Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #76
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Rockbttm88 has decent reputationRockbttm88 has decent reputation
Default Re: Best region to live in the U.S.

and honestly I think I'd rather live with strange rednecks than the overly macho, always-hostile-all-the-time, types that have invaded the NJ suburbs where I live. Honestly, everytime you pull up to a red light and look over theres some jackass in a Hummer grilling you for no reason. It disgusts me.

As hick-ish as most Penn people are, they're much better people at heart than NJ people.
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #77
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

make no mistake lake orion, mi is the place to be 10 minutes away from the palace of auburn hills actually that's about the only good thing we have around.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #78
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

In terms of Canada, Vancouver Island is probably the nicest place to live. If it were the the States I'd probably pick Hawaii.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #79
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
lol

Guess you don't realize that California's economy is in the shitter even with a state income tax and a sales tax. I went to Long Beach yesterday and it wasn't anything special. I've been disappointed by SoCal so far. I think I'll just go to Venice Beach and Orange County and that's it.

I'm missing Texas. No state income tax, a lower sales tax, cheaper housing, better economy and less depressing people (a lot of these in Bakersfield). Cant wait to get back.

Why are you "lol"ing at my opinion and not the 5000 other people who said Cali? Because I dont base my taste in region on just their economy? (which was good until recently). You are missing texas because its cheaper to live there? I guess you value different things in a region than most people do. You would LOVE South America, I hear housing is really cheap there.

Bakersfield is the dirty poo covered asshole of California, so dont let that taint your perception. Never been to Long beach, Venice beach or OC, in fact I havent spent much time in Socal in general except Santa Barbara and San Diego, which are both like heaven on earth if you can afford them. Norcal > Socal too.

edit: If you want to know why I love cali you should go to Yosemite, the American River, the Sierras in general, the Redwood forests of Norcal, and dont go to all the tourist destinations like Venice beach.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 07-01-2009 at 02:05 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #80
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbttm88
No doubt man. Its redneck city up there. But the house were getting is in a community mostly for weekend people. Theres always two security guards on duty and you need card-key access to get in. But yeah, I'm definitely gonna get a gun when we move there. Just for piece of mind I guess.
Yeah don't get me wrong it's a real cool area. Like I said if you are into the outdoors or survivalism It's one of the best places to be. Cost of living is cheap up there. Definitely worth owning a gun though because there as previously mentioned theres some methed out redneck f*cktards.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #81
Jakez On Point11
I brick open layups

Jakez On Point11 has an OK reputation so far

If you want a really liveable city, with a good mix of city life and nature I'd definitly reccomend Pittsburgh.
It's really diverse and areas like the Southside and Strip District are exquisite plus close to downtown Pittsburgh.
And we are the 'City of Champions' :)
Jakez On Point11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: