Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 08-21-2006, 07:28 PM   #61
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
Explain to me this statement though, your implying that if your good and clutch then you must be a leader? Oh and if you arent then how are you implying being good and clutch TO being a leader?? Theres a lot of good players who happen to be clutch but aren't even close to what one would consider a leader... And to say Wade DOESNT showboat is complete insanity, anybody who has watched a single Heat game or watch any highlight reals on NBA.com would know that Wade is just about always making insane dunks, etc. And hes just about always showing up somewere on the highlight reel, think about what you say first...

To suggest Wade is a showboat I find pretty funny. Then I guess you assume tons of players are showboats. They are in the highlight reel because they make great plays. You probably think the play where he saved the ball from going out of bounds by bringing it behind the back of the player in front of him along the sideline was showing off...because you're a Wade hater. It's all good. All of us have those players we can't bring ourselves to respect. Like me with the Mailman duing his prime. Anyway, nobody else is participating in this thread so we could have done this via email...which we won't, so let's end this one. Unless anyone else would like to debate Wade as being a showboat type player and 'he's just about always showing up somewhere on the highlights reel'.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #62
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
To suggest Wade is a showboat I find pretty funny. Then I guess you assume tons of players are showboats. They are in the highlight reel because they make great plays. You probably think the play where he saved the ball from going out of bounds by bringing it behind the back of the player in front of him along the sideline was showing off...because you're a Wade hater. It's all good. All of us have those players we can't bring ourselves to respect. Like me with the Mailman duing his prime. Anyway, nobody else is participating in this thread so we could have done this via email...which we won't, so let's end this one. Unless anyone else would like to debate Wade as being a showboat type player and 'he's just about always showing up somewhere on the highlights reel'.

lebron showboats more then wade
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:41 PM   #63
lebron_zoom
Serious playground baller

Quote:

So making totally unnecessary dunks that most players cant even get close to pulling off isnt showboating??? Then blowing it in their faces by doing silly taunts???

Last edited by lebron_zoom : 08-21-2006 at 08:44 PM.
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:25 AM   #64
T-Low
College superstar

Boys, I believe if every player in the league had the chance, they would showboat just because they feel they pulled something big that brought the fans out of the stands....that is why a game winning shot gets a lot of showboating no matter how you celebrate...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #65
dgilbert
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
I always like to look at different scenarios, especially offseason because there isn't much going on in Raptor Land.

So, I know a number of us usually have our purple sunglasses on and are very biased towards Raptors, so try and give an objective opinion/argument.

I know that some scenarios are far fetched, but I like to propose scenarios that actually might have been legit, like when I asked about Morrison or Foye on the Raps instead of Bargs.

So, who would you rather have as the foundation of the Raps......TJ and Bosh, as we currently do, OR Wade and CVill??
i'd take wade and CV, mainly because wade is damn near the best player in the league, and charlie is pretty good. This is a no doubter in my mind.

And the guy who said wade wasn't a leader is a moron, did you not watch him carry his team to a championship.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 02:24 PM   #66
lebron_zoom
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgilbert
i'd take wade and CV, mainly because wade is damn near the best player in the league, and charlie is pretty good. This is a no doubter in my mind.

And the guy who said wade wasn't a leader is a moron, did you not watch him carry his team to a championship.

I NEVER SAID HE WASNT A LEADER YOU IDIOT, but Shaq is more of a leader on their team by far
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #67
Too_Cool
I rule the local playground

Holy **** this was a long argument. Now I will decide the winner......drum roll please........RAPSFAN!
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #68
T-Low
College superstar

That was a 2 man argument with a moderator or 2 in it.....gotta love it....theory for wade is still the same...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: