Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #16
Loco 50
Good High School Starter

Default Re: 4 things from Brent Barry in increasing order of how much they entertained me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I did. And I always liked his game. I like people who stand out as unusual. Brent Barry didnt move like most people. Hard to put in words but its kinda like Walt Williams or Manu....people who just moved...differently.

He was crafty like he had an old man game....but was still athletic.

Yes, old man game with seemingly a natural born rhythm for the game. Sees the pass/cut before it happens. Knows when to shoot and when it's his shot, all with a dribble that just flowed to an inaudible beat that only some can hear.

Reminds me of Smitty, sans the post-game, another one of my favorite players.

Fvck, this thread has me all nostalgic missing the old days now.....
Loco 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #17
AirFederer
WIND DEFENDER

Default Re: 4 things from Brent Barry in increasing order of how much they entertained me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco 50
When Manu and Barry were on the floor together, magic happened.

That shit was so much fun to watch. Barry was just as good a passer but less risky than Manu. Safer ballhandler, wouldn't try to split a double team for no reason. Wouldn't try to nutmeg someone for no reason....just got shit done and was actually a better 3 point shooter.

Same skill set, just much less catastrophic and slightly less impactful at the same time, but someone you could be sure wouldn't foul on a breakaway dunk with a 3 pt lead game smarts.

The people that got mad at you didn't know what they were talking about.

He was Manu lite.

He and Boris Diaw are two of the most slept on players I've ever watched.

It's like, if someone you know respects/admires Barry's or Diaw's game, you know they understand the true beauty of the sport.

Great post
AirFederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:02 AM   #18
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco 50
When Manu and Barry were on the floor together, magic happened.

That shit was so much fun to watch. Barry was just as good a passer but less risky than Manu. Safer ballhandler, wouldn't try to split a double team for no reason. Wouldn't try to nutmeg someone for no reason....just got shit done and was actually a better 3 point shooter.

Same skill set, just much less catastrophic and slightly less impactful at the same time, but someone you could be sure wouldn't foul on a breakaway dunk with a 3 pt lead game smarts.

The people that got mad at you didn't know what they were talking about.

He was Manu lite.

He and Boris Diaw are two of the most slept on players I've ever watched.

It's like, if someone you know respects/admires Barry's or Diaw's game, you know they understand the true beauty of the sport.

I think my all time team of players like that(not counting all time elite guys) would be along the lines of:

Rondo/Mark Jackson
Manu/Brent Barry
Walt Williams
Chris Webber/Diaw
Sabonis/Vlade

Id love to watch that team operate.

I might try to sneak Scola on there too. And either Andre Miller or Sam Cassell. Keep Walter hermann as a towel waver getting cleanup minutes.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: