Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Dr.Seinfeld

Default *Sigh* So This Is Pretty Much It

Kidd is gonna be dealt soon, we all realize this, but is this it for our team?

Where will he go, who will we get?

The are all answers that are gonna be dealt with in the coming weeks.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
Chuck Thou NBA
That's Turr'ble

Default Re: *Sigh* So This Is Pretty Much It

Let's see your hot sister to make us feel better. Or better it let me see your nice living room picture handsome man.
Chuck Thou NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year

The Denver trade isn't going to happen and neither is the Houston trade so pretty much that leaves Los Angeles and Dallas. For a deal to be considered L.A. would have to include Odom or Dallas would have to include one of their Point Guards.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:40 AM   #4
gigantes
   

i think the more likely question is- what if there's no trade... how bad does the atmosphere get on the nets?

do they work things out and get back to being a decent team, or does it just get uglier and uglier until game 82 is mercifully over?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
whaley82
Dunking on everybody in the park

I just read on the rumors page about this trade what do you guys thinkg?

Drew Gooden, Larry Huges,Daniel Gibson, and maybe Sasha for Jason Kidd....I kinda like that trade, we cant get Verajo(spelling) becuase it wont be past 90 days since we was signed when the trade deadline comes.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #6
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82

Drew Gooden, Larry Huges,Daniel Gibson, and maybe Sasha for Jason Kidd....I kinda like that trade, we cant get Verajo(spelling) becuase it wont be past 90 days since we was signed when the trade deadline comes.

I would like that trade except NO LARRY HUGHES! We don't need his bad contract and 35% shooting. I wouldn't mind getting Harris in a deal the more I think of it but no Jerry Stackhouse. Harris would be a good fit though because he isn't a point guard who would need the ball all the time and Vince likes to run the offense at times so that could work.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Quote:

I don't think the Cavs are willing to give up that much. Teams are offering us nothing but crap, and it's almost insulting, because they know that they are a few pieces away from the title and Kidd may be their one way ticket there. I'm shocked that they are not trying harder to get Kidd. Maybe it's all in their plan to look disinterested so that the Nets seem to be the more desperate team and make a bad decision. I know that beggars can't be choosers, but c'mon, show a little decency. Don't offer us a bunch of useless scrubs and expect to get Jason Kidd in return.

I have a bad feeling that Kidd is going to stay. It's already almost February, and there are no good deals out there.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
whaley82

The thing is Lebron is stating that he wants to play with Kidd, and the organization knows that if they dont keep Lebron happy come time for an extension he might say no if he doesnt have the right pieces but if he has Kidd on his team that could be different. So Lebron could have a lot of pressure on them to make a trade for Kidd and that Might be the trade there.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #9
gigantes
   

Quote:
The thing is Lebron is stating that he wants to play with Kidd, and the organization knows that if they dont keep Lebron happy come time for an extension he might say no if he doesnt have the right pieces but if he has Kidd on his team that could be different. So Lebron could have a lot of pressure on them to make a trade for Kidd and that Might be the trade there.
that's a very good point IMO. i've heard legends about how much power lebron has in that org.

assuming the salaries can be matched up, i would think the cavs should be able to make that trade work. they have a bunch of good but flawed players that there's no reason to hang on to if they have a chance to snag a jason kidd.

examples- big Z, hughes, varejo, gooden, pavlovich... all good players but nothing particularly special about them.

thorn knows he's not going to get equal value, but he should take consolation in splitting up $20mil of salary into smaller parts and getting something decent back in return. after that, if he can somehow find a way to dump carter's salary then the nets have a free, clear and reasonably bright future, i.e. one semi-franchise player to build around, a few kids with nice potential, good lottery position for next year and lots of cap space.

this is really the first time i can see a trade scenerio that makes sense for both sides.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
whaley82

Yeah and even with us taking Huges and Gooden, no they dont expirer this year but I do believe they expire in 2-3 years, Which is when our Younges will be needing more money and be playing at a higher level. And those guys can help us right now and maybe theyres other teams that will want either of those players in the summer that we could trade them for.....2 players with 8 mil each are easier to trade than 1 old HOF worth 20 mil.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #11
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
In the proposed trade, Dallas and Portland would send the Nets a package that includes the Mavs' Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse and Blazers forwards Travis Outlaw and Channing Frye and guard Jarrett Jack. Mavericks point guard Devin Harris would be sent to Portland. Along with Kidd, the Nets would send reserve forward Malik Allen and center Jamaal Magloire to Dallas.

The Nets would also receive at least one future No. 1 pick and cash. It's expected that New Jersey would work a buyout with Stackhouse and allow him to be a free agent. Other players could be included to balance the exchange of contracts.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

That's not too bad at all.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:37 AM   #12
gigantes
   

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200..._for_jaso.html
Quote:
Unfortunately, Cleveland doesn't really have anything appealing to offer, unless you think Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes and Anderson Varejao, who is out for three or four weeks with a sprained ankle, are comparable to Kidd.
%@#%^%$^&$!@#@!@!

wtf is wrong with gooden and varejao, with that fruitloop hughes thrown in there?

if gooden or hughes doesn't work out, the salary is dumpable soon, no?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:33 AM   #13
whaley82

I like this trade as well with Portland and Mavericks, We dumb off two big men that dont do that much for us and we get some young players, and wed buy Jerry out and Im not sure what we would do with George is he expiring soon? And if we can get a first round pick would be amazing and if this is the trade their talking I say Thorn pull the trigger now its the best trade for Jason we are ever going to get at this point.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #14
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year

If Varejao becomes a Net I will never watch this team again. Besides Varejao can't be traded until the summer because he signed late. Also why would we take Hughes bad contract just for the sake of trading Kidd?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #15
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year

He isn't going to the Cavs for that load of trash. I think the best deal is that 3 way with Portland and Dallas, and if that article I posted has the correct info, thorn should just go ahead and pull the trigger.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: