Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #16
T-Low
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
TJ and Bosh, Wade and Charlie have really no leadership capabilities, like on the Heat i think of Shaq more as the team leader, and TJ has shown that he cares about the raptors and I think he'd be a good leader which is what the Raptors have been lacking

what does that first quote mean then?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:25 PM   #17
lebron_zoom
Serious playground baller

They arent the leader for the team, Shaq is the leader, I think that a team with shaq and no wade would do better than a team with no shaq and wade
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #18
T-Low
College superstar

Are you kidding me? Yeah, Shaq is a great player but Wade's best talents have lied when he actually does it on his own, he is the one who feeds everybody the assists, he is the one that gets the locker room pepped, he has it all. he also has been in Miami longer. Wade has been in the league long enough to know how to lead a team. A person can't be traded to a team and off the bat expected to lead the team. Wade had the team led before O'Neal got there and still does IMO. It's Wade's team, no doubt about it.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:32 PM   #19
lebron_zoom

ok... um no offense but you have no idea about basketball and leadership if you think that Wade is a better leader than shaq... Wade is just there to make the highlight reel, Shaq is the one in all the interviews and not to mention that once they acquired Shaq within two years they won the championship
Old 08-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #20
T-Low
College superstar

Shaq was a great leader in LA. He is still a great leader but he is still not the leader of the Heat. I am not changing what i said because I am pretty good with basketball and you might think I might not know my basketball, but you'd be surprised.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:35 PM   #21
lebron_zoom

Ok ill put it this way, prove to me that Wade is better
Old 08-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #22
T-Low
College superstar

It is not the fact the Wade is better. It is the fact that there are certain qualities to being a leader. Wade and Shaq both have leadership qualities, almost equal, but in this case, I would take the one player that has been dedicated to this team since he entered this league and he has adapted to being a team leader even before Shaq coming. When Odom was here, I wasn't that great of a leader and Wade had to assume that role. So, I am still sticking to what I had to say. But you get what I say don't ya?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:39 PM   #23
lebron_zoom

ummm I understand that you gave me no evidence that Wade is a leader at all... And are you Lamar Odom...?
You say I when your talking about Odom
Old 08-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #24
T-Low
College superstar

Dude, if you don't think that Wade doesn't have leadership qualities or barely any qualities, I wanna see you go up to a Miami Heat fan and try explainin that. I can agree with you that Shaq has leadership qualities, but I don't think he is the leader of the team. And thats that. God dammit, I just broke my glass on my glasses. BTW, continuity error on the I, I am on MSN and trying to type also.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #25
lebron_zoom

umm can you stop blowing what I say out of proportion... And you are yet to explain to me how Wade is a better leader than Shaq
Old 08-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #26
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Umm... WOW... without a doubt Bosh and TJ are better leaders, Wade and Charlie have very little NBA experience (Bosh does too but still I think is willing to put the team first) unlike Wade who plays center stage, and what has Charlie done...Nothing that can classify him as a leader.

Wade and Charlie have little experience but Bosh and TJ do? You do realize that TJ, Bosh and Wade all were in the same draft class right?

Wade 'plays center stage'? What does that mean? He's the best player on the NBA championship team? and is this a bad thing?

And you now want reasoning behind T-Low calling Wade a leader....where is your proof that TJ Ford is some unbelievable leader? Please don't say because he phoned Sow in the hospital. Wade and Shaq are both THE leaders of the Heat...you can have more then one. Wade has also recently been named tri-captain of the Olympic team. Is that because he's not a leader? Because again this comes down to you wanting Bosh and TJ over Wade and Cvill, not for talent reasons, but leadership qualities.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #27
T-Low
College superstar

1. Been there longer, 2. Great in the locker room, 3. Has practiced with the rookies time after time to get experience up for real NBA action (boost morality), 4. He never flips out at a player if he has a bad game, he actually consults him on how he can improve for next game and what he has done (straight from Miami Insider-I don't know if thats the correct name for the newspaper), etc. The guy has a lot of same qualities as Shaq, but the one fact that stands out is the length he has been here. I just believe that Wade is the leader of this team on all ends of the ourt and off the court.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:50 PM   #28
lebron_zoom

ok you want proof, the bucks struggled when Ford went down with that serious injury, a good distrubutor of the ball and he believes in team play, now... the next thing i want you to say is why MO PETE IS A GOOD LEADER?? or was that just another stupid thing said like Shaq being less of a leader than Wade
Old 08-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #29
lebron_zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
The guy has a lot of same qualities as Shaq, but the one fact that stands out is the length he has been here. I just believe that Wade is the leader of this team on all ends of the ourt and off the court.

him and shaq have a lot of the same qualities??? I dont think so
I said it before and ill say it again, Wade is a showtime player, he plays to make the fans tickets worth it. And wade isnt that great in the locker room, hes not the kind of guy who can speak from experience and motivate
Old 08-19-2006, 11:57 PM   #30
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
ok you want proof, the bucks struggled when Ford went down with that serious injury, a good distrubutor of the ball and he believes in team play, now... the next thing i want you to say is why MO PETE IS A GOOD LEADER?? or was that just another stupid thing said like Shaq being less of a leader than Wade

So if a key player goes down and a team struggles, that makes him a leader? Also, most PGs distribute and believe in team play, that is what makes them a PG. Those are weak arguements. Wade is a distributer, and Miami would struggle without Wade. T-Low's argument for Wade as a leader are WAY better then your's for TJ.

As for Mo Pete, to be honest, I don't particularly think of him as much of a leader. More just a positive veteren presence. If the Raps had Wade, and he was our primarly leader, with Mo Pete also on the Roster, I personally wouldn't be too worried about the leaderhip level on the Raps.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: