go for jump hooks. it's happened vs Milwaukee before)
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:31 PM   #25
InsideRaptors
Not airballing my layups anymore

Pape Sow>Renaldo....Balkman??

Knicks are a JOKE
InsideRaptors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #26
machi
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
(btw, Kidd shoots a lot of 3s yes... but when given a smaller PG, Kidd will post up to initiate the offense, or even go for jump hooks. it's happened vs Milwaukee before)

Yeah, that's a good point. Remember, TJ is only 6 feet tall, and Kidd's 6'4. quiet a bit of size diff btw the two, JKidd can post him up all day. I think that TJ will be able to handle the smaller PG's next year, but have problems with the big and quick PG's (ie Kidd, Marbury, Baron Davis <-providing that he actually plays).
machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #27
Too_Cool
I rule the local playground

Why even listen to some dumb ass Knick fan, Let him keep talking, I'm happy with laughing at him and the whole knicks organization as they will be annual lottery players for the next 5 years.

Last edited by Too_Cool : 07-11-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #28
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

I know that Tj will have some troubles guarding the bigger point guards in the league. He won't be able to handle Kidd or AI. By the way what one player in the league can handle AI by himself? However Kidd will have some troubles guarding Tj because of his speed. I am not taking anything away from Kidd who was a great defender in his younger days. He just won't be able to keep up. On both ends of the floor it will be mis-matches.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #29
Oakley34
Learning to shoot layups

Bucks fans had a thread about the good and bad of T.J. Here is the best one i found that sumarized the consensus. Probably better judgement then raptors fans who only watched him a few times a season.

"The good: He showed flashes of being a truly elite point guard, especially the first week of the season. At his best, he was running the show, penetrating and kicking, and rebounding amazingly well for a guy his height. One of the fastest players in the league, and best passers. By default, he's a top 5 point guard, since there are barely more true point guards than that in today's NBA.

The bad: His attitude is a little messed up, and he doesn't understand his limitations (the fact that he can't shoot or finish layups). We could never figure out why he seemed to understand the game better, and how to play point guard during his rookie season than last year. Maybe because he spent so much time in the offseason "perfecting" his jump shot, he thought he should display it more during games? His effort was very suspect at times, and he had to be benched a couple times for the sake of motivation. Once got frusterated and decided not to come to the defensive side of the floor for an entire 15 second possession. No matter how good he becomes, he's still 5'11".
Old 07-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #30
Oakley34
Learning to shoot layups

Bucks fans had a thread about the good and bad of T.J. Here is the best one i found that sumarized the consensus. Probably better judgement then raptors fans who only watched him a few times a season.

"The good: He showed flashes of being a truly elite point guard, especially the first week of the season. At his best, he was running the show, penetrating and kicking, and rebounding amazingly well for a guy his height. One of the fastest players in the league, and best passers. By default, he's a top 5 point guard, since there are barely more true point guards than that in today's NBA.

The bad: His attitude is a little messed up, and he doesn't understand his limitations (the fact that he can't shoot or finish layups). We could never figure out why he seemed to understand the game better, and how to play point guard during his rookie season than last year. Maybe because he spent so much time in the offseason "perfecting" his jump shot, he thought he should display it more during games? His effort was very suspect at times, and he had to be benched a couple times for the sake of motivation. Once got frusterated and decided not to come to the defensive side of the floor for an entire 15 second possession. No matter how good he becomes, he's still 5'11".
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: