Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Jabari Parker will emerge as the best ... according to Mike Wilbon

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    Great article on the greatness of Parker:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...rmances-at-msg

Regarding Parker's defense, an NBA assistant, who has always felt Parker was the best talent over Randle, Wiggins, etc. said:

"I watched him (Parker) guard Kevin Durant for four straight days at Nike Skills Academy. Ask anybody what he did that week. He was ridiculous."
    Seems like a good defender to me. Has really good anticipation and understands how to play angles and use his length.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Seems like a good defender to me. Has really good anticipation and understands how to play angles and use his length.

parker is a good defender but his defense is not better than wiggins...

What is it that leads you to believe that? Is it the 6 blocks Parker had against East Carolina?

Parker HAS 3 TIMES as many blocks per game, just as many steals per game, and held his own one on one against KD at his camp.

You're gonna say his quickness, fast twitch, whatever.
    Y'all can just throw out these Andrew Wiggins opinions, but there is no statistical evidence to back them, and defense is the one area where he is actually close to Parker.

Listen up, and listen good: Jabari Parker has always been, is right now, and will always be better than the media fabrication of Wiggins. Wiggins is stiff as hell. Almost zero aura on the court.
    That doesn't just leave when you get older as much as Wiggins fanboys point to some mythical future.

Jabari Parker is the truth.

From the link below to end the article:
    "But they’re still not the same as Parker, because Parker can do everything.
    There's not very much this guy can't do, but one thing he is doing is redefining college basketball.What do you think?
    Watch while you can, because there will not be another player like Jabari Parker to grace the game for a long time."
    http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...ker-experience

What is it that leads you to believe that? Is it the 6 blocks Parker had against East Carolina?

Parker HAS 3 TIMES as many blocks per game, just as many steals per game, and held his own one on one against KD at his camp.

Y'all can just throw out these Andrew Wiggins opinions, but there is no statistical evidence to back them, and defense is the one area where he is actually close to Parker.

Listen up, and listen good: Jabari Parker has always been, is right now, and will always be better than the media fabrication of Wiggins. Wiggins is stiff as hell. Almost zero aura on the court.
    That doesn't just leave when you get older as much as Wiggins fanboys point to some mythical future.

"But they’re still not the same as Parker, because Parker can do everything.
    There's not very much this guy can't do, but one thing he is doing is redefining college basketball.What do you think?
    Watch while you can, because there will not be another player like Jabari Parker to grace the game for a long time."
    http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...ker-experience

lets just wait once they get to the nba..

and you are wrong paul pierce is the truth

[QUOTE=BIZARRO]What is it that leads you to believe that? Is it the 6 blocks Parker had against East Carolina?

"But they

"He's probably, in my eight years as a head coach, the most talented freshman I've seen just from his size, his physicality and his skill level," Alabama coach Anthony Grant said of Parker. "He's able to make tough shots and free himself for the open shot and he's able to get himself to the free throw line. He's just a really, really talented player. They have got a lot of really good players around them, as well."

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400518034

NBA Superstar

[QUOTE=BIZARRO]What is it that leads you to believe that? Is it the 6 blocks Parker had against East Carolina?

"But they

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I think what leads me to believe this was Wiggins absolutely shutting Parker out in the last five minutes of their game (where they went head to head finally) and Wiggins team taking a tie game and turning it into an 11 point win. Wiggins was having his way in the clutch, while Parker had run out of steam (well probably didn't run out of steam, but got shut down).

Wiggins is a much better defender, just go on youtube, there are also videos of him going head to head with Julius Randle and playing great D on a much thicker player.

Rebounding is really where Wiggins differentiates himself, his second jump might be the best ever, and he gets off the ground as quick as anyone ever has, this means a high volume of put backs, an ability to protect the rim from help side (a huge bonus to get this from a perimeter player) and when coupled with his length the ability to take rebounds away from players with better position.

Parker is an exceptional talent, and has a smoother, more well rounded game than Wiggins, this cannot be denied but he is more finished product, and while it is a nice product, Wiggins brings things to the table that make him great, with time to work on the skill set. His physical tools are so great that he can actually take over games (like he did against Duke and Parker) just by getting active.

Last night Wiggins had a big second half as well, this will be a common thing this season, Kansas is stacked, the first half will be spent sussing everything out, then Wiggins will close it out. But every game, it'll Perry and Wiggins, Selden and Wiggins, Embiid and Wiggins, there is a constant here, and that is the difference. Put him on Duke, he would need to score 25 a game like Parker is doing to keep them competitive, but on Kansas, he is there on both ends and making his teammates look great.
    i was doing something during the second half and only caught bits and pieces but Wiggins wasn't guarding Parker? Are you saying that anyone that doesn't perform while Wiggins is on the court is shut down by him? I think Wiggins has a much higher ceiling but this ******gins is getting out of control. Parker's issue in the second half was that his guards went away from him because they are selfish and horrible players. He has to deal with that every game because they don't like it when Jabari goes off.

Oh and Wiggins isn't making anyone look great. And the idea that he could score 25 on the efficiency that Parker is doing is also just a guess. He had trouble creating his own offense even when defense isn't concentrating on him.

i was doing something during the second half and only caught bits and pieces but Wiggins wasn't guarding Parker? Are you saying that anyone that doesn't perform while Wiggins is on the court is shut down by him? I think Wiggins has a much higher ceiling but this ******gins is getting out of control. Parker's issue in the second half was that his guards went away from him because they are selfish and horrible players. He has to deal with that every game because they don't like it when Jabari goes off.

