Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #46
tian820
College star
 
tian820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,055
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

I'm just gonna say Nas
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #47
Gundress
Banned
 
Gundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,745
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

V-Unit read my post about why Jigga made a career rapping about ignorance...obivously, you coudn't asnwer my post.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #48
qwerty
(o_0)
 
qwerty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,434
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
V-Unit read my post about why Jigga made a career rapping about ignorance...obivously, you coudn't asnwer my post.


Actually, your post makes it pretty obvious you don't know what ignorance means.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #49
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian
 
blasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,608
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
V-Unit read my post about why Jigga made a career rapping about ignorance...obivously, you coudn't asnwer my post.

The fact that Jigga isnt the most socially conscious rapper shouldn't take away from his talent. I mean, just look at someone like Biggie. As far as subject matter, the majority of his content consists of violence, sex, and drug dealing with the occasional introspective or inspirational track thrown in there. But that still doesn't change the fact that he's one of the GOATs.
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #50
Gundress
Banned
 
Gundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,745
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
Actually, your post makes it pretty obvious you don't know what ignorance means.


WTF!, are you serious dude?
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #51
v-unit
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

About Jay-Z spitting poisen.

There are tons of songs that Jay-Z has made which touch on social issues (Hell, even Wayne made songs about social issues). But if you're going to act like Jay-Z is only spitting poisen, is not a good person in some way, or doesn't help out the world as much as possible, just look at some of the things he did.

His philanthropy is amazing. He met with UN Secretary General Kofi Annan at the organization's headquarters in New York. He pledged to use his upcoming world tour to raise awareness of – and combat – global water shortage. He had been made aware of this issue during a visit to Africa. The effort took place in partnership with the UN.

Hell, just listen to the BluePrint2 (His diss towards Nas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Z in BluePrint2
Can't ya'll, see that he's fake, the rap version of TD jakes
Prophesizing on your CDs and tapes
Won't break you a crumb of the little bit that he makes
And this is with whom you want to place your faith?
I put dollars on mine, ask Columbine
When the Twin Towers dropped, I was the first in line
Donating proceeds off every ticket sold
When I was out on the road, that's how you judge Hov, no?
Ain't I supposed to be absorbed myself?
Every time there's a tragedy, I'm the first one to help
They call me this misogynist, but they don't call me the dude
To take his dollars to give gifts at the projects
These dudes is all politics, depositing checks
they put in they pocket, all you get in return is a lot of lip
And y'all buy the sh*t, caught up in the hype
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #52
v-unit
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

How about you wait a bit dude? I have other things to do, just let me gather info and reply to you properly.

It is extremely ludacris to consider Jay-Z someone who doesn't care for society, as proved above, he's done more for people then Nas has.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #53
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian
 
blasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,608
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Why does every thread about hip hop turn into Jay Z vs. Nas? This is your fault V-Unit, lol
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #54
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,067
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake™
doesnt matter, because if that person is hot enough then their music has touched enough people to get plenty of votes
In that case, I vote Nas.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #55
qwerty
(o_0)
 
qwerty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,434
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
WTF!, are you serious dude?

you said:
Quote:
All jay has talked about through out his career is himself.
And if he wasn't talking about himself he was rapping about something immature.
and materialistic.

How's he gonna be ignorant about himself? He's rich, so how is him rapping about his riches going to be ignorant? He sold drugs when he was young, so yeah he knows a little about that too. Don't see how you can say that he's not good just because of what he raps about.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 PM   #56
v-unit
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

No way blasian. I brought him up but I killed it. This dude started calling him juts a poisenous rapper who apperently doesn't touch social issues. He is taking the simplest form of evidence (Rap lyrics) and saying that because of his lyrics, he doesn't effet society positivly. I'm just saying how wrong he is because he is VERY wrong.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:44 PM   #57
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian
 
blasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,608
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
No way blasian. I brought him up but I killed it. This dude started calling him juts a poisenous rapper who apperently doesn't touch social issues. He is taking the simplest form of evidence (Rap lyrics) and saying that because of his lyrics, he doesn't effet society positivly. I'm just saying how wrong he is because he is VERY wrong.

Yea, I dont agree with Jay being a bad person at all and you stated your point well. But you're the one who started this in the first place lol. Some dude just said that his #1 right now was Nas, then you came in questioning his decision and throwing in Jay's name which is what sparked everything.
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #58
v-unit
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

I know. But then I said "There is no point in us arguining who's better for the billionth time". --Trying to end it.

Then he came in and said his stuff even though it was killed.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #59
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian
 
blasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,608
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
I know. But then I said "There is no point in us arguining who's better for the billionth time". --Trying to end it.

Then he came in and said his stuff even though it was killed.

lol, you can't start an argument and then expect it to end right after you've said your piece. that's not how debate works
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #60
Gundress
Banned
 
Gundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,745
Default Re: #1 Rap/Hip Hop Artist Right Now According To ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
About Jay-Z spitting poisen.

There are tons of songs that Jay-Z has made which touch on social issues (Hell, even Wayne made songs about social issues). But if you're going to act like Jay-Z is only spitting poisen, is not a good person in some way, or doesn't help out the world as much as possible, just look at some of the things he did.

His philanthropy is amazing. He met with UN Secretary General Kofi Annan at the organization's headquarters in New York. He pledged to use his upcoming world tour to raise awareness of – and combat – global water shortage. He had been made aware of this issue during a visit to Africa. The effort took place in partnership with the UN.

Hell, just listen to the BluePrint2 (His diss towards Nas).

na homie...your off a bit. We do live in a morally corrupt world but Jay never gave any healing to that world...and he's supposed to be the king. How u the king and u poisoning the kids? Jay was talking about moving keys in that 2004 song "Get Ya Money Right." Jay moving keys in 2004? Pure ignorance. He shoulda made a song about mutual funds...Jay didnt change by "Kingdom Come" besides 'Minoruty Report" and "Lost Ones" all jay is talking about is himself. Money hoes and clothes is a topic that really is played out in an era where we are truley lost as a people. The top dog is supposed to lead the people. If your not part of the solution you're part of the problem.


Ok..........., little bit off the topic......which is more impressive.....white superstar make black superstar embarrassment.....which is more impressive to you guys?......

Jigga that gave water to african kids, i mean it was small cause of the huge struggle over there which is good but won't change impact africa kids life. when he adopts a child in Africa like Angelina I'll be impressed. Other then that it only looks right to get that photo op of Jay (a Black rich man) doing something in Africa (and who's to say all that water wasn't a tax write off...more then likely it was)
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

Las Vegas NBA Summer League

FIBA World Cup Basketball

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy