Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Bryant has fracture in his left knee. Out 6 weeks

Hopefully Kobe doesn't catch the injury bug for the end of his career. It's tough seeing him like this. It's better for the Lakers though. They really need a lottery pick this season. Kobe being out more helps that.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

honestly i would blow up as much as we can

Hill for 1st round pick
    Blake for the same
    Pau for 1st rounder + rookie contract like Waiters

blow it up...& Rebuild while kobe sells tickets next 2 years

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Dammit , one of the more annoying and frustrating things with an achilles injury and tear is the effect it can have on other parts of the leg, although this could be totally unrelated from experience I can say when your achilles is torn it certainly makes surrounding parts like the calves and potentially hamstrings weaker, it affects a lot more than just the initial injury itself. I hope this is just an unrelated injury and he comes back with no more injury problems.

Default Re: Win Loss record without Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    ......and Great that you are posting more!!!
    What can I say first university year is over so filling in time during the holidays haha

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Dammit , one of the more annoying and frustrating things with an achilles injury and tear is the effect it can have on other parts of the leg, although this could be totally unrelated from experience I can say when your achilles is torn it certainly makes surrounding parts like the calves and potentially hamstrings weaker, it affects a lot more than just the initial injury itself. I hope this is just an unrelated injury and he comes back with no more injury problems.
    Dr. on the radio this afternoon said it's not related.. Common injury that occurs when you hyper extend a knee from contact or when while your foot is planted and doesn't slide.. Not a time thing or out of shape thing or age thing... just one of those thing that happen...

also said it's not a bad injury for a knee most of the time no surgery is needed, there's no ligaments involved, only in extremely aged people is it a problem and usually the problems result because of other health problems... just a few weeks of healing

he said they used to call it "bumper knee" because the most common place you see it happen is when people would bang into something at the right height (like a car bumper) bang into it and hyper extend the knee...

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Dr. on the radio this afternoon said it's not related.. Common injury that occurs when you hyper extend a knee from contact or when while your foot is planted and doesn't slide.. Not a time thing or out of shape thing or age thing... just one of those thing that happen...

also said it's not a bad injury for a knee most of the time no surgery is needed, there's no ligaments involved, only in extremely aged people is it a problem and usually the problems result because of other health problems... just a few weeks of healing

he said they used to call it "bumper knee" because the most common place you see it happen is when people would bang into something at the right height (like a car bumper) bang into it and hyper extend the knee...
    Thank you for the quick reply, interesting, good news then that it isn't related, was afraid there might be ligaments or something involved, with that information probably no major repercussions once he recovers given he's a professional athlete haha

shhhhhhh

Thank you for the quick reply, interesting, good news then that it isn't related, was afraid there might be ligaments or something involved, with that information probably no major repercussions once he recovers given he's a professional athlete haha
    Np

and yet here was Kobe Bryant on Thursday afternoon making clear his belief on those who'd dare doubt his resolve again. "Only an idiot would," Bryant told Yahoo Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Np

and yet here was Kobe Bryant on Thursday afternoon making clear his belief on those who'd dare doubt his resolve again. "Only an idiot would," Bryant told Yahoo Sports.
    I certainly wouldn't doubt his resolve...just maybe the human physical ability to match his mental will/determination haha

I think it's an interesting thing to ask or discuss, the Bulls that year led by Scottie Pippen (who I believe led them in most major statistical categories that year) just showed that the team was deeper than simply one great player (and that Pippen's importance as part of the team in history has been majorly undervalued to the point it makes me almost sad) and it just shows that not one player wins championships, I consider it to rate a player based on titles, it's the most important thing in sports but you win them as a team in the NBA never as just one player, the most common example I've noticed with no help is my favourite player Akeem/Hakeem but he had for one title Clyde the Glyde. Teams may play better at times without a ball dominant player but it certainly limits how far you go in the end, kind of a bit like how when Kobe was injured this year not playing, players moved the ball more looked good to start, the role players like Meeks stepped up, but then when the role players who stepped up went cold then you kind of want the ball dominant star player back because in the end it limits you for anything more than a short period of time
    I agree with DK, really good post.
    I was impressed with the Pistons who won in 2004(?) The team was so balanced that there was not clear cut main guy....ok Billups..maybe but the defense of Prince and the offense of Wallace was very hard to ignore.
    When Dallas won it all, Dirk couldn't have done it by himself without Kidd getting hot too.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I agree with DK, really good post.
    I was impressed with the Pistons who won in 2004(?) The team was so balanced that there was not clear cut main guy....ok Billups..maybe but the defense of Prince and the offense of Wallace was very hard to ignore.
    When Dallas won it all, Dirk couldn't have done it by himself without Kidd getting hot too.
    I still find the Pistons of 04-05 extremely impressive, offensively yeah Billups was the leader but when you look at it over a season Billups averaged 17 or 18, it truly was a combined overall effort, some great defense and they all got hot at the right time I suppose but saying that kind of undervalued how balanced and well put that team was (maybe could have been a dynasty had they had drafted someone instead of Darko haha), Prince's defense in his prime was extremely good last year he was still a decent defender (well with age no one stays a good defender for too long but decent for his age), there was no one who was I suppose terrible on the defensive end for the Pistons (or those that were, were covered quite well by the defensive schemes and rotations). Helped having a great defensive anchor in Ben Wallace haha, was just a very well put together team. I think the Mavericks vs the Heat it was kind of underrated how good their team defense was, I mean when you looked at the team it was kind of similar to the Pistons, those that were average defensively (Dirk) played decent defense and the rotations made up for it, they made LeBron a jump shooter, Marion great defense and spot up shooting, Kidd the older statesman floor general and Chandler the defensive anchor, it was quite similar except Dirk was clearly the best player on the team and offensively was amazing even for Dirk but he couldn't have won without the team having great defense and heating up either. You win as a team although you get a ring each that championship at the end of the day does not say on that banner "NBA Champion 2002: Shaq" or "2009 NBA champion Kobe" it says Champions the Lakers, you may have a star player and that's great but you win as a team and the importance of role players is often underrated. I'm sad the Kings team never won a title (even if the Lakers kind of got one at their expense haha) that team was quite even, Stojakovic, Bibby, Divac, Webber and maybe Turkoglu think he was there at the time as well but wasn't that good just remember him haha, was a well rounded team that could have went close to winning it all.

I certainly wouldn't doubt his resolve...just maybe the human physical ability to match his mental will/determination haha
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Ditto
    I don't want to mean by that, that he's not physically strong just that I can't just say I won't say "nope you can definitely come back you will be fine" based on him being Kobe Bryant he still bleeds, he's still mortal, he's exceptionally more gifted than most and has huge determination but he's still human, humans can only physically push so far for so long no matter who they are whether it's Kobe, or LeBron a physical phenom but he won't be like it forever, Wilt Chamberlain the greatest athlete in NBA history after a knee injury although times change but it's an example none the less, McGrady, Hill etc although they had more injuries it just shows that no matter the determination and talent you are still human and you can break down and not be able to recover I hope Kobe isn't at the point I don't think he is but it's not a foregone conclusion he'll ever be the same in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    honestly i would blow up as much as we can

Hill for 1st round pick
    Blake for the same
    Pau for 1st rounder + rookie contract like Waiters

blow it up...& Rebuild while kobe sells tickets next 2 years
    I understand trading Hill since it seems to me that MDA don't want to play him long mins anyway but I just don't understand why they should blow the team up for the sake of doing it.
    I like some pieces that can help the team's cause for the next few years.
    Yes, Blake is getting old but I think they can develop the other players.
    Hire a shooting coach for Wesley Johnson. Meeks is fine as a back up SG IMO, SAME with Farmar and Henry. They are not great players but good enough role players.
    Having some fine young athletes are good too, but why let go of guys who can help too.

Home of the 16

Default Charles Barkley Thinks Lakers Should Shut Down Kobe Bryant

LINK
    Full Video: http://youtu.be/2slCpx6u8hw

One of the Lakers biggest critics, Charles Barkley of Inside the NBA on TNT, weighed in on whether or not Bryant should play again this season on the heals of another significant injury. It was Barkley who recently said the Lakers “will stink” with our without the 35-year-old veteran guard and voiced his opinion that he shouldn’t play again this season.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 12-23-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Default Re: Charles Barkley Thinks Lakers Should Shut Down Kobe Bryant

Barkley is right. It's over. Shut Kobe down for the year. It is time to rebuild..

1) Lets just build for next season with a mid-range draft pick. 8th seed and first-round exit does not help because you get crap draft pick and still lose. You want to miss playoffs.

2) I would try to trade Gasol before February also. I don't know who I would get for Gasol, but it has to be a potential star in their 20s.

3) We already have some young pieces that will be great off the bench next year (mainly Young, Farmar, Henry, Meeks, Hill - others are expendable). I would re-sign them over the summer.

4) Nash's days are over. Trade him or use the stretch provision