Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-19-2006, 11:58 PM   #31
T-Low
College superstar

Shaq is such an overrated leader and player. He gets away with so much and also, you put him on a pedestal. Would you explain to me in certain details why he is such a great player? You can't really say anything about when Shaq was out they didn't play as well. Mourning did a solid job covering for him and Wade filled in quite fine.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:59 PM   #32
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
him and shaq have a lot of the same qualities??? I dont think so
I said it before and ill say it again, Wade is a showtime player, he plays to make the fans tickets worth it. And wade isnt that great in the locker room, hes not the kind of guy who can speak from experience and motivate

Are you reading your posts? I am pretty much ready to just disregard your comments about Wade to some sort of personal bias you have. To say Wade isn't a team player and is a showboat is hilarious. If you watch the NBA you would know otherwise. The guy is clutch and basically carried the Heat to the title (again anyone who watched the finals would know that). If you call Wade a style no substance.....then isn't Lebron, Melo, Gil etc etc the same? Wade is incredible, as are those other guys.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:00 AM   #33
lebron_zoom
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
As for Mo Pete, to be honest, I don't particularly think of him as much of a leader. More just a positive veteren presence. If the Raps had Wade, and he was our primarly leader, with Mo Pete also on the Roster, I personally wouldn't be too worried about the leaderhip level on the Raps.

Yea, and thats why if you had an NBA team it would suck, also I still havent heard an arguement for Charlie from your part, also HOW IS going down injured and your team sucking NOT having to do with leadership. No leadership on a team that has a certain leader=under .500
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #34
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
Shaq is such an overrated leader and player. He gets away with so much and also, you put him on a pedestal. Would you explain to me in certain details why he is such a great player? You can't really say anything about when Shaq was out they didn't play as well. Mourning did a solid job covering for him and Wade filled in quite fine.

I don't think Shaq is an overrated leader...I think that he and Wade both lead that team and Wade will clearly take over once Shaq retires. It's already Wade's team in terms of shots and clutch.

Shaq isn't overrated as a player, he's just a lot older. You can't dump on him for being older. He is a great player, no question. Anyway who follows ball knows that, even the haters who are reasonable.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:10 AM   #35
lebron_zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low

Sure thing, and unlike you i wont be asked more than once, He isnt afraid of not being in the spot light (unlike Wade) 2. More NBA experience 3. More championship experience 4. More Playoff experience 5. talks to the media 6. improves others around him (definately improved Wade, in some of the few Dwayne wade interviews it talks about how Shaq has been working with Wade)
Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 AM   #36
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Yea, and thats why if you had an NBA team it would suck, also I still havent heard an arguement for Charlie from your part, also HOW IS going down injured and your team sucking NOT having to do with leadership. No leadership on a team that has a certain leader=under .500

Intelligent response.

I have no Cvill argument. Perhaps you don't remember I originally started this tread about who would you prefer were on the Raps, Wade and Cvill or TJ and Bosh. In case you missed the connection, we Drafter Bosh before Wade and dealt Cvill for TJ.

If your team goes down when you're hurt, that means you have talent and are a key player or maybe the star player on your team. It may or may not mean you have leadership skills. The same can be said for Wade, actually far more so, then TJ Ford...let's be real here.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:12 AM   #37
lebron_zoom

Quote:
To say Wade isn't a team player and is a showboat is hilarious. If you watch the NBA you would know otherwise. The guy is clutch and basically carried the Heat to the title (again anyone who watched the finals would know that). If you call Wade a style no substance.....then isn't Lebron, Melo, Gil etc etc the same? Wade is incredible, as are those other guys.

:rollingeyes: Ok...So if your a good player and your clutch your all of a sudden a leader... Then VINCE CARTER MUST BE AN AMAZING LEADER... AND SAME WITH TERREL OWENS... SAME WITH JASON GIAMBI... and your saying that I dont watch the NBA....pffft
Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 AM   #38
lebron_zoom

Quote:
Intelligent response.

I have no Cvill argument. Perhaps you don't remember I originally started this tread about who would you prefer were on the Raps, Wade and Cvill or TJ and Bosh. In case you missed the connection, we Drafter Bosh before Wade and dealt Cvill for TJ.

If your team goes down when you're hurt, that means you have talent and are a key player or maybe the star player on your team. It may or may not mean you have leadership skills. The same can be said for Wade, actually far more so, then TJ Ford...let's be real here.
TJ wasnt the star player... Redd is, and might I add that were the one who was questioning my response then saying leadership isnt a factor even though I was simply giving my decision on your question, what I think shouldnt be influenced by you and im just voicing my opinion to something you want to hear opinions on, if you want to try to say people are wrong then i suggest a different forum... oh and saying intelligent response to open up your sentence and then trying to fit in unnecessary words even though you used none in your previous posts really makes you looks special

Last edited by lebron_zoom : 08-20-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #39
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Sure thing, and unlike you i wont be asked more than once, He isnt afraid of not being in the spot light (unlike Wade) 2. More NBA experience 3. More championship experience 4. More Playoff experience 5. talks to the media 6. improves others around him (definately improved Wade, in some of the few Dwayne wade interviews it talks about how Shaq has been working with Wade)

Where are you getting your obsession with Wade being in the spotlight. And to suggest that Shaq, along with most top players in the league, don't want the spot light is pretty funny. And most of those things you listed, don't you think have a lot to do with Shaq playing like 13 years in the NBA compared to 3 for Wade? Wade doesn't improve others?

This convo is becoming a joke. Are there any other posters out there who have an opinion on the original thread topic....Wade/Cvill vs Bosh/TJ and why.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 AM   #40
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
:rollingeyes: Ok...So if your a good player and your clutch your all of a sudden a leader... Then VINCE CARTER MUST BE AN AMAZING LEADER... AND SAME WITH TERREL OWENS... SAME WITH JASON GIAMBI... and your saying that I dont watch the NBA....pffft

You must not if you don't think Wade is a leader. And sure, good player/clutch, that is leading by example IMO.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #41
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
TJ wasnt the star player... Redd is

Great...re-read and you'll see I covered that. Any team's star or a KEY player gets hurt, they will feel an impact. Especially a player who dominates the ball, like a PG or guard.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #42
lebron_zoom

Quote:
Intelligent response.

Yes I know that, im saying that the raptors made good decisions basically
Old 08-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #43
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
TJ wasnt the star player... Redd is, and might I add that were the one who was questioning my response then saying leadership isnt a factor even though I was simply giving my decision on your question, what I think shouldnt be influenced by you and im just voicing my opinion to something you want to hear opinions on, if you want to try to say people are wrong then i suggest a different forum... oh and saying intelligent response to open up your sentence and then trying to fit in unnecessary words even though you used none in your previous posts really makes you looks special

This is like talking with a child. I just stopped reading. I don't know what was unnecessary about my post.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #44
lebron_zoom

Quote:
Where are you getting your obsession with Wade being in the spotlight. And to suggest that Shaq, along with most top players in the league, don't want the spot light is pretty funny. And most of those things you listed, don't you think have a lot to do with Shaq playing like 13 years in the NBA compared to 3 for Wade? Wade doesn't improve others?

This convo is becoming a joke. Are there any other posters out there who have an opinion on the original thread topic....Wade/Cvill vs Bosh/TJ and why.

You dont think that Wade is in the spotlight... People think hes the best player in the NBA even though if many other players were on that team they would have got the championship anyway, hes always puttin on good dunks... And were are you getting your obsession that leadership isnt a factor
Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #45
lebron_zoom

Quote:
This is like talking with a child. I just stopped reading.

This is like talking to somebody who doesnt know anything to do with the NBA and dynastys at all... Oh wait, I am talkin to somebody who knows virtually nothing...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: