Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

ESPN reports:

The Golden State Warriors and Philadelphia 76ers have discussed a trade that would send the Warriors' leading scorer, Monta Ellis, to the 76ers for Andre Iguodala, according to league sources, including one with direct knowledge of Golden State's thinking...

The Warriors would beef up their perimeter size and defense with Iguodala, who is 6'6" and 207 pounds and can play shooting guard or small forward. Iguodala would be paired with the 6'3", 185-pound Stephen Curry at point guard and 6'9" small forward Dorell Wright.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6633355

Jackson might have a new roster when he starts coaching

thoughts ....
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-07-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore Magic38's Avatar

Default Re: Iggy = Ellis ratings (potential trade)

Hope magic can pull off a miracle trade fr iggy, we need someone besides Dwight to play defense.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Love it for Golden State, but I'm not sure about what it does for Philly. Wouldn't Jrue Holiday and Monta have the same conflict as Monta and Steph Curry?

If this trade does happen, how long until some team steals Evan Turner for nothing?

Ellis and Holiday should be able to switch assignments. Ellis is capable of guarding smaller guards, and is Brandon Roy's Kryptonite. Holiday is 6'4" and is a tenacious defender. I think they'll be okay together, not great, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6633355

Jackson might have a new roster when he starts coaching

thoughts ....
    trade works for both teams.

Curry + Iggy would work

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Love it for Golden State, but I'm not sure about what it does for Philly. Wouldn't Jrue Holiday and Monta have the same conflict as Monta and Steph Curry?

If this trade does happen, how long until some team steals Evan Turner for nothing?
    Philly gets a bonafide goto scorer whom they havnt had the last few years. They ranked 18 in points per game last year. I think the deal works for GS as well as Philly. Ellis is going to make that teams offense better.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Default Re: Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

Wow, evans will never be a trade bait in the future if this trade goes through. I was hoping he would become a monta ellis type of player.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

They could do worse, but I really think this'd be a bad move for Philly. They're going to put Turner at the 3? What of Thad Young then? I just don't really get it, if I were a Philly fan I'd probably be more interested in money dump + pick/s + prospect.

Would have thought they would source a big man with Iggy.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    Ellis and Holiday should be able to switch assignments. Ellis is capable of guarding smaller guards, and is Brandon Roy's Kryptonite. Holiday is 6'4" and is a tenacious defender. I think they'll be okay together, not great, but okay.
    But can Holiday honestly do that? I love the kid, have since he was at UCLA, but can he really switch and consistently guard opposing 2s consistently? I'm honestly asking.

Decent college freshman

GS could really use Iggy in place of Monta. That'd make them much better. Shooters like Curry and Wright around him. Williams' scoring off the bench. A huge defensive improvement on the wing.

What does Philly do with Monta though with Jrue,Lou Williams,Turner and Meeks on the roster already? If you include say, Lou Williams,Speights and Biedrins, its a little better.

No good having Iggy on the court with David Lee. Need to trade Lee for someone who isn't a matador.

Ellis would be a nice addition to an aging team like Spurs or Celtics, to carry much of the offense and help their veteran stars.

i like the trade. steph would really need to step it up.and the warriors still need a center

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I thought the Clippers were supposed to trade Kaman and a pick for Iggy :[ That would've worked well with both teams.