Oh and Wiggins isn't making anyone look great. And the idea that he could score 25 on the efficiency that Parker is doing is also just a guess. He had trouble creating his own offense even when defense isn't concentrating on him.

Good post.

Listen I WANT Wiggins to be awesome, but he just looks stiff as hell to me. I took one look at him live at the McDonald's All America game and said THIS is the guy they're making such a big deal of? Looks stiff as hell.
    I never said that about Bron, Kobe, Melo, Durant, Tmac, or many lesser players, or Jabari Parker for that matter.

Look at this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GinULGhuItQ
    He looks so stiff and just not IT. Even on his good plays this season, it's just not fluid at all. At all.
    1:23, 1:51, 2:39, 4:12, 5:32
    This fluidity doesn't just come, you either have it or you don't. There are a few cases where it magically came (aka Paul George), but it's the rare exception, not the norm at all.
    I hope it happens. I want Wiggins to be great. But I'm not willing to project something that I don't see happening in his skill set.
    You can get by on transition dunks, and good defense because you're athletic for so long, but you need SKILLS to be great in the NBA.

This guy however:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exiGtzX7SSg

Parker has been making jaw dropping plays like this all season.

It's the EYE test people. Parker is absolutely ridiculously skilled, and Wiggins, who I WANT to be good, just doesn't have it. Whatever it is, he doesn't have it.
    He may have some tools to project into a great player, but it is pure speculation. If the media never said anything to you about him, and you watched him this season, you'd just be like he's another good guy on Kansas.
    And to me that is enough of statement.
    But Parker, you'd be like, this is the second coming of a superstar we haven't seen for a few years.

How anyone can watch both of them play this season in total and not see how Parker outclasses Wiggins is beyond me.

The power of the media to create things, and have the public buy in is amazing.

I want Wiggins to be the real deal. I was as jacked as anyone with his maxtape, and excited for him to be the best thing since Lebron, or even just pretty spectacular, but I have seen nothing at Kansas to show it.

Parker on the other hand, is just CRAZY good. And more importantly crazy skilled. Something I don't see Wiggins ever being. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by BIZARRO; 11-29-2013 at 10:22 AM.

What's the comparisons to Lebron for Wiggins? Lebron as a junior in high school was already way more skilled than Wiggins is now

Very good NBA starter

Wiggins plays defense because he's just so athletic he can sleep walk 2 blocks and a couple of steals but it's going to take him being dedicated to defense to be the beast he could be.

Parker already has a better natural feel for the game and could be a 17-18 ppg scorer in the NBA right now.

Good post.

Listen I WANT Wiggins to be awesome, but he just looks stiff as hell to me. I took one look at him live at the McDonald's All America game and said THIS is the guy they're making such a big deal of? Looks stiff as hell.
    I never said that about Bron, Kobe, Melo, Durant, Tmac, or many lesser players, or Jabari Parker for that matter.

Look at this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GinULGhuItQ
    He looks so stiff and just not IT. Even on his good plays this season, it's just not fluid at all. At all.
    1:23, 1:51, 2:39, 4:12, 5:32
    This fluidity doesn't just come, you either have it or you don't. There are a few cases where it magically came (aka Paul George), but it's the rare exception, not the norm at all.
    I hope it happens. I want Wiggins to be great. But I'm not willing to project something that I don't see happening in his skill set.
    You can get by on transition dunks, and good defense because you're athletic for so long, but you need SKILLS to be great in the NBA.

This guy however:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exiGtzX7SSg

Parker has been making jaw dropping plays like this all season.

It's the EYE test people. Parker is absolutely ridiculously skilled, and Wiggins, who I WANT to be good, just doesn't have it. Whatever it is, he doesn't have it.
    He may have some tools to project into a great player, but it is pure speculation. If the media never said anything to you about him, and you watched him this season, you'd just be like he's another good guy on Kansas.
    And to me that is enough of statement.
    But Parker, you'd be like, this is the second coming of a superstar we haven't seen for a few years.

How anyone can watch both of them play this season in total and not see how Parker outclasses Wiggins is beyond me.

The power of the media to create things, and have the public buy in is amazing.

I want Wiggins to be the real deal. I was as jacked as anyone with his maxtape, and excited for him to be the best thing since Lebron, or even just pretty spectacular, but I have seen nothing at Kansas to show it.

Parker on the other hand, is just CRAZY good. And more importantly crazy skilled. Something I don't see Wiggins ever being. I hope I'm wrong.

that vid didn't show anything. what were you trying to prove? if he wasn't on KU, he would be scoring just as much as Jabari if not more. if you had not watched KU's games with a huge bias against Wiggins and a huge boner for Parker you would realize this.

keep writing long winded paragraphs saying the same thing tho, maybe you'll convince somebody.

i just hope parker can take this team to atleast elite 8.....

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus

that vid didn't show anything. what were you trying to prove? if he wasn't on KU, he would be scoring just as much as Jabari if not more. if you had not watched KU's games with a huge bias against Wiggins and a huge boner for Parker you would realize this.

keep writing long winded paragraphs saying the same thing tho, maybe you'll convince somebody.

I was trying to prove and show just how stiff Wiggins is. Which he is. If you can't see it, you can't see it, what can I tell you.

I was trying to prove and show just how stiff Wiggins is. Which he is. If you can't see it, you can't see it, what can I tell you.

that was his first game at AFH, the loudest arena in college hoops. I couldn't give a fvck less if he was nervous and had a few bad plays. he's had 2 bad games and they've both been with a 100+ degree fever. if he keeps playing like this I'll concede, but I'm still pretty sure Wiggins is gonna be amazing